PDA

View Full Version : Sigil theory

SWM
01-11-2009, 04:32 AM
I was wondering if I could effect a sigil much like a spam website like this:

charge up enough "hits" and something special happens. Think it could work?

Lady Dunsany
01-11-2009, 06:05 AM
What would be your end result?

isis
01-11-2009, 06:53 AM
i jest read what you wrote and man is that messed up.. i have naver done that to any of my bf and i am sorry to hear that has happend to you...

Lady Dunsany
01-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I was wondering if I could effect a sigil much like a spam website like this:

charge up enough "hits" and something special happens. Think it could work?

SWM had to get rid of the link can not have it on the forum. Please stick to the topic of the thread. Thank You.

SWM
01-11-2009, 05:28 PM
my bad, I was using it as an example. I got it in a spam email today, and thought to myself, "charge and charge and charge, yields small returns, and when a certain amount of charges is met, a bigger more lasting return is given."

Sorry about the link tho, I didn't mean to make it the focus. It was just an example.

I was thinking of a sigil that is charged by money. It passes hands and is associated with something, I don't know. Each time the bill passes hands the charge does something to the person, and they charge the money and *unlock* some new energy.

Each charge that the bill takes, is one step further to its end result, which is much more powerful than the little rewards. Sort of make sense?

PS isis, thats not my site, its just some spam thing I got and it sparked an idea.

Lady Dunsany
01-11-2009, 05:48 PM
I think it is a fine idea.

SWM
01-11-2009, 06:53 PM
in the corners maybe? really small.

I made some sigils for good luck on finals. I'm going to carve it into a fresh pencil and charge it while studying. Maybe separate sigils that when combined give the effect, rather than just one.

SWM
01-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Like in my protection circle, I use four names of god. I would use four key words, or four words that form a sentence which in turn grants power.

I used Saturn's 3*3 square for determining the sigils.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/Spencer_Moore/finalssigil.jpg

Logxi
01-11-2009, 07:12 PM
It sure works. Just look at what Jimmy Page did with Led Zeppelin and the four sigils on the cover their fourth album.

That idea about using it for school exams sounds great. Not sure if I understand what's being said here, but my idea would be to mark the testpaper with the sigil.

How would I go about doing this? Would just making and charging the sigil be enough? Or would I have to fire it off? Any ideas?

I have a full week of school exams coming up, starting Tuesday. Can't wait to try this out.

SWM
01-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Well, you have to charge a sigil for it to work properly. I would either carve it onto the pencil or write it on paper and tape it onto a pencil, if its too big. Charge the sigil with correct answers when studying and it will reinforce and even aid your test.

The problem with writing it on the test is that it won't be charged much, or at all. Its the same as a rabbits foot basicly.

Logxi
01-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeah I guess it would probably freak them out.

I was thinking more along the lines of some kind of subliminal communication, or as a friend called it 'smuggling sigils': those who'd see the sigil would do what the sigil was made to make them do. So in this case, the sigil would make the teacher aid me in my plans of evil and world domination, a.k.a. give me a good grade.

Lady Dunsany
01-11-2009, 07:40 PM
I did that with a psychology exam. I put the sigil on my arm and on my paper in the back. He never knew at all. Everyone was amazed I received the highest grade as the Psychology teacher and I were always arguing.

Logxi
01-11-2009, 07:46 PM
I did that with a psychology exam. I put the sigil on my arm and on my paper in the back. He never knew at all. Everyone was amazed I received the highest grade as the Psychology teacher and I were always arguing.

Could you please elaborate a bit on what went into doing this? Like, what was your statement of intent, how did you charge it, etc?

Lady Dunsany
01-11-2009, 07:59 PM
I hope I can remember it was a while ago. I wrote down Let me pass my psychology exam with an A. LMPMPEWAA. I put the letters together sideways upside down until I had the drawing I wanted. I stated my intent to the picture which charged the sigil. I thanked it and put it aside. I did this in the girls bathroom on my hand with magic marker after getting what I wanted on paper. When I sat down for the exam, I took the sigil put it under the exam and silently stated my intent. It was a three hour exam. As I was doing the exam I drew the sigil on the second page on the back charged it and pretended I was just thinking. The funny part about this is a week later I ran into my psychology teacher and he looked at me and asked me how long I had been practicing magick. I almost fainted, as he was into hermetics and Ceremonial Magick. So in reality I did not do anything as great as I thought. We kept in touch for a while but I heard he had passed away. The moral is sometimes it is better to study.

Lady Dunsany
01-11-2009, 09:09 PM
I tried the who me look. Actually I was speechless . A lesson learned but I still kept the grade. LOL.

