PDA

View Full Version : Have you any idea how to summon Raiju

Astral Eye
03-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Does anybody have any idea how I might evoke Raiju, the thunder beast. He is a spirit that greatly interests me.

I tried my normal summoning procedure, but nothing happened. I tried it a couple of times again, but still nothing. I tried the same process with a thunder srite, and it worked, but Raiju still remains ellusive to me. I've tried it in the middle of a thunderstorm, and still nothing. If you couldhelp, it'd be great! ^_^

nixtus1
08-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Maybe having one of its distinct forms such as a cat, tanuki, monkey, or weasel. It was said that it appears in these common forms. I think a Cat would be your best guess. Please let me know if this helps.:):)

daecon
08-15-2011, 01:32 AM
I've tried it in the middle of a thunderstorm, and still nothing.

See, there's the problem. Storms make the raiju wild and uncontrollable. It should be summoned in fair weather.

BalanceDragon
08-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Before you summon anything you should 'court' the spirit; first by acknowledging it, then by leaving it offerings. Call upon it thrice in this way before calling it to ask anything of it, and most likely you will get a better response. Consider how you would react if someone you didn't know suddenly commanded your presence out of the blue. This may be humanizing the reaction of something that is not human, but even animals work better with humans when they know them.
Good luck.

frater apotheosis
09-19-2011, 03:59 AM
Does anybody have any idea how I might evoke Raiju, the thunder beast. He is a spirit that greatly interests me.

I tried my normal summoning procedure, but nothing happened. I tried it a couple of times again, but still nothing. I tried the same process with a thunder srite, and it worked, but Raiju still remains ellusive to me. I've tried it in the middle of a thunderstorm, and still nothing. If you couldhelp, it'd be great! ^_^

What is the extent of your knowledge and understanding of evocation and it's processes? Also, are you trying to evoke the being to visible appearance? If not, what will qualify as a successful ritual for you? What is your method of evoking this being?

Right now, the way way you asked has left me with more questions than answers. I can't tell you what you did wrong if I don't know what you did at all.

Sweet
09-27-2011, 05:00 PM
How would you feel, if someone kept ringing ur doorbell while ur trying to sleep. I would open the door and shoot the fucker.

words of advice~

Iza
09-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Fa La La La La La La La La!

Lothfavnir
10-20-2011, 01:22 AM
As Raiden will promptly shoot bolts of lightening on where Rajiu is located when he wants thunder and lightening, it is important not to be the yorimashi, the posessed. Remember this is the old religion where trances and talking with spirits come in because you require a some connection between nature and you because it is animistic. So, instead of being a medium you should have a