PDA

View Full Version : advice

Y Ddraig Goch
01-16-2009, 02:03 AM
i have been adviced by some of my friends to start with Psychic Self-Defence by Dion Fortune. is this book gonna be of any use or ??? i also have a copy of the english version of Dogme et Rituel de la Haute Magie ( Doctrine of Trancendental Magick). and since i am starter at occult stuff i would like your advice on getting the needed literature. if u ask what will my specialization will be i think it's White Magick and Gray Magick. feel free to tell me what is ur oppion or advice.

Lady Dunsany
01-16-2009, 04:20 AM
Yes Dion Fortune's Pyschic Self Defense is an excellent book to read. She teaches you about all the pitfalls you will encounter when you embark on the path of magick. It is a good addition to any library.

Y Ddraig Goch
01-16-2009, 05:05 AM
tnx for the advice lady d. anyway any literature for starters to recommend ?

Lady Dunsany
01-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Anything by Dion Fortune is excellent. If you are interested in white magic as that is a broad spectrum from ceremonial to witchcraft, there are quite a few out there. However if it is natural magick (Druidism) anything by John Michael Greer, Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig is good for a beginner, as it covers grey magick. Scott Cunningham and Raymond Buckland For Wicca. I hope this helps a bit.

Y Ddraig Goch
01-16-2009, 05:07 PM
thank you.

Odin
01-16-2009, 05:16 PM
depending on where you are in your studies and what you want to follow in magick a good start is with any thing Dionne Fortune Physic self defense is a real good starter

a good all around book for any level and every time you read the book or go over the chapter you will gain more insight !!

Lady Dunsany
01-16-2009, 05:19 PM
thank you.

You are most welcome.

Y Ddraig Goch
01-17-2009, 10:12 PM
while exploring the forums i stumbled upon a book named Modern Magick. is the author of this book Donald Michael Krieg ?

Lady Dunsany
01-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Yes it is.

The Cove
01-17-2009, 10:23 PM
An etymological dictionary is useful.

And a general reference book on correspondences - normally in table form - you can always make your own - or find them on the net.

Joseph Campbell - for perspective relative to relationship - he is a comparative mythologist. That field of reading is beneficient, in general.

My sense of humor is so dry it drips...

Like working with lego blocks - but this way - you build your own house.

Lady Dunsany
01-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Good advice. I liked Weebles Halloween house myself. I do not think anyone sense of humor is dryer than mine. It is so dry I am spitting cotton.

The Cove
01-17-2009, 10:43 PM
That's not Lego that would be Romper Room, you are off topic...

Lady Dunsany
01-17-2009, 10:45 PM
I am sorry will go back on topic. What is romper room?

The Cove
01-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Dry as fossilized ice patterns on a Saharan river bed...

The company that made Weebles Halloween House.

Lady Dunsany
01-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Well what do you know a new fact i can put in my diary tonight.

mallock
02-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Dion Fortune's Pyschic Self Defense is the best and for me the only book on Pyschic Self Defense most others (not all) are just "new age " fluffy bunny type occultism

Lady Dunsany
02-17-2009, 09:09 PM
The best book is right. No short cuts no bull just the plain truth. Everyone should have that book no matter what path they follow.