PDA

View Full Version : IOT Members

KatKinney
02-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Hello,
I have been reading about chaos magic for about three years now. I continue reading, and lately Ive been doing my best to practice Liber MMM. I was just doing some research online and I found out that there is a local group of the IOT in my area! According to their website they have a really high standard for applicants. I am eager to persue the opportunity to work with others, but I want to make sure that I am ready. Do any of you have any advice for me? I really appreciate the help.
Thank you. :o

Emma
02-27-2010, 05:22 PM
they have too much of a cult system going for them. too much bloody politics and crap.

Tanemis
02-27-2010, 09:26 PM
I find an order of chaos magick to be a bit of an oxymoron but thats just me.

ZeldaFitz
02-27-2010, 09:58 PM
I call chaos magick cartoon magick, but then again it is just me. Emma is right the IOT has such scandal connected to it, orders are dying and frankly it is better to go it alone.

KatKinney
02-28-2010, 04:55 AM
I found all of your replies to be very helpful. I was, at first, actually hesitant to attempt to join anything so official and structured due to the sheer inevitability of corruption. I just noticed that so many notable authors and occultists were part of some, if not many official magical orders. It just seemed like an important life experience for someone interested in this subject.
I can understand the irony of organizing chaos magic or any form of magic really as to its highly personal and abstract nature. I was originally more drawn to the idea of forming a small close network of friends to practice with. After reading your responses I feel that my first instinct was probably right, especially this day and age.
I deeply appreciate the opportunity to be part of a community like this, and learning from all of you. I want you all to know that your thoughts and opinions are invaluable to me, and I thank you for your time and thought.
Zelda, you seem very experienced, and intelligent on all subjects concerning the occult. I wonder why you consider chaos magic to be cartoon magic, Im afraid I don't understand what you mean. I was attracted to it because I wanted to acquire an understanding of the basic level on which magic works. Sort of like a scientific formula without any form of religious or spiritual belief system. Not to discount these belief systems, or their importance, but to really focus on magic itself, on a quantum level. I suppose I sort of wanted to understand the basis of how magic works, what it is, and how it relates to us. All magic, from ancient shamanism to the unintentional personal manipulation of reality due to organized religious prayer today. This is why chaos magic was appealing to me.
Zelda, if I may ask, from your experience, what form(s)/practices of magic do you find the most important/appealing and why?
Chaos magic is just what Ive been studying recently, I am highly open to all areas of magic and occult study. I am also very receptive to guidance and constructive criticism, so please let me know what you think. :)
Thank you

Tanemis
02-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Thats the most sincere appreciation I've seen on these forums in a while... especially to my useless sentences! =O

ZeldaFitz
02-28-2010, 10:50 AM
I found all of your replies to be very helpful. I was, at first, actually hesitant to attempt to join anything so official and structured due to the sheer inevitability of corruption. I just noticed that so many notable authors and occultists were part of some, if not many official magical orders. It just seemed like an important life experience for someone interested in this subject.
I can understand the irony of organizing chaos magic or any form of magic really as to its highly personal and abstract nature. I was originally more drawn to the idea of forming a small close network of friends to practice with. After reading your responses I feel that my first instinct was probably right, especially this day and age.
I deeply appreciate the opportunity to be part of a community like this, and learning from all of you. I want you all to know that your thoughts and opinions are invaluable to me, and I thank you for your time and thought.
Zelda, you seem very experienced, and intelligent on all subjects concerning the occult. I wonder why you consider chaos magic to be cartoon magic, Im afraid I don't understand what you mean. I was attracted to it because I wanted to acquire an understanding of the basic level on which magic works. Sort of like a scientific formula without any form of religious or spiritual belief system. Not to discount these belief systems, or their importance, but to really focus on magic itself, on a quantum level. I suppose I sort of wanted to understand the basis of how magic works, what it is, and how it relates to us. All magic, from ancient shamanism to the unintentional personal manipulation of reality due to organized religious prayer today. This is why chaos magic was appealing to me.
Zelda, if I may ask, from your experience, what form(s)/practices of magic do you find the most important/appealing and why?
Chaos magic is just what Ive been studying recently, I am highly open to all areas of magic and occult study. I am also very receptive to guidance and constructive criticism, so please let me know what you think. :)
Thank you

It is a good question, I have tried them all, and I mean all. I use to think that chaos magick should actually be making order out of chaos and a few of the old timers said that is the way it started, but not to insult any one, my goal is to build and preserve not destroy if I can help it. I am an Laveyan Satanist, and to me we are born not made, I am married to a Romany Gypsy and practice Gypsy Magick, and walk the LHP, so my advice is truly search your heart and find out what works for you, and see it through till it doesn't work anymore or you have outgrown it, and you will. Life is such a never ending journey and surprises are along the way, just don't ever lose yourself in the process.

KatKinney
03-02-2010, 02:12 AM
I most certainly agree with you about building and preserving Zelda! Thank you so much for the advice. Ive been meaning to read the satanic bible forever. Im constantly reminded of books I remember meaning to read almost every day! I can hardly read them as fast as I can order them! I once read a little about gypsy magic in this book called Spells Ceremonies and Magic. Its by this woman who is an anthropologist, I forget her name, but it was really interesting! Before I got into chaos magic I was reading mostly about folk magic, and before that paganism, but that was long long ago, in the before time, lol. :p

ZeldaFitz
03-02-2010, 09:59 AM
You are welcome, good luck.

KatKinney
03-06-2010, 05:21 AM
Thank you Zelda, and your sentences aren't useless Tanemis, you make a very good point. After all, reading the thoughts and feelings of my fellow occultists is very reason I why love to visit this forum! :p

ZeldaFitz
03-06-2010, 03:17 PM
I think that is one of the nicest things any one has ever said to me. Thank you Sis! Kat we are always here for you.

KatKinney
03-07-2010, 06:02 AM
Thank you so much Zelda, your the best. <3 :p