PDA

View Full Version : 666?

RainbowBridge
04-28-2010, 09:05 PM
This number is too popular. As such, all the info online is pop culture crap and more crap from supposed scientists with their meaningless little theories, so I'll just ask you all: Does the number 666 have any worthwhile meaning, or is it a bunch of crap?

-RB

Wolf
04-28-2010, 09:19 PM
It just goes good with heavy metal.
It was also discovered a few years ago that 666 was a mistranslation.
it's actually 616.

grim789
04-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Ok so little history lesson here 666 refers to the ruler nero ceaser he slaughtered thousands of christians so in the hebrew number system each letter pertains to a number and his name is the equivalent of 666 so this to the christians of the time was a great evil as you can imagine. It was kinda like a code and it stuck in the bible so his name him is the number of the beast in there times.

RainbowBridge
04-28-2010, 11:51 PM
So it has no occult meaning at all? And I also find it hard to believe that a man's name would translate into three of the same numbers.

-RB

Vir Sapiens
04-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Well in numerology every number has a significance and meaning. I'm not well versed enough to comment on those but, perhaps someone else here is?

zero
04-29-2010, 12:50 AM
in Agrippa's books it has to do with the magical squares where each row horizontal and vertical as well as cross equal the same anyways the number 666 has to do with the sun square. that is one occult application of the number.

grim789
04-29-2010, 02:16 AM
So it has no occult meaning at all? And I also find it hard to believe that a man's name would translate into three of the same numbers.

-RB

I beieve there is actually a video on the history channel on it look it up. Its very interesting if i can find a link i will be glad to send it to you just searc around reasearch it you will see what i mean.;)