PDA

View Full Version : Death Spells - Would you ever?

NyxRaven
12-23-2010, 04:19 AM
I'm asking, a bit like a survey here, if you ever would cast a spell to have one killed by some means. I know most of you fear karmic energies, but what if it got to a point where you feel like you're doing everyone else a favor by ridding the earth of this person. I've seen and read quite a few, but I don't have any enemies to an extent where I want them dead. I've read a documentary where some kid messed with the Necronomicon (not the Lovecraft one, the spellbook of that name) and his best friend got killed in a car crash right after.

I think it is completely black magick, not a hint of light in it to kill another human, animal, etc. I know that's not bad in ALL cases, but would you ever do such a thing. Simply, I want your input on Death magick.

If anyone has one to share, I'm up for that too.

Light
12-23-2010, 08:07 PM
At times, there are situations where a single person is so destructive that there might not be any other option left.
However , this can not be taken lightly ever, as it is a heavy burden to carry, if one has not resolved their own internal conflicts about it before hand.

NyxRaven
12-23-2010, 09:53 PM
At times, there are situations where a single person is so destructive that there might not be any other option left.
However , this can not be taken lightly ever, as it is a heavy burden to carry, if one has not resolved their own internal conflicts about it before hand.

Thank you for being the first constructive post. There's always a burden when you've taken a life, especially an innocent one. For those who believe in reincarnation, it is said to harm you in your next life. But what if it is a serial killer, and by killing him you save lives? Is it still unethical?

ArkhamQueen
12-23-2010, 10:18 PM
an answer to this question you will find in a part of the discussion about 'death penalty'

hell is the notion that not everything is relative

Light
12-24-2010, 05:09 AM
Thank you for being the first constructive post. There's always a burden when you've taken a life, especially an innocent one. For those who believe in reincarnation, it is said to harm you in your next life. But what if it is a serial killer, and by killing him you save lives? Is it still unethical?

What is unethical for one person, might not be for another. This is all subjective, as is the belief in Karma.
As for reincarnation, there are many ways to see it. Personally I believe one lives here and now and ones decisions are best to be made with this life in mind, rather than the next.
When I say a burden, a sociopath (the way they nowdays nicely use this term, rather than calling them psychopaths), will hardly carry a burden, as they are unable to feel remorse, empathy, sympathy, etc..this is why they are capable of these things.
As for others, it can mean eventually becoming physically very ill or emotinally collapsing.

RÊVE
12-24-2010, 07:44 AM
I'm asking, a bit like a survey here, if you ever would cast a spell to have one killed by some means. I know most of you fear karmic energies, but what if it got to a point where you feel like you're doing everyone else a favor by ridding the earth of this person. I've seen and read quite a few, but I don't have any enemies to an extent where I want them dead. I've read a documentary where some kid messed with the Necronomicon (not the Lovecraft one, the spellbook of that name) and his best friend got killed in a car crash right after.

I think it is completely black magick, not a hint of light in it to kill another human, animal, etc. I know that's not bad in ALL cases, but would you ever do such a thing. Simply, I want your input on Death magick.

If anyone has one to share, I'm up for that too.

If we ever would or ever did, we wouldn't discuss said topic on an open forum.

Light
12-25-2010, 12:13 AM
If we ever would or ever did, we wouldn't discuss said topic on an open forum.

This I believe is right for most of us here . So unfortunately, if you are looking for a straight out answear for this question/survey, there might not be any.

daecon
12-25-2010, 10:35 AM
The way to curse ethically is to work within karma, not in spite of it. It's assumed that death magic is reserved to be used against the truly evil. What you pray for, then, is that their crimes are exposed and they are brought to justice. This may include their death, but it doesn't automatically require it. A life in prison for a murderer or terrorist should satisfy just as well. (And end up just as fatal, since they're as mortal as the rest of us.)

