PDA

View Full Version : Practical Sigil Magic

jaggednib
06-02-2010, 09:09 PM
I checked in the Occult Underground and I didn't find Practical Sigil Magic by Frater U.D. and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get it, ebooks are fine. I just don't want to pay $100 for a used copy.

Thanks!

kether322
06-03-2010, 01:54 AM
because my friend it is out of print,try ostan osmanspare who is the grand father of sigil magick also frater ud's new book high magic 1 has somethings on sigil magick also that are very interesting indeed!

zero
06-03-2010, 12:10 PM
out of print is fair game in my book. look at these vultures trying to get 100 bucks for the hard copy.

any way here (http://www.scribd.com/doc/6693220/Practical-Sigil-Magic-Frater-UD) or you could probably get a pdf from a torrent

sylas vael
12-29-2010, 10:22 PM
I checked in the Occult Underground and I didn't find Practical Sigil Magic by Frater U.D. and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get it, ebooks are fine. I just don't want to pay $100 for a used copy.

Thanks!

i have it in .pdf if you want it, while only 2 mb, it's too big for me to post here.
leave your email and i will send it to you....

i6j8jm9a495sv3pp
04-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Available here:
Documents matching "SIgil magic" | Scribd (http://www.scribd.com/search?query=SIgil+magic)

BalanceDragon
09-06-2011, 03:42 PM
I read it and wasn't that impressed. Squares for designing sigils can be found in many other grimoires and books on magic. That book definately isn't worth $100. I wouldn't pay $10 for it. Disappointing. Too modern. Too little written about the power of sigils or their true purpose.

Twilight Siren
09-16-2011, 04:12 AM
So, BalanceDragon, which book or text would you recommend then. I am curious :)

BalanceDragon
12-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Most of the ones I have enjoyed are actually books on talismanic magic, and mostly grimoires. Sloane #3824 contains many sigils and their instructions on the usage of them. This was written around the time of Shakespear, though it claims to originally come from a grimoire written in the 1400's. I guess it would depend of whetehr one is merely 'using' sigils, or 'creating' them. A created sigil will work, but only for yourself in most cases. Those that are indeed the essences of the spirits involved themselves are meant to be usable by any who have the knowledge and the power/will to do so. One of the best books about this is a Greek version (the earliest) of the Spirits of Salomon. Another is the Picatrix, but once again these are mentioned being used together with other elements of magic. Using sigils is a work of one's self in interaction with the spirit involved, and the best way really is just to roll up your sleeves and do it. The knowledge gained by interaction with the spirit is priceless and can't really be contained in any book. Faustian grimoires are filled with sigil magic, though this form has been considered most dangerous by many.