PDA

View Full Version : Tuatha De Danann

Tanemis
01-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Seeing as my family heritage is very Irish I started my pantheon studies with the Irish / Celtic pantheon. I've found a lot of information that references the Tuatha De Danann but I can't seem to find anything specifically on them. Anyone have any good books that discuss them in particular?

I'll post some of my information in the near future.

zero
01-05-2010, 03:45 AM
I to am interested, for I am 1/2 Irish and 1/2 German; I know much of my German side, but not so much of the Irish heritage.

All I do know is Tuatha De Danann means "peoples of the goddess Danu"

Tanemis
01-05-2010, 04:05 AM
Yeah I'm starting to compile my research onto another forum. Once I have it complete I'll link everything to here.

Mage720
03-13-2011, 07:12 AM
In some of my studies... having the same strong irish heritage... ive run into them too. They describe them as a powerful elven like fae race who came from the sky like gods. You could think of them kinda like tolkens ref to elven race. Yet they were by far way stronger, beautiful and powerful, especially in magick and other arts, and were practically immortal, yet they could fall in battle, which most did. They say the red hair and green eyes is an inherited gene from them because they did live amoungst us for awhile, before travelling into a parallel realm for other circumstances. Your best luck will be in older txt on the epics of celtic ireland.

dragonash_1
11-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Seeing as my family heritage is very Irish I started my pantheon studies with the Irish / Celtic pantheon. I've found a lot of information that references the Tuatha De Danann but I can't seem to find anything specifically on them. Anyone have any good books that discuss them in particular?

I'll post some of my information in the near future.

Well, I'm not sure whether the links that are followed here would be of great help to you, however, kindly go through it who knows they might prove helpful:

http://www.aughty.org/pdf/dedannan_mythology.pdf
www.munseys.com/diskone/invadetuatha.pdf
http://www.shee-eire.com/magic&mythology/races/tuatha-de-danann/page1.htm

Dajai
12-16-2011, 08:13 PM
I used to have an excellent book specifically on Irish Mythology, which I managed to lose a few years ago. However I still have "The Mammoth Book of Celtic Myths and Legends" by Peter Berresford Ellis, which is actually rather good as far as a collection of myths goes.

I have Irish blood too so it was important for me to study. The internet has plenty of information but I spent a while getting books from libraries and friends on the subject too. One good thing about Irish mythology is that it's well documented. One bad thing is that it was documented by Christians...

Astral Eye
12-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Come on Ireland. 1/8 Irish.