PDA

View Full Version : Unifying concepts

RainbowBridge
02-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Hello, fellow Occultists. I have a beginner's question. As you know, I am a great believer in the Norse gods and Norse rune magic. I know that Occultism deals with other entities from many religious systems, many of which probably have no link to Odinism. My question is, how can I unify my Odinist beliefs with Occult magic, believing in both at once?

Thank you all.
-RainbowBridge

zero
02-09-2010, 12:03 AM
the occult is not defined by beliefs and is an open slat for all of them.

odinic(did I just make a new word there?) magic is occult.

how can I unify my Odinist beliefs with Occult magic

there is no such thing as occult magic in of its self, take your beliefs and incorporate them into your magic. if you look at most spells and magic operations they are Christian, hebrew, hindu, tao, odinic, etc.. so I hope you get my meaning.

MrK
02-09-2010, 12:21 AM
A side note. There is actually no proof that rune magic ever was practiced in the old days. Only thing that might suggest they had a magical use is a part of the Poetic Edda where the magic of the runes are mentioned slightly. Thing is that it could just as well have meant that actually being able to write things were like magic.

This being said I am not saying that rune magic do not work. In fact I have had great results with binding runes.

MrK
02-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Ohh and to answer the original question. Only you can decide what defines your own belief and what it includes. As all people find out fast in occultism people seldom agree on anything. Everyone has an opinion on what is correct and what is not. Some are better supported by old traditions while some are totally wild and mixes traditions and new ideas.