PDA

View Full Version : is Witchcraft Evil?

Exdeus
06-28-2008, 12:01 AM
i wanted to know if you classed Witchcraft with magic such as the black arts?

abecorvinus
06-28-2008, 12:06 AM
I dont, my wife is a pagan and im a christian and i have witnessed alot of what she does. And i dont think it is black magic.

Tobias
06-28-2008, 06:13 AM
Nay, there are many forms of witchcraft, those who take the left hand path, right hand path, or the middle path. It's all about how you practice your beliefs. Wicca is a peaceful practice of witchcraft that reveres the Earth as a source of peace and power. They abide the Wicca Rede, which states simply: "An it harm none, do as ye will." This meaning, if an action you take or choose not to take an action brings no one, including yourself, into harm, then it is a morally correct thing to do. If it doesn't, then you should not take that action or you should help to prevent someone else from taking that action. ^_^ Hope this helps, and if you want more info I'm sure I can either help you or find you more info and articles.

FilthyLilSecret6
06-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I dont, my wife is a pagan and im a christian and i have witnessed alot of what she does. And i dont think it is black magic.

I think it's great that for once someone who is a Christian doesn't immediately hate what others do and think it's wrong. We need more people like you in the world.

Tobias
06-28-2008, 07:37 PM
I agree with Filthy, lol. I dislike the fanatical Christians who bash your beliefs then try and convert you. I told this one later (who is my probation officer, lol) that I don't care what religion another person is, so long as they are happy with what they believe in, and that no one should have the right to dictate to others what religion is right or wrong. She told me my religion is flat out wrong and that is why I have so many bad things happening in my life. >_< Fuckin' bitch.

darkangel
06-29-2008, 12:47 AM
they're will be people who use witcraft for evil just as there are those that use it for good. Just as there is with people of any religion or position where they have power,but because the church disagrees with witchcraft and peoples ignorance witches have a very bad press. I was brought up as a catholic but converted to wicca. Sinc converting i've been called evil, devil worshipper etc. But I know wicca isnt evil and the people who want to judge me as that doesnt bother me anymore

blackxrose
06-29-2008, 01:05 AM
Yes and no. It depends on how the person practices it. It could be good or it could be evil. But all of it is not evil like most Europeans thought back in the day.

WretchedSpawn
06-29-2008, 04:10 PM
all depends on who witneses it and the reason to be honest i wouldent class it as bad no but have knowen people to use it for the wrong methods, jus all about who uses it and how others around you preceive it

Tobias
06-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Nay, it doesn't matter what others think of your magickal workings. It is all on a kharmic balancing scale, so to speak. Everyone has free will and what you use something for determines if the action taken with such knowledge is evil or good. The subject in question itself is not evil, it all depends on the intent behind it.

wickedchild
06-30-2008, 05:35 AM
I don't believe that magic itself is good or evil . It just is . Its a primal force . Its all how you use magic that determins how the spell will turn out .

Harlock
06-30-2008, 05:40 AM
well think of it like this, witchcraft is a tool, that can either be used for good or evil, or both its your choice, just keep in mind, anything you do will come back at you

darkangel
06-30-2008, 05:02 PM
withcraft if just energy - its how one uses that makes it good or evil. it's like asking are your hands good or bad because they help you and others but can also kill or harm others - all depends on how the person chooses to use it.

Alexandriac
06-30-2008, 05:37 PM
It's like any thing in ones life. It's the persons chose to choose if they use it for good or bad. Example Kitchen Knife. I use it to cut up food and herbs etc. Though others may stab some one with it. Is the kitchen knife bad or good? Just like the knife magic is a tool. It's not the tools fault that some one may use it for evil things it's the person who had used it.

~The Reverend Godless~
07-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Witchcraft as a whole, and yes even some Wicca magik can be used for negative means but to call it outright evil is ignorance!! All things have two sides, ppl have to look at both before labeling them..

dami0n
07-01-2008, 04:35 PM
i really believe that is depends on the person and their mind
but i believe all is in the name of goodness

antichrist superstar
07-02-2008, 02:38 AM
well, no, i mean, it can be USED as evil...but, the pen is mightier than the sword, and, that would mean a pen can hurt, or used as evil. well, lets think about it, would you call a pen evil?

sarafindreamreaver
07-05-2008, 07:48 PM
witch craft is only evil if u use it for such, like others said it can b used for what ever the person useing it wants, but as soem one else said remember it comes back to u so b sure if u really want to use it as a negative, cuz u could can get back worse than what u sent out.

aireth gemtis
07-06-2008, 11:52 AM
I agree with everyone else when they say that it depends on how you use it.

Gazeeboh
07-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Good and Evil are human constructs.
They don't exist, the universe is amoral.
Everything is natural and as such cannot judge itself as anything but.

If you label it evil, then it will be.
If you label it good, then it will be.
Whatever we think, is.

arsniclulliby
07-19-2008, 08:19 PM
In my opinion witchcraft is not inherently evil any more than any other tool could be looked at as inherently evil. Is a gun evil when used to hunt and provide food for a family? Again I suppose the answer to that is subjective and depends on your stance on killing animals for food, but like the majority of the population I eat meat and wouldn't consider such an act evil. Rather it is the intent and the end result in the use of the tool that would define the act itself rather than the tool as evil.

isis
07-28-2008, 11:30 PM
i dont thank so. and it all depends on how u use the teachings that u larnd.

8*bittersWeeT*8
07-29-2008, 06:21 PM
It depends on how you use it. You can use it to harm others but no it really isn't.

isis
08-02-2008, 11:15 PM
yes that is what i was trying to say

nautonnier
08-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Good and Evil are human constructs.
They don't exist, the universe is amoral.
Everything is natural and as such cannot judge itself as anything but.

If you label it evil, then it will be.
If you label it good, then it will be.
Whatever we think, is.

VERY TRUE!

everything is coloured by Perception and Conditioning!

natural..also....Means free.......free of All limits...
Death is Not death...but LIFE
judging ...attempts to conceptualise the inconcieveable
and Creates Simply...Veils

Lady Dunsany
10-19-2008, 07:14 PM
I was raised a witch in Folk Magic and I saw both sides of the spectrum so it all depends on how you use it, but witchcraft is not on the whole evil, it is the people who use it as such.

Aradia
04-10-2011, 10:12 PM
It's like any thing in ones life. It's the persons chose to choose if they use it for good or bad. Example Kitchen Knife. I use it to cut up food and herbs etc. Though others may stab some one with it. Is the kitchen knife bad or good? Just like the knife magic is a tool. It's not the tools fault that some one may use it for evil things it's the person who had used it.

This is what I tell people when they ask me if magick is evil.

Hot Tea
04-12-2011, 04:03 AM
I judge the various witchcraft practices I encounter based on how extreme or how taboo their practices seem to be based on cultural standards. When you look at it that way it's easy to see why one practice is considered better then another.