PDA

View Full Version : Looking for information

Gunter
02-01-2010, 07:24 AM
Not sure if this is in the right section, if not please let me know.

Ok now that that's out of the way I have a slight question/problem? I'm in the mist of some research and can't seem to find any reliable information on spell creation through symbols. Not sigils mind you, but spells.

I know it sounds strange, since most people either write out long drawn out rhythms, or long use a form of Sigil Magick. And if their not doing that, their just sending out energy.

The only way I can explain this is I am attempting to make a casting circle for my summonings, but I'm also trying to personalize it just a bit. Mostly just to give myself a little bit of extra protection. Can never be to careful.

If this makes sense to anybody and you can send me on a decent path I would appreciate it...

Belphebe
02-01-2010, 10:15 AM
I use the symbol for the elements, and I have used astrological symbols when i have written my spells. It depends on what you want to accomplish. I have used the Rune for prosperity when I have done a money spell, it's up to you, there's no path.

Gunter
02-02-2010, 01:36 AM
I appreciate the help folks. This wasn't exactly what I was looking for but that's ok. I guess the only way I can describe what I'm working with is a Formula... very similar to a Mathematical equation.

And yes I know to some that might seem like a lot of work.

I guess a better example would be this here:

(E ∝ mv²)=((M)(T)+(W)/(S))/R

or other words...

(Kinetic Energy)=((Movement)(Time)+(Willpower)/(Storage))/Release

With symbols for each part, inscribed onto say a Ring or a pair of gloves...

zero
02-02-2010, 04:35 AM
I like your rhythm, for really everything can be reduced to a mathematical equation.

make a sigil(or a formula then the sigil/symbol) its intention can be worded then abbreviated and finally reduced to its prime, as well as the geometry and its meanings one could find depth in such readings(or perhaps to complicated). the equation is the answer, and the answer is the equation.

Gunter
02-02-2010, 04:48 AM
Thanks Zero...

Honestly I haven't found much use for it in Basic Low Magick, but in High Magick I think it could be extremely useful.

Right now I've been trying to come up with a number of equations for my circle. Trying to cover the basics... protection, bonding, plus something to help store just a bit of extra energy. And no this circle isn't going to be used for summoning... just containing energy when creating an artifact, and helping the item "power-up" easier.

zero
02-02-2010, 05:33 AM
symbols are always useful, they take a definition and compound it. its like taking a book and reducing it to one word and when reading that one word you have read the whole book.

so in low magic one could employ a symbol as the conduit of ones spells; the idea is for it to be seen by those to be effected(yourself or others).

Right now I've been trying to come up with a number of equations for my circle. Trying to cover the basics... protection, bonding, plus something to help store just a bit of extra energy. And no this circle isn't going to be used for summoning... just containing energy when creating an artifact, and helping the item "power-up" easier.

maybe your looking to consecrate something?...I know not of what you speak exactly.

Sara D
02-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Try John Dee's Monad. It covers all you are looking for.

ZeldaFitz
02-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Be sure the dimensions are right, other wise it is a no show, no work, no go.

Dajai
02-03-2010, 05:20 AM
A gift of witchcraft for you, which might prove more potent than focussing on the circle's raison d' etre...

If you are working under the sky; in the dirt the circle will be found already constructed with a long stick trailing behind the witch as it paces the perimeter. Of course the witch is delighted to find a circle formed through thought alone, without need to distract the mind any further.

Though this is not high magick, such can still be employed during the process once imagery and intent is under control.

Gunter
02-03-2010, 12:07 PM
A gift of witchcraft for you, which might prove more potent than focussing on the circle's raison d' etre...

Unfortunately I have never considered my self a Witch. The name itself tends to strip me of my own masculinity. But I do thank you for the advice.

Personally I have always needed a cross between Science and Magick. I have found over the years that with both I can do bigger and better. Maybe its the Alchemist in me just stretching his wings.

Also with the formulas I definitely don't expect them to be inscribed as I have shown them, that to me would still work, but I prefer a bit more of a focal point. Probably Enochian or Klingon for that matter... as long as it can focus my will then so be it. Plus they will need to be redefined reading back over it now my Math still seems ever so slightly off.

As for the rest of you, again thank you. Now I'm off to stand a Triangle on its end...

Dajai
02-04-2010, 02:58 AM
How about an infinity symbol held within a square -to use the mathematical formula to calculate the area of a circle -or trapped within a cubic prison for a sphere.

I've always related four pointed forms to deception; which could gift the nature of the circle. Though, there is a duality within a circle and a oneness within a sphere.

Maybe also consider what is being removed for something other to take it's place. There is separation/splitting occurring as well.

You've got a complex equation to work out here.