SWM
01-11-2009, 11:32 PM
heh, my psych teacher would prolly freak if I drew anything on my paper.

I am going to use the pencil sigil though. I'll tell you if it works or not.

isis
01-12-2009, 08:40 PM
my bad, I was using it as an example. I got it in a spam email today, and thought to myself, "charge and charge and charge, yields small returns, and when a certain amount of charges is met, a bigger more lasting return is given."

Sorry about the link tho, I didn't mean to make it the focus. It was just an example.

I was thinking of a sigil that is charged by money. It passes hands and is associated with something, I don't know. Each time the bill passes hands the charge does something to the person, and they charge the money and *unlock* some new energy.

Each charge that the bill takes, is one step further to its end result, which is much more powerful than the little rewards. Sort of make sense?

PS isis, thats not my site, its just some spam thing I got and it sparked an idea.

sorry jest a reaction... it happend to a friend of mine once and happend to me once but i was i guess jest reacting to the sight but your plan sounds cool...

isis
01-12-2009, 08:52 PM
heh, my psych teacher would prolly freak if I drew anything on my paper.

I am going to use the pencil sigil though. I'll tell you if it works or not.

how would on go about making a sigil for an exame or test cause i have a lot comeing and i have alrady messed up on two of my test i jest wanted it for extra help i always study but cant seem to get an A no a test could you please let me know how to get one started.... think you my friend...

SWM
01-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Like in my protection circle, I use four names of god. I would use four key words, or four words that form a sentence which in turn grants power.

Quote for isis.

Lady Dunsany
01-12-2009, 10:23 PM
SWM this is really impressive. Good show.

isis
01-13-2009, 05:12 AM
Quote for isis.

think you my friend i guess i missed that when i sikmed the thread earlyer but it helps to ask questions... and i guess i am jest being a blond to today.

Lady Dunsany
01-13-2009, 10:10 AM
I was being a blonde the day before. We are allowed once in a while.

SWM
01-14-2009, 08:31 PM
By the way, These sigils are incorrect. I forgot a 3. I'll update when I have the chance.

Anyway, after I fixed that problem, guess what happened? I got an 89% in my history final! I'm still waiting for my maths, but I expect that to be very good. I used it first.

isis
01-18-2009, 05:09 AM
that sounds good iam going to try it so i can get help me pass my test i am going to need help to me remember what i study and to help me from freazing when it comes to tests...

isis
01-18-2009, 05:43 AM
I don't see why it wouldn't work. All you have to do, more or less, is get people to think about it. They don't have to understand it they just have to think about it. I have several hundred business cards with the sigil you see in my avatar printed on one side and the words "Wake Up!" on the other. I usually take about ten or so with me whenever I go somewhere and I leave them where people will find them. The entity that that sigil is linked to has grown quite fat and happy with all the extra juice he's been recieving.

The only caveat I can see is that with every new energy you get you run the risk of the intent being altered. Think of it like this; I push a ball along a flat featureless plain. So long as I continue to push the ball in one direction it will continue to go only in that direction. Now suppose someone else comes along and mid roll taps it to the left. The trajectory of the ball has now been altered. While I can correct for this, if I am aware, the more influences that act upon my ball the more difficulty I will have in maintaining the course. Once you put a sigil into "the wild" as it were it can grow beyond your control. This is fine if that is your intent, as it is with the sigil I display in my avatar, but for a margin of safety I would include a phrase, it need not be direct, that at least leads the mind to think along the lines of your intent.

this is cool and i get what you are saying and i would like to say that your avatar is cool looking...

isis
01-18-2009, 05:59 AM
that is cool and vary interesating

Y Ddraig Goch
01-18-2009, 07:53 AM
besides that u used sigils to cheat on ur exams i dont get any of this.... so i need a simple answers. how do u make a sigil and how to make it work ??? i am at university and i have like 7 exams in the week after the next. so i could use a bit help with them sigils. i sure want to pass like 4-5 of those exams. thankz yous.

Y Ddraig Goch
01-18-2009, 07:58 AM

ok now i get how to determine the sigils. how do i charge them up, and how to put them in use later on ???

Lady Dunsany
01-18-2009, 09:36 AM
My computer got a virus. My husband and I were working on it all night and the next morning. I lost everything and was desperate. I took a piece of paper wrote on it Please let my computer connect to the Internet and all viruses gone. I took the first letters of course from each sentence, and created my sigil. I stated my intent which charged the sigil, thank the sigil put it on my computer and walked away. Within ten minutes the system restore began to work on it's own and restored everything which enabled us to get the virus uninstalled. I have used numbers which I have turned into Hebrew letters, but that is when I take the time , this was an emergency.

