PDA

View Full Version : I am awake in my dreams...what next?

morningstar
09-19-2010, 12:04 AM
I tried this a few days back, something I read in a book "the art of dreaming", before sleeping I said to myself, "I intend to be fully aware when I enter the sleep state".
Consequently, I could feel awake while I was in my dream. I could feel my body on the bed while I was dreaming, my back against the bed surface. i also remembered that I have set up an alarm & it will ring after a few minutes.
I did this in all 3 times, not consecutively though, some days it would work, some days it wouldn't.

I had read in the book that while in dream state, I ought to look at an object for a few seconds than shift attention to other objects & so on (preferably 4 objects, in a loop like fashion). Usually all objects were blurry.

Today was the 4th day. This time I started trying to focus on objects ( i didn't try the loop thing as I had forgotten), they were blurry, everything was so blurry that the objects looked more like mirages, I was quite certain that nothing would happen but I tried once & I felt as if upon my deliberate gazing, the objects would become more disintegrated & hazy. I tried for a few seconds or about 3 times ( or could have been much more ) & then I could not believe it, I could see everything crystal clear, more than a Plasma TV, it was as clear as I can see on earth! It even felt real, the sensation of touch was also as real(as far as I remember). It was really simple dream, i walked in the bus, on the street etc. I am too tired, mire I will describe llater.

I think this was a dream & not an astral travel as I saw my art rubber & my frying pan in the dream. I also saw some people there I know, discounting the possibility that it was an astral travel.

Now, where do I go from here?
I will edit & add more details if need be, but thisis all I have now.

morningstar
09-19-2010, 12:40 AM
I would like to Astral travel.

Aradia
09-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Great advise, Soddex.

morningstar
09-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Thankyou Soddex, I will try that.

Aradia
09-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Thanks Angel!

Love that Wolf :)

You are most welcome. That is what I do.

And thank you for saying that you love my Wolf. :) I saw that and I could not resist it.

Mattu811
09-22-2010, 12:18 PM
hey is it possible to pull someone into astral traveling if they dont know how?

morningstar
09-26-2010, 07:30 AM
In the first 7-8 days I had 3-4 lucid dreams, now a week has passed but I haven't had a single lucid dream. Every time before sleeping, i still state my affirmation but for some reason, its not working. This is rather disappointing.

morningstar
10-13-2010, 01:01 PM
More than 3 weeks have passed since i had my last lucid cream, & still nothing... after the first week passed, I did quit trying for a while to make sure I wasn't trying too hard or 'lusting for results' & still nothing.

I reckon that magick isn't an exact science but I wonder why is something which was coming to me so easily has stopped completely.

Spencer455446
11-22-2010, 03:19 AM
Hey i try to astral project almost everyday i haven't done it yet but i get really relaxed and my body feels heavy also i have a fast heart beat and tingles but i still have trouble geting out of the body even if i try the rope technique. one time i tryed it and i was just about out of my body but then i just snaped back into it probibly because i thought about my body what can i do to getout and stay out long enough to travel

Spencer455446
11-22-2010, 03:21 AM
Also when i try i have kinda mini dreams that i can feel my back on the beed and my heartbeat but other than that nothing happens unless i really visualize i think its becasue i need to meditate and gain control of my mind so that it dosen't wander off or is this supposed to happen?

seekerofprophecies
03-04-2011, 11:54 PM
I think the reason you aren't getting there yet spencer is your heart is beating to fast and you are afraid. Also this isn't something to be messing around with lightly.

Tekmaj
04-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Indeed, your heart rate must fall and fall to the point it is as when someone is sleeping , u hardly see their stomack or anything move as they inhale... u must read on silky smooth breathing.

For lucid dreaming to be successful, u must be serious about the designated time u have made for it.. dont give up and go to sleep. and since ur mantra for ensuring u stay awake while u go to sleep then u must use other methods. i would suggest doing it on a night when u dont necessarily have to wake up at any time the next day.. when u have nothing of considerable concern for the next morning or whenever u practice ur lucid dreaming. and close ur eyes and peer into the darkness with ur mind made up ur going to do so all night long and not sleep.. just going to lay down with ur eyes closed - "Do not sleep!"

Pranachi
05-06-2011, 10:08 PM
I've been trying to become lucid too, i've been doing reality checks a few times a day for almost 2 weeks now. The only partial success i've had is this....a few nights ago in my dream i was walking down a street & something struck me as odd, i cant remember what it was but suddenly it occured to me that i was dreaming. Straight away i felt a rush of excitement & the dream began to fade, the realisation came to me that a rush of emotion or excitement upon becoming lucid could cause you to awake, i remembered it from some tips i had read on the subject. I managed to calm myself & the dream suddenly sharpened and became clear and solid again.

Here's my problem, and i cant figure out what went wrong. I wanted to fly, i tried to leap into the air but that didnt work, i tried to will myself into the air but that didnt work. Then something happened which i had never seen mentioned in any of the guides or tips i had read.....i slipped out of lucidity and back into a regular dream state. I remembered everything that had happened clearly when i woke up though.

Since that night i havent become lucid again & i still cant understand why i found it so difficult to alter my dream (failing to fly) and im totally baffled as to why i slipped out of my lucid state and back into a normal dream state. Does anyone have any insights into this? any ideas on what went wrong & how i improve the experience next time?

FraterCerno
05-08-2011, 04:38 AM
YOu are doing well - but you need to keep doing reality checks and remind yourself you are lucid over and over while you are lucid in the dream - or you will slip back into "free dreaming" - especially in the early days.

I look at my hands - and do so every 30 seconds at least. Focusing on one detail in the dream if you start to lose it always works - just wait for the dream to become "hyper real" - when all the colors brighten and sharpen.

The trouble is you are using the DILD method - whereby you are trying to realise you are dreaming while dreaming. Its very easy to slip back into free dreaming - even for those well practiced. This is why I learned to use the WILD method - its much harder to master - but once leaned then you can stay lucid for an hour or more as you entered the state directly from the waking state.

You are also a little impatient. When using the DILD method it takes time and is always a little hit and miss. At first you might find you only have 1 or 2 lucid episodes a month - and these will be all too short until you learn to master your emotions and focus on staying lucid.

The fact you had issues flying is the same issue. Experienced practicioners of LDing talk to levels of lucidity. The lowest level is what you are expereincing - you are aware you are dreaming but arent focused enough to stay lucid long or impose your will on the dream.

Just keep practicing. It took me 18 months to get from 1 or 2 low quality lucids a month to where I am now - which is at least 4-6 OOBEs and/or LDs whenever I decide to try.

By using Ceremonial Magic, WILD methods and Nooptrics I now succeed every night I decide to get "out and about"

I have been writing a series of articles on LDing for our local OTO magazine. I have also posted the articles on a few other forums I am a member of - they are based on my expereinces and what I learned works for me. If there is any interest then I will post them here also.

Morrigan
05-08-2011, 01:39 PM
hey is it possible to pull someone into astral traveling if they dont know how?

In theory it is. If they were asleep or very relaxed. But its not a good idea, it can be a shock to the system if your not prepared for it. Besides, its always better for a person to figure something like that out for themselves, rather than having it droped on their lap.