PDA

View Full Version : Preparatory "Rites of Filth"

ChristopherRobin
01-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Sup my hoes. I'm going to share with you my "Rites of Filth" concept in the hopes that those who don't already use similar techniques in their magic might try it and that those who do might make suggestions.

MY summarized theory is that during a magical operation, since the goal is to straddle the border between the physical and the astral, anything that makes you more aware of your physical body should be eliminated (the reason for fasting for a time before an operation). The Rites of Filth is any set of practices designed to overload you physically and humiliate the ego, so that after the Rite is finished and you move on to the next phase in your operation your physical body and your ego will be less noticeable;the ego and awareness of the body are, in my experience, major barriers when it comes to accessing the astral realms.

Anyway, you probably know better than I what sorts of practices would be most effective for you. In the past I have used combinations of the following:
exhausting all physical energy through any sort of expendature; dancing, running, fighting, etc.
Demeaning oneself sexually
Any sexual activity preferably to repeated orgasm
Slathering oneself with filth
Lots and lots of screaming
Fasting (tried and true, yes?)
Extended periods of sleep deprivation

After performing your Rites it is best to bathe and meditate for a time to cleanse oneself physically and mentally. I have found that when used properly, using Rites of Filth has greatly improved the results of whatever operation it is that I am performing, regardless of its purpose.

Anyway let me know what you think.

devakxes
01-10-2011, 02:34 AM
This has already been explored by many magickal orders. It is the idea of coming in contact with one's Kia (consciousness-Will, Life-force). This is why during ritual there is a lot of actions done to ''build up energy''. I do still believe in energy, however, I think it is not only the energy but the state of being within ''sacred space'' that helps with this. The concept of casting a circle is supposed to be a quick way to come to that particular state of mind.

Inhibitory Mode - Excitatory Mode
Death posture, Sexual excitation,
Magical trance
Concentration
Emotional arousal
e.g., fear, anger,
and horror
Sleeplessness
Fasting
Exhaustion
Pain, torture
Flagellation
Dancing, drumming
Chanting
Gazing (as into water or a mirror. Divinatory features)
Right way of walking (The idea is to go and walk around in an area... maybe in a circle or up and down to the point you lose awareness of the area)
Hypnotic or
Trance inducing drugs
Excitatory or
disinhibitory
drugs,
Mild hallucinogens,
Forced over-breathing
Sensory deprivation Sensory overload

Light
01-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Thank you devakxes .