PDA

View Full Version : Keeping a Balanced Mind

I-S-O-N
12-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Recently I became interested in the occult (specifically chaos magic) and I have read some information about it on some other sites.

The main caution was about the danger of Paranoia and Meglomania (according to boudicca.de)

I figured the best way to avoid these things is study along with chaos magic is teach myself a counter, like a hard science that is skeptical of the paranormal or logic.

What things do you do to counter and keep a balanced view in your studies?

Vermillion
12-15-2010, 08:37 PM
It's a little beyond me currently, but I was skimming a book that suggested taking up a little psychology to better understand and defend against such problems that might crop up. It seemed like a pretty good idea. So my suggestion would be to study into paranoia and megalomania themselves and know your (possible) enemy before they ever become your enemy.

I-S-O-N
12-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Thank you. Will do. However, I already reach a lot about psychology already. Do you have any other suggestions?

There is a difference between believing in magic and becoming a superstitious wreck. I rather avoid becoming the latter.

devakxes
12-17-2010, 05:22 AM
I think the best thing to do for paranoia is to learn psychic self-defense. Such as shielding, feeding, psionics, etc.

Megalomania is the hardest thing to combat. It is best to view everything objectively and with skepticism. Typically I go for rational and reasonable explanations before I start believing that something supernatural is happening. Supernatural things can cause normal events though but normally it is a string of events that happen out of no where.

Vermillion
12-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Thank you. Will do. However, I already reach a lot about psychology already. Do you have any other suggestions?

There is a difference between believing in magic and becoming a superstitious wreck. I rather avoid becoming the latter.

I'm afraid that's all I've got, but you seem pretty on the ball with it already.