Lady Dunsany
01-18-2009, 06:12 PM
I hope I am never that desperate to charge a sigil that way. I prefer a more simple method.

SWM
01-18-2009, 08:22 PM
I can sympathize with the masturbation and cutting aspect of charging, due to the "lifeblood" aspect as well as the raw tantric power of an orgasm.

As for the sigils I posted, PLEASE DON'T USE THEM. I forgot a letter/number and the sigil isn't complete. I'll post the link on where I learned this method. Its very simple.

</title> </head> <body bgcolor="#fdf5e6" text="#000000" link="#000000" alink="#556b2f" vlink="#ff0000"><script type="text/javascript" src="http://hb.lycos.com/hb.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ratings.lycos.com/ratings/lycos (http://www.angelfire.com/journal/cathbodua/Sigils/Sigils.html)
Magic square - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_square)

The wiki link is for the more advanced squares. I was too lazy to do the math, and I quick checked the wiki squares with a calculator. I'm also learning some Quabala, and its helping me along this sigil aspect.

Lady Dunsany
01-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Well I guess whatever works for each individual. For the simple one regarding the computer I used spit . I do not use sigils that much as I have my other means of achieving my ends, but for me they come in handy when I need a quick fix. I am always interested in all forms that is is being used by all.

DeusManifestoCarneus
01-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Personally I've never noticed any difference between a forgotten sigil and one that you concentrate and work on regularly.

I agree, I believe both varieties can be effective in spell-work depending on the working, and what seems appropriate for the occasion. Magicians and the like beget sigils from their desires (eg. intent), and after one is formed, the original statement ("I will pass this test with a high score") is forgotten because the sigil already reflects the message.

I once unintentionally formulated a sort of incubus-type thoughtform in my former years at college. The entity fed on obsessional thoughts of my first love, and the strong emotions I felt when my thoughts were upon him (extreme sadness, anger, lust/desire...we never had proper closure). So it was only appropriate for It to take on the shape of aforementioned ex. There was a point in my life when I would think of him every day (several times), and was forced to relive the heartache even years after I ended our contact. When I recognized the entity, I conceived a sigil to eliminate these thoughts, with intentions of ultimately destroying the phantom. I visualized my thought-erasing sigil every time my ex came to mind. Soon after, my obsession ceased, and I finally accepted the loss, but I no longer dwell on it as a loss. I credit the continual use of this particular self-created symbol to my success in this operation.

I believe every time a sigil or similar symbol is brought into focus it is automatically charged with the appropriate energy to affect reality. But sometimes it's nice to let go of it with the knowledge it's performing its task :D

isis
01-23-2009, 04:02 AM
i did as you said and i passed my final test with a 95 and i got a 92 on my CPR .... my teacher said that it is the first time that i got an A on my test and told me what ever i was doing and to keep it up.

thanks lady d and swm for the help on the sigil...

Lady Dunsany
01-23-2009, 05:20 AM
I am glad it worked out for you Isis. Congratulations.

isis
01-23-2009, 05:23 AM
thank you my friend

Y Ddraig Goch
01-25-2009, 10:02 AM
ok here it is

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg100/stoleto/sigil.jpg

i drawed the sigil. i stated my intent thanked it. i did spit on it as i've read it will channel my own energy into it. i made several of those. on a pieces of paper and put them inside the pen. the other 2 i draw them on the pen with marker. and the last one i draw on my left arm. now i have to charge them up. when i will start studying i will use the pen.

now what i am asking is, are there any mistakes in the process ? if there are please point them out so i can correct them. thank you

Alister
01-25-2009, 08:01 PM
I have some very powerful Spirit Iconology of Olympic Planetary Spirits. Is it a good idea to produce a pictorial Sigil incorporating a request for the aid of a Olympic Spirit? I'd kind of be afraid of ruining my Sigil's power or bringing myself into a dangerous situation.

SWM
01-25-2009, 08:25 PM
I have some very powerful Spirit Iconology of Olympic Planetary Spirits. Is it a good idea to produce a pictorial Sigil incorporating a request for the aid of a Olympic Spirit? I'd kind of be afraid of ruining my Sigil's power or bringing myself into a dangerous situation.

In some of Solomons circles, he depicted a scorpion and a man with a heavy beard instead of symbols. I can only presume that you can do whatever you want with a sigil. A simple (X) can be a sigil if you put enough intent into it. Charging isn't very complicated at all. I merely touch it and think of the purpose of intent. I use magic squares because I like them. You can devise any thing you want to. It all depends.