PDA

View Full Version : Pig Demon

Emrys Rezal
10-05-2010, 12:48 PM
I have been looking for a Judeo-Christian demon associated with the swine, possibly one who is said to take the form of a Pig-Man for example. I have always felt an affinity for the swine and wish to involve a Pig-like demon in my working, however all I have been able to find is a biblical verse describing Jesus incorcizing a legion of demons into a herd of pigs.

If anybody with a knowledge of Demons or middle eastern mythology could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

devakxes
10-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Legion would be good because he is considered to be countless. He also can command all of the lesser demons.

However a demon of Gluttony would work just as well, I assume. Although pig features aren't really something that demons typically have. They are not associated with Witchcraft so the christians didn't feel the need to add the features of a pig to demons.

Emrys Rezal
10-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Okay, thank you.

I assumed there would be a relatively well known pig demon, because of the Semitic views on the pig and the Boars religious significance amongst the Germanic and Teutonic Pagans, but I will look into legion

teeGee
10-07-2010, 09:32 AM
I have been looking for a Judeo-Christian demon associated with the swine, possibly one who is said to take the form of a Pig-Man for example. I have always felt an affinity for the swine and wish to involve a Pig-like demon in my working, however all I have been able to find is a biblical verse describing Jesus incorcizing a legion of demons into a herd of pigs.

If anybody with a knowledge of Demons or middle eastern mythology could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.
That the herd of swine was considered an appropriate home for the demons does give me pause.

Pigs must be kind of , well not the most elevated of life forms. What would a pig demon be like? Brutal , greedy , likes to wallow in ****, i think if you combine all those kinds of ideas and then use a power system you might then be able to invoke a pig demon.

Cartoon Character
06-26-2011, 06:03 AM
Well, there's always Zhu Bajie, the pig monster from the classic Chinese novel Journey to the West. I don't know that I would call him a "demon", but he was banished from the Celestial Realms to Earth by the Jade Emperor, so maybe that meets the criteria.

GaianGuy
06-26-2011, 10:51 PM
This thread title & subject matter are just such a tempting set-up for satirical, sarcastic, off-topic posting...struggling mightily to restrain myself :)

I can think of a Pig Demon, but it passed out of this life in May of 2007. Wouldn't recommend calling it up...

daecon
07-03-2011, 12:44 PM
It's not specifically Christian, but the British hobgoblin Raw-Head-and-Bloody-Bones is sometimes pictured as a giant humanoid feral boar. His legend (one of them) is that he was a domestic swine cursed by a witch as revenge against the farmer.

Cartoon Character
07-03-2011, 04:24 PM
It's not specifically Christian, but the British hobgoblin Raw-Head-and-Bloody-Bones is sometimes pictured as a giant humanoid feral boar. His legend (one of them) is that he was a domestic swine cursed by a witch as revenge against the farmer.

Yeah! Like RawHead Rex! I know, not the same thing, but what a wonderfully terrible movie. The short story is more tolerable. Old-school Clive Barker rules!

EtuMalku
07-03-2011, 07:03 PM
The Egyptians having noticed that the sow could eat its young (a form of auto-regulation dependent on the quantity of milk available) and had associated it with Nut swallowing the sun. Nevertheless, in spite of this, its legendary spitefulness and gluttony make it an animal also associated with Seth. Indeed, Seth, to steal and to devour the moon, the left eye of Horus (son of Osiris) would have changed into a black pig (Meeks et al., 1993 : 86).

Freyr Norse god (boar)
Ceridwin Celtic goddess (pig)
Henwen British goddess (pig)
Mala Liath Scottish goddess (pig)
Artemis Greek goddess (stag/boar/bear/dog/goat/bee)
Vajravrahi Vedic goddess (boar)

From The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage: Book III - THE NINTH CHAPTER.
O transform Animals into Men, and Men into Animals; etc.
To transform Men into Asses.
Into Stags or Deer.
Into Elephants.
Into Wild Boars.
Into Dogs.
Into Wolves.
Animals into Stones.

The Boar or Pig teaches spiritual strength, protection and the mysteries of nature. Aids in getting organized and solidifying changes. Shows self-reliance, independence and fearlessness in trials and tribulations, enduring and strong, shows how to protect your efforts. The Boar can teach power and respect in the balance of complacency and activity. Pig medicine can show the power of transformation and quick change of direction may be needed in different aspects of your life.

I hope this helps,
EM

Mr.Destiny
07-03-2011, 07:38 PM
what about Chozaz he was the pig demon god of atlantis, his followers would make pig skin masks and go about raiding villages and what not

EtuMalku
07-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Where is that written?

Cartoon Character
07-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Where is that written?

In the preceding post, of course! LOL! Thank you, thank you....I'll be here all week....

EtuMalku
07-03-2011, 10:28 PM
In the preceding post, of course! LOL! Thank you, thank you....I'll be here all week.... . . . Oink

Cartoon Character
07-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Yes, please. I just ate some pig, and I'm pretty sure he was a demon too. Quite tasty, though.

OccultMistress
08-05-2011, 07:13 AM
Demons or any spirit can take any form.

Sweet
10-03-2011, 06:41 PM
I have the body of a pig :mad:

Belasko
10-03-2011, 07:11 PM
I have the body of a pig :mad:
\
I fucking believe it.