PDA

View Full Version : Healing Past Trauma?

shatteredpan
02-28-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any simple healing spells that work on the psyche. Some issues from my past have come up (abuse) and although I understand there is no 'cure-all', I would be interested in some help. I don't have many materials, really just the basics (incense, I think I have some garlic left, some blue, white, black, and red candles) and I'm broke, so it would need to be something that doesn't involve a lot of materials.

Thanks!

Light
02-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Healing trauma takes a lot of work, time and dedication, as it has affected the core of you.
A spell I believe would not be enough, to heal this. It might support you in the work that is ahead of you, but fixing , unfortunately there is no easy way around it.
Choosing to take the road of healing, will transform you to something more than you ever were. Difficult as it may be, you will gain clarity, strength and wisdom, that others that haven't been through abuse will never have.

shatteredpan
03-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Thank you for the advice. I am kinda looking for a spell to supplement the healing, but you’re right, one can’t rely on magick entirely. I think I’ll slow down and make sure I’m not doing that.

Dajai
03-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Whilst I would recommend working through this kind of trauma in a professional setting with a fully accredited counsellor or finding a friend who you feel might understand and be capable of listening without judgement or imparting guidance, there are visualisation techniques that might help.

The timing for such workings would be best when you are not dwelling on the subject - being that you can prove brave enough to approach out of choice, rather than compulsion or fixation. If you find that you are permanently in this condition, my initial suggestion might prove the best course of action at least for a while.

If you do naturally distance yourself from the past events, then you should be capable of working with visualisations. As I cannot judge your current condition, however, I will refrain from making any direct, personal suggestions.

Hopefully my suggestions here, combined with Light's advice, will give you some areas in which to search for further help.

Ahrazura
03-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Shatteredpan,
I agree with what has been said here but will add my own thoughts.
I am 48 and some 8 years ago I was brought back to when I was 10 years of age. I too was abused but my abusers were school health visitors. Back then kids of 10 were not as they are today, in fact we were just children and our world was a safe place.
When the paedophile thing started hitting the news I was sickened at the realisation that I too had been got at.
It does not bother me now because I took the only way I could out of the depression I sank into.
I put all the pain and hurt back on the individuals to blame.
I saw what they did as a sickness (not illness) and I was just an innocent victim. I spent most of my time thinking about how they had to live their lives knowing that they were low life sick scum and I was just one victim that was not the one who would catch them out, but some day a kid would. This is why I have never let my children go to a school medical without myself, wife or family member.
I am guessing that you have many feelings of hatred toward your abuser but when you are able try this.
In your mind think of all the 'Good' points about your abuser and then think how your good points are far better than each one of theirs.
Think that you only have to wait for your own guilt to ease but they have much more to loose when they are found out.
Work along these lines and you will start to see the person as a worthless pile of excrement on the evolutionary scale.
Then I hope that one day you will be able to look them in the eye and inside say to yourself "I am so much better than you because you are nothing more than a sick bully, a low life pile of crap and a person that will get hurt one day"
I don't think it will be long before you are laughing in their face.

Thanks for fielding your problem here but you are not me nor anyone else here so it would not be right for me or any to give a definitive answer as we are all different in mind, body and soul.

And I wish I could face the two women that did that to me but I guess they would be about 80 now.

My very best wishes for the future,
Ahrazura