Related to death magic, is war magic. It is completely ethical to cast spells to make yourself a more effective soldier, to protect friends or fellow coven members who are fighting, or to support your country's troops in battle. This is because even though the effect might be to hasten the death of your enemies, the intent is to protect your friends.

devakxes
01-07-2011, 01:32 AM
To do a death spell, you'd have to have the necessary anger to cause death. Otherwise, you'd have to call upon a malignant force to cause death or some sort of being that is connected to death (and even then, they might not do it).

The kind of anger you'd have to have in order to cause death would have to be anger that is stemmed from deep seated traumas, and even then most people react to their victimizers with ''How could you have done this to me?'' and fear and pain.

The best route is forgiveness.

AhronGaze
01-07-2011, 08:35 AM
I've read a documentary where some kid messed with the Necronomicon (not the Lovecraft one, the spellbook of that name) and his best friend got killed in a car crash right after.

Go ahead and try it. See what happens.

devakxes
01-07-2011, 07:37 PM
I own a copy of that. Most of those rituals require a massive amount of other trinkets (like silver with the deity's name engraved into it by your own hand, left in total darkness and wrapped in silk - then placed in the moon light every night in order to absorb the lunar energies of Sin-Nanna).

If he so happened to have called upon one of them, he probably didn't read all the warnings and other points of how to perform the rituals at the very back of the book. If anything, the spirit is probably not even the proper spirit he called forth from beyond the gates (There are so many stories of this occurring, it isn't even funny), because those formulas are very specific and tend to be very potent... don't forget calling upon those particular spirits at the proper time of the day, the specific days of the year, etc.

devakxes
01-08-2011, 02:36 AM
forgot to mention also that if this guy really did unleash one of them and didn't give the proper sacrifices... or used common sense (for example, most spirits if you unleash them aren't always going to want to go back to imprisonment.)

They may have sought to kill him or everyone in his life. Especially Xastur... she's quite a sadist.

NyxRaven
01-23-2011, 02:02 AM
Go ahead and try it. See what happens.

I'm not intending to do one, this was intended to be a more ethical discussion.

chestermccoy
03-07-2011, 09:41 PM
In short, yes I would. I will be honest, I am no believer in the Karma, but there are some hangups. I would never curse for revenge, not because i don't believe in revenge(quite the opposite), but because we are dealing with intangable forces. If I wanted to get back at some guy who stole my girlfriend, cast a curse, and he gets into a car accident, he isn't going to think "O man, I shouldn't have stolen that guy's girlfriend", which is what you want with revenge. You want to teach a lesson. The only times when I would advise casting a curse is when A.) your desire for revenge calls for the death of a human being, B.) you torment them with nightmares or something so they know it is you, or finally C.) because it's not personal, and you just want them gone. C is probably the hardest option, because it makes a supply of hatred difficult, but if you are sufficiently motivated, its probably the best reason for a curse.

Astral Eye
03-07-2011, 10:20 PM
I don't know, it depends on your target. If you act on behalf, of a greater good, then, well, I won't repeat the arguments for orvagainst that are all ready up here, but, when I once had to deal with a destructive sorccere who I'd been teaching what I knew, I used a form of black magick I found once in a book. Saddly, this ancient and powerful grimoire has since perished in a fire. The enchantment took 12 hours to place, and forced me to take to my bed for several days, but it bound the mind. It reduced the will, and prohibted certian types of thought. It called upon 54 different entities, from Larfor to Horus.

Cartoon Character
05-02-2011, 05:44 AM
Would you ever attack someone physically with the intent to kill, for whatever reason(s)? I think the answer to this question also answers the other.

KashakuTatsu
05-11-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm bad at broad-scheme ethical questions.....
Have I? Prefer not to say per laws of my path.
Would I? In a heart beat if provoked to that point, this goes for physically as well. Although physically would offer much more than just hatred release heh.
Would I feel bad? No, if the person pushed me there then I would be at peace with the idea they need to die/hexed/etc and they did it themselves.

thegoatgod_pan
09-14-2011, 02:20 AM
Death curses or madness curses can turn back on you, the same way positive spells can turn back at you--self directed negative emotions will draw a bit of the curse off, thus the "karmic" effect.

