PDA

View Full Version : found some ebooks that look serious

Y Ddraig Goch
01-18-2009, 01:08 AM
i got my hands on Theugria Goetia all 3 parts by S.L. "MacGregor" Matters and
Grimoirium Imperium by John Dee. and also some books by James George Frazer,
A.E. Waite. are those of any good ??? they seem to me like quite serious books. i need confirmation on that so i can read them after i learn how to protect myself and how to do the stuff that is described in them the right way. thankz.

Manbearpig
02-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Don't know for sure (who really knows these things?) but it is said that the Grimorium Imperium is a pseudo-grimoire and not really by John Dee. I have, however, heard that it can be quite dangerous and quite effective.

The other books come highly recommended. Goetic books, the Necronomicon, and other old grimoires hold a fascination that few other things in magick can provide, IMO. :D

Lady Dunsany
02-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I know John Dee supposedly learned the secrets but am not quite sure it is his works. Working with Goetia is not for a beginner or novice. I believe I have said this before just repeating their names can bring chaos down on you. I am sure there are ones here who probably can help you on this.

Harlock
02-01-2009, 09:19 PM
if John Dee did learn these secrets from elsewhere, becareful with it, for instance in my town, someone got a spell from one of his friends who got it from a spirit, well it was a curse...to be put on yourself...yeah that was a fun few days of figuring out a way to undo it for the poor 14 year old kid, slapped both of them for it too. (my town has more spiritual incidences than modesto has car thefts)

Lady Dunsany
02-01-2009, 09:26 PM
if John Dee did learn these secrets from elsewhere, becareful with it, for instance in my town, someone got a spell from one of his friends who got it from a spirit, well it was a curse...to be put on yourself...yeah that was a fun few days of figuring out a way to undo it for the poor 14 year old kid, slapped both of them for it too. (my town has more spiritual incidences than modesto has car thefts)

Listen to Harlock as he knows from where he speaks.

Manbearpig
02-02-2009, 05:24 PM
It is probably better to lay off the Dee material until one has mastered at least a couple of other traditions. Enochian magickians tend to label the Enochian "energies" as strangely alien, and it seems they have their own agenda. Tyson speculates that their purpose is to initiate "Apocalypse", however Poke Runyon likens working with them to "opening Pinhead's Puzzle Box" - something on the order of initiating one's own apocalypse.

Ventured into the system at one time, eventually watched my life turn to total crap and returned to other, more sane ways of exploring magick. Maybe I'll have another go at it sometime in the future.