PDA

View Full Version : Black Sun Symbol

theos de novos
01-20-2010, 06:22 AM
I am trying to get to the bottom of this symbol. If anyone can help me with that it would be much appreciated. A heads up, I've already googled it and been to the sites. I looking for someone with actual esoteric knowledge on this symbol and it's roots. Thanks.

-theos de novos

Sara D
01-20-2010, 10:04 AM
The term Black Sun (German Schwarze Sonne), also referred to as the Sonnenrad (the German for "Sun Wheel"), is a symbol of esoteric or occult significance, notable for its usage in Nazi mysticism. Why would you want to use it and how do you think you will?

theos de novos
01-20-2010, 11:38 PM
I am familiar with the Nazi significance. I'm thinking it dates back before Nazism and perhaps has another meaning. I understand it is also used in Alchemy as the beginning stage. I study the occult and inquire into symbols, this is how I would use it, madam.

zero
01-21-2010, 02:26 AM
were as i did not know the reference before my research has turned up these, far more better than I can explain.

wiki alch. suns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suns_in_alchemy)

wiki nazi symbol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_%28occult_symbol%29)

holy grail for alchemyl (http://www.levity.com/alchemy/I-blksun.html)

Jarhog
01-22-2010, 09:20 PM
There is a book by Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke called black Sun that goes into detail about the black sun cult and Nazism. The other reference to the black sun that I know of is the zia symbol that is on the state flag of New Mexico. By the white mans reckoning it is only primitive man's way of representing the sun in the sky. To the tribes that use it it represents the 4 races that keep the knowledge of the ages, the 4 sacred mesas that they were brought to by the ant people after the cataclysm that ended the last age, the 4 directions where the elemental gods live, and the 4 winds that bring those elemental forces when they are called. Each of these sets of 4 things are bound and powered by the light of the black sun at the center of the galaxy. When it is used in ritual it is calling on all those forces in balance in order to keep things together until humans can get their act together and begin the next age.

theos de novos
01-22-2010, 11:02 PM
There is a book by Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke called black Sun that goes into detail about the black sun cult and Nazism. The other reference to the black sun that I know of is the zia symbol that is on the state flag of New Mexico. By the white mans reckoning it is only primitive man's way of representing the sun in the sky. To the tribes that use it it represents the 4 races that keep the knowledge of the ages, the 4 sacred mesas that they were brought to by the ant people after the cataclysm that ended the last age, the 4 directions where the elemental gods live, and the 4 winds that bring those elemental forces when they are called. Each of these sets of 4 things are bound and powered by the light of the black sun at the center of the galaxy. When it is used in ritual it is calling on all those forces in balance in order to keep things together until humans can get their act together and begin the next age.

Thanks. This is more along the lines of what I'm looking for.

devakxes
01-23-2010, 04:19 AM
The Black Sun Productions .... they used to be in touch with a homosexual sex cult ( maybe even WERE that cult).

I remember that the Black Sun had the alchemical reference, then the central sun significance which goes back to the germanic paganism .... this became related to Nazism because of the fact of how it predates christianity and the fact that christianity comes from judaism caused the Nazis to want some kind of acknowledgment of their paganic roots. Helena Blavatsky talks about races and gets some of her ideas mixed in with this.

On the Black Sun Productions website. They said that behind a lot of pictures involving '' gods of death'' there is a picture of the sun in the background.

The Native Americans also believed that when the sun would set it would be rising in the spirit world ( thus it would be the Black Sun).

In Alchemy it more or less was a symbol for the Prima Materia.

Ahrazura
01-30-2011, 11:54 AM
I think that the 'Bulgar cross' would be of interest here.

Ahrazura

Damiana
10-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Whilst the Black Sun symbol is extensively documented within the Alchymical tradition as Solus Nigrum or its alternative descriptions and the infamous nazi association via Himmler and his cohorts what may have been overlooked is that whilst these associations appear to have taken ownership of the symbol and what it represents there is to my knowledge another perspective.

It became known to me some time ago that a solitary individual employing the magickal engine of ritual and axiomata came upon a vast field of information and experience worthy of exploration. Those interested might look at the relation between Solus Noir and

The Avatars Samael and Lilith
Grigori and their role upon the earth at the end of days
Egregores or Selim, their creation and manifestation
The Black Sun, Black Light specific to the role of Samael
Prophecy specifically The Book Of Enoch

To mention a few areas of potential interest

The individual in question has in my opinion all but stumbled upon a path darkly and for two decades has explored and catalogued this unique understanding. A modern current couched in the archaic and yet rich in both vision and purpose.

Damiana

thunor
12-13-2011, 09:46 PM
The black sun was an integral part of Himmler's SS Symbolism, when you look at the symbol, it is actully comprised of four swastikas.

devakxes
12-15-2011, 11:32 PM
The Black Sun also relates to the Prima Materia in Alchemy.
Behind many of the Gods of Death - there is also a black sun. The reason for this is that it represented the Sun rising in the Otherworld. Although it also has its' classic germanic roots which connect it to the Spiritual Sun or the Source (who the germanic pagan tribes viewed as Wotan... who is different from the Norse Odin in that Wotan is also Dark and practices homosexual practices with Loki, as well as other shamanic practices).

Himmler took the symbol as a means of trying to recreate a germanic religion, which all he ended up unearthing was the exoteric - innargard herd religion.