PDA

View Full Version : The Black Arts

Lady Dunsany
01-10-2009, 11:14 PM
When I was twelve years old my Father walked in my room and gave me a book. The Black Arts by Richard Cavendish. That book traveled with me all over the United States and Europe. Even though it was basically a informative book on what a Black Arts Magickian does there were two names that made an impression on me Crowley and Mathers. It was then I knew the amount of power one person could yield. I have since gone on many journeys and have changed my path but The Black Arts showed me that all things are possible and nothing is not. I give this book a eight out of ten only because I wish it could go on forever.

OneSixTheAntiVirus
01-11-2009, 02:53 AM
Not really, bro. :|

soloqi
01-11-2009, 03:43 AM
Here, here. The black Arts is one of those books that will always be in my collection, i however found it more as a reference book, still an informative read to anyone wanting to start out, or know alittle more.

I have just finished read Secret History of the world, Johnathan Blake. Its one of the few books i can truely say any 'smart person' should read. it gives deeper insight to some topics i am interested in.

redhand
01-12-2009, 01:00 AM
I remember this one from a long time ago.

Lady Dunsany
01-12-2009, 08:01 AM
I lost mine somewhere between Holland and Massachussets, and I know this sounds silly but my dog ate the last copy, so I had to buy another one.

redhand
01-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Your dog may have tried to digest the material in the book fully!ROFL Sorry couldn't help that one!LOL

Lady Dunsany
01-12-2009, 11:15 PM
They are acting a little bit more serious than they normally do. LOL.

redhand
01-12-2009, 11:32 PM
They are acting a little bit more serious than they normally do. LOL.I don't blame them!LOL

PerfectCell
01-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Where in Massachusetts :)

Lady Dunsany
01-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Where in Massachusetts :)

Dedham, Boston, and Cape Cod. One of my Grandmother's lived in Dedham and when we would go visit she would take us every where. Fell in love with the state.

unReality_Artist
02-10-2009, 03:22 AM
Lady Dunsany I've never heard of that book before, but it sounds interesting. I wonder if it's still in print?

Fr_CV
02-10-2009, 05:55 AM
It is still in print, i searched amazon for it :)

Lady Dunsany
02-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Lady Dunsany I've never heard of that book before, but it sounds interesting. I wonder if it's still in print?

Amazon has it and you could try Abe books and Alibris. There is a chapter in there about the Magickal battle between Crowley and Mathers which is one fascinating read. It shows you exactly how powerful these two were. The book can stand on it's own even to this day.

BlackShroud
12-24-2010, 02:02 PM
If you have a choice between the two editions of The Black Arts, go with the older one. The 40 year anniversary edition is rife with errors and cut some illustrated content.