PDA

View Full Version : I am here...

Neophyte
11-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi,

I am new to the forum. I have studied many different religions but only ever really practised Christianity. From my sudies I have learned that are so many different religions that there is no way I will ever be able to cover them all but I thought this forum may help me learn more about them. I am currently just starting some studies into the Golden Dawn. I am using a self-initiation book since I prefer not to be part of a group and since I am not near a temple. Anyone here a member of the Golden Dawn or something else similar?

Neophyte
11-06-2010, 05:06 PM
I answered this post elsewhere Neophyte.... rather synchronous as I've not been back here in many weeks.

If you have questions re GD you can email: [email protected]

Yes you did...nice to see you on this forum as well. I was asking around to see what others had to say. I am in no ways discreditting you opinion. I am simply looking for several opinions. Thanks for all the info you have supplied thus far though. I really do appreciate it!

Neophyte
11-06-2010, 05:07 PM
i am a member, and have been for five years.

Wonderful! I hope you can teach me a lot then! Are you a member of a temple or going the self-initiated route like I am. I have no local temple and even if I did I lack time with my job. Plus, they would speak Dutch locally anyway...and my Dutch is quite poor.

Neophyte
11-06-2010, 08:17 PM
i am a member of the OTO, and the French Order and know David Griffith. I would be happy to help you in any way. I have gone through the astral intitations and the physical, the astral is a trip, know that Anubis no matter what you attempt to do will eat your soul if you are are not sincere. If you would like i can give you my email.

Sure...an email adress would be wonderful. Also, who is Anubis? I remember him as a god of some religion. I assume he is Egyptain considering that most gods that the GD uses are. Also, why is the GD considered a Christian group when the only thing they have close to Christianity is Quabalah and that is not Christian but rather Judiasim? Sorry, maybe I am just completely ignorant. I have read much on the GD (as far as history is concerend) but I still have a lot...a whole lot to learn. I look forward to your email as well. Thanks!