PDA

View Full Version : Ritual Tools Question

As Above,So Below
01-12-2010, 08:39 PM
I've seen a lot of magic where you had to use a wand of some sort or lit candles and such.

Well, to those that cannot access candles, is there still a way to hold some sort of ritual? i have access to fire,pens and pencils,the moon,paper and the internet

What i am contemplating is a spell that will bring a part time job into my life, and as i am completely new to... what would you call this, Witchcraft? i'm wondering what should i know / research prior to casting my first spell and if there is anything that i absolutely need for casting said spell.

Hope that made sense

ZeldaFitz
01-12-2010, 11:01 PM
You do not have to buy anything to do a ritual this is a misconception, matches, paper, perfume mixed with oil, and your intent is all you need, a cast iron pan can be a cauldron, improvise!

ZeldaFitz
01-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Vir is right, a simple tree branch once you ask the tree's permission can be just as powerful as a store bought one.

As Above,So Below
01-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Vir is right, a simple tree branch once you ask the tree's permission can be just as powerful as a store bought one.

Interesting, can you actually talk to trees? do they have spirits you can communicate with?

ZeldaFitz
01-14-2010, 03:35 PM
hmmm, I guess it is possible, but I was talking about respect for Mother Earth and her children, trees have spirits that protect them.

crowley666
01-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Your wand should represent your will. Try to visualize what your will is like or would look like if it was physically tangible and then implement it into the wand.

KatKinney
03-13-2010, 02:50 AM
Hey, I'm planning to make a wand. I looked for tips on the internet but they were all pretty general; pick a stick from the ground or tree, if a tree do some sort of gratitude rite, consecrate, etc... I guess I was looking for more specific instructions and important tips. Thought I would ask you guys if you have a wand how you individually went about making it. Or also what in your opinion are the most important aspects of wand making. Wood used, length, personal additions, etc...
Thanks again

daecon
03-13-2010, 04:32 AM
Other than the Wand of Fire in ceremonial magic which has a very specific appearance and method of manufacture, magic wands are the most varied tool in modern spellcraft. They can be of almost any material: wood, stone, metal or even plastic. They require minimal skill to construct, so they are often the first (or even only) magical tool actually constructed by the magician personally. You can even maintain multiple wands for special uses. I have one that is used only for summoning/constructing servitors.

KatKinney
03-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Thank you daecon, I appreciate your perspective. :)