PDA

View Full Version : Can you do a reading for yourself?

QueenBeeBeeMarie
08-16-2010, 03:39 AM
I was told you are not supposed to read for yourself.Is that true?

QueenBeeBeeMarie
08-16-2010, 11:44 PM
Do you continue to use the book to interpret the cards or am I suppose to read them alone and not use the book?

QueenBeeBeeMarie
08-18-2010, 03:07 AM
Okay,I am still so new to this and just about everything to do with magic.So,I use the book and sometimes get confused on the answer.I guess that just improves with practice.

xxIlluministxx
07-17-2011, 07:16 PM
I was told you are not supposed to read for yourself.Is that true?

I was told the same by rather a few headstrong psychics and diviners. I did not heed their advice and my readings of myself have always been accurate. The trick is to divorce yourself from yourself; become blank. Without that, you draw your own energies into the reading which come complete with your personal bias and emotion, making the readings never fully accurate.

Do you continue to use the book to interpret the cards or am I suppose to read them alone and not use the book?

As for 'by the book'. I tossed 'the book' out years ago and never looked on it again.

Le Fay
08-28-2011, 08:13 AM
You can actually do self reflecting meditation on the cards to undertand your self and the cards better. Try not using the book and just let the card's images interact with eachother and then reflect on them. What is their purpose and hidden message behind them?
By the way which tarot deck do you use?
I use the Rider-Waite and practice the Kabbalah meditation with the cards.

EtuMalku
08-28-2011, 02:56 PM
As Le Fay has stated
You can actually do self reflecting meditation on the cards to understand your self, my belief is that the Tarot 'is' for Self Reflection and not for parlor tricks such as 'reading' the future of another.

Cartomancy presupposes the ability to 'see' into the future, which I don't believe for the most part. However, I do understand how Jung's archetypal imagery can come into play when using the Tarot for Self analysis and 'creating' a change in One's Self.

jontheseeker
07-13-2013, 06:56 AM
I've never heard or been told to not do a reading on yourself. Just remember don't ask a question you don't want the answer to. Hope this helps.

ODIN
08-02-2013, 11:57 AM
There's nothing wrong with doing a reading for yourself, but don't let your thoughts interfere with the results.