PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between thiestic & spiritual satanism?

morningstar
02-16-2010, 05:46 PM
I thought they meant the same until I saw 2 different sub-forums here by those names.

devakxes
02-17-2010, 05:58 PM
From what I know... theistic satanism is the worship of satan. Spiritual satanism isn't necessarily always the worship of ''Satan''. It also tends to be left-hand path... dealing with self-deification... but working more with Satan as a force... as in the Order of the Trapezoid or The Order of Khnum or the Order of Nine Angles.

devakxes
02-17-2010, 06:02 PM
So where as in spiritual satanism, Satan is revered as a beneficent being
and worked with.. the individual self is still placed as equal to Him. Where as in theistic forms of satanism... satan is worshipped and one is said to try to follow his Will.

morningstar
02-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Thankyou. To cut it short, I'll take it as theistic satansim= satan is god & spiritual satanism= self is the god albeit satan is still worshipped but the self is placed equal to him.
Do you happen to know any specific rituals for spiritual satanism? Also, if you look at this invocation, would you call it spiritual or theistic satanism?
Invocation to Satan (http://theisticsatanism.com/invocation.html)
Of course, it would be hard to classify all rituals into either categories as they are not at all mutually exclusive.

satanictemple
04-15-2010, 09:32 PM
I thought they meant the same until I saw 2 different sub-forums here by those names.

Although the terms are often used interchangeably, the difference in my opinion is this: theistic Satanism is the worship of Satan as a god (theism meaning the belief in a god), whereas spiritual Satanism may propose that Satan is a spiritual being, but not necessarily worthy of worship. As for myself, I am a proud theistic Satanist. I love my Lord.

Hail Satan!