Conversely, if you really believe your cause is just, they will work just fine without affecting you (whether or not your curse is just is a matter for judgement).

Finally there are devices for avoiding any kind of rebound:Binding the curse into a gift is particularly effective since
A. in a karmic, symbolic exchange sense they still owe you (especially if the gift is something they want) curse and all, a cursed gift remains a gift

B. They willingly accepted a cursed object of their own accord. A variant of this is the long witchy practice of binding curses into knots on a piece of twice or a hairpin and leaving the focus on the targets doorstep, to be naturally picked up as curiosity.

Sweet
09-15-2011, 04:59 PM
I've studied black magic and there is nothing special,ethical,rewarding about it its not called black magic for nothing. Its an truly evil magic and to even consider it you have lost the battle. The only true way to defeat ur enemy is with love and kindness and if you can't comprehend how love works you are truly lost as a human being. But I will explain it to you for those who even consider useing black magic, as our souls, are eternal. Killing ur enemy you would still have an eternal soul still set out to destroy you. If you show love to ur enemy's they could learn to love you aswell thus defeating your enemy Permanently. Black magic and all its books need to be burned and forgotten just as other "true " evils need to be forgotten.

AlchemicEnchanter
09-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Personally, no. In my set of values I would never kill a person.

HOWEVER . . .

1) If there is ever a zombie apocalypse, heck yes, I'll be having one hell-of-a time.

2) If America ever ends up going Dictator or war-ravaged and it becomes a basis of 'defend your family and home' then yes.

Those are just some situations in which I would use them. Otherwise I would never use them in day to day life. So do I know any? Yes. For some reason (and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way) it makes me feel more secure to have an 'ace' in my pocket if you know what I mean. :)

The only thing that worries me, is that spells gain effect through practice and time, so because I know the spell doesn't necessarily mean it will be that effective. So then I would practice it, but again, not looking forward to that. Oh well. I'll just have to snipe zombie out-liers for the first few days of the zombie apoc. :D

Sweet
09-18-2011, 09:27 PM
I agree with your answer but I also, see error in it aswell "love" causes conflict aswell. It can be evil it can be good which makes it the perfect tool for humanity to grow off of. There is no education or knowledge to be gained within the books of black magic death rituals or spell's. Is killing ur enemy not yet still an emotional response? Your analytical mind never tells you to kill anyone because it see's no purpose in it unless it was for survival and that is face to face combat. Excuse me if I assume this but do you not study illumination and silencing the ego? Black magic is for slaves, the weak and cowards. I suppose for someone to become truly illuminated they must see it all. If this is what you choose then I can not judge or condemn you, atleast you know the consequence's of this type of magic unlike most who do giving it the nickname "fools.magic". I choose to keep my emotional responses alive because I was born with them, its easy to get rid of them and become cold and numb but you are disabled. However having control of ur emotional responses/"chemical reactions" is a greater power.

Iza
09-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Yeah that about does it. Work your ass off kiddies and waste your fucking time. If it's gonna happen it will.

Sweet
09-19-2011, 04:43 PM
I could not possibly disagree any more strongly with the first premise here. There is just as much (if not far more) knowledge to be gained within "black magic" and the like, if for no other reason than such things often force us to confront aspects of ourselves that we'd rather ignore in favor of sunshine and rainbows. On the second point, "Black Magic" is not for slaves, the weak, or cowards. This is a completely subjective viewpoint, and an inaccurate one at that. Try telling this to people living in impoverished conditions where the so-called authorities and government are your enemies. People often feel they have no recourse than to respond with such measures, and disagreeing in a more "civilized" or "kind" manner might well get you or your loved ones raped or killed. Beyond that, we don't know the situations influencing someone's life or their condition, so it's an arrogant assumption to make. It's no different than saying practitioners of so-called "White Magic" are all spineless cowards who are out of touch with reality, and their magic never works. Regarding the third point, emotional responses and chemical reactions have little to do with such things at the end of the day. Doing anything out of a brash emotional reaction to an external stimulus is foolish, and a "noble" healing can be far more destructive than a "malevolent" curse. Being "cold and numb" is also an emotional response, and I don't think these responses are all that easy to get rid of. That said, one's ethical code is their own business. By the way, Sweet, aren't you a Satanist?

Makes complete sense, and i value ur opnion aswell and it most certainly has changed mine a little. Yes, i am a satanist.

Sweet
09-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Not completly sure, i have a luciferian mind set and a diaboliscist view on good and evil as I was a former strong christian. So i just say, "satanist" both how christian's and other religions would view it.

Belasko
09-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Death Spells belong in a movie.

Belasko
09-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Down the fucking rabbit hole.

noxul
10-04-2011, 11:09 PM
In some traditions it states that if you kill an animal (ritually) you "bump" them up so to speak in an evolutionary way. First because they have served as the sacrifice for a "higher being" (and then consumed, of course, as a sacrament), and that will allow them to reincarnate on a higher "level". Maybe it works on an human level as well hehe.

redmonk
10-26-2011, 12:41 AM
It is very easy for any Initiate in Serpens Traditio or Soli Traditio to kill any profane person, and there are various methods of doing this.
But seriously no one willl share anything like that with anyone that asks for it, this is ARS NEFARIUM.

aaron556
10-26-2011, 05:18 PM
I don't understand why people get so hung up on adding sub terms to Magick to denote something.
There is no Black or White Magick, there is no Low or High Magick there just IS Magick.
Now that being said, there are different ways to achieve the same things but it's all personal preference and since Magick is the act of making reality change in conform with will (Can't skip over the laws of physics), but there are SYSTEMS of Magick.
Now one can be a Black or White Magickian, all dependent on how you use Magick.

Back to the question, I would but it depends on circumstances.
I don't believe in Karma but I do have a sense of morality which keeps me from going on murderous rampages.
The guys best friend dying was most likely not due to the Magick he was practicing, unless he had tons of emotion from past trauma caused by his best friend and wanted revenge but then again why would they be best friends if he did?

Jackal
10-26-2011, 05:46 PM
In some ways I agree, But in the way I view it, those terms define the "Method" and "Purpose" of the Magick used, NOT the magick itself. Plus some people just wanna chuck a label on things

redmonk
10-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Between this period Oct 28 to Nov 04 there is a gap in the link between worlds , and the practice of ANY magic specially with candles is very dangerous so I recomend not to do ANY magic or rituals between this period...

Jackal
10-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Uh huh sure
What backs this claim up? I practice something every day and the date isn't gonna stop me

Iza
10-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Between this period Oct 28 to Nov 04 there is a gap in the link between worlds , and the practice of ANY magic specially with candles is very dangerous so I recomend not to do ANY magic or rituals between this period...

Yeah right and i have a bridge to sell you. I go by no moon no dates and no BS and i have never had a problem. It's all in the mindset.

Dajai
01-04-2012, 01:24 AM
I think that Daecon raised some interesting points. The return of due karma is a fascinating business. As with most all things, belief is an important key point and not always initially for the one to whom karma is to be returned - or the initiator. I guess I am also looking at this from the perspective of red magick with an intent to bring about more than a sense of being cursed but a sense that death is coming. Believe that you're going to die for long enough and you might just get your wish. Stress is also another wonderful contributing factor.

Darius
01-04-2012, 06:48 PM
If necessary. There is a balance after all between life and death. Often, it is not necessary. Frankly, people learn more about the errors of their ways by suffering but not dying.

tavthe
01-25-2012, 04:41 PM
While this is true to some, it makes this period a more ideal time for magic. Tear down that "veil"!

NemnochAdore
02-08-2012, 08:10 AM
sure beats taking the legal rap for it.

NemnochAdore
02-08-2012, 08:15 AM
that just sounds like a way to ease guilt and shift the blame