PDA

View Full Version : In need of a wand

Viné
07-20-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm looking to collect the materials I will need to begin my journey into spellcasting, I already have a nice athame, but I am in need of a wand. Any advice on what type of material It should be made of? Someone mentioned that a rod from a Rowan tree would be excellent.

What do you have/use?

http://geniuslocibc.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/rowanwand.jpg
Rowan Wand

Viné
07-26-2010, 05:41 AM
Went for a walk and found a rod of nice firm maple, very Canadian haha. Will post pictures when It is complete

devakxes
07-26-2010, 07:03 AM
In practicle use, I use a pen and dedicate it to the element of Air.
Wands are only used to direct energy and pens direct thoughts onto paper.

kether322
07-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Pewter & Crystal Wands made by Abby Willowroot at Ritual Magick (http://www.ritualmagick.net/wands-wr.html)

Shadow Weaver
07-27-2010, 07:29 AM
so there really is a such thing as a "magic wand"?

Well, there are wands which are used as ritual tools in caertain forms of magic, you're new to this aren't you.

BlackShroud
12-17-2010, 09:53 AM
I use an iron wand when working with martial currents, and a good friend of mine swears by holly.

Astral Eye
03-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Oak, rowan or maple for me, however elder and willow are good to

Peace Rain
03-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Well, I don't use a wand, this may sound dumb, but I do have a wand. It has a crystal at the end of it. If you want a image of it, just say. And I also use my index finger for casting and things.

Aradia
03-18-2011, 08:15 PM
I have a wand made of Willow. The Willow tree IS sacred to the Goddess. :)

Hot Tea
03-19-2011, 04:25 PM
A wand can be very personal, you should research some more and have fun picking out ones that have meaning for you. My advice is to use a hard wood and not wood from a sap bearing tree. And who says you can't have more than one?:) I have three that are special to me. My most prized is made from a branch of a tree at mt. St. Helens. It has two natural twists in it and has patches of black/burnt outer bark mixed with smooth white bark where it was stripped during the eruption. The second is from the root of a giant tree my family loved. We would visit it every other year and take pics of everyone holding hands and trying to wrap around it completely. We went back four years ago only to find that it had toppled over:( the roots were massive but shallow, they had great shapes too so I hunted for an interesting piece. we took one last pick with everyone sitting on top and we never went back.

Hot Tea
03-19-2011, 07:12 PM
^^^
I have never seen someone with a glass wand before, sounds like she was a great friend. Also I love the incorporation of grave dust, sounds like a wand with intent:)
My third wand is silver plated and I actually bought that one at a county fair from an awesome old man who was set up in a metal crafting booth. He wore a hat made out of a fox and told great stories

Hot Tea
03-19-2011, 08:26 PM
i made my own, but i do have a wand of all crystals and an amethyst, that one is very sacred to me.

Sounds lovely, any crystals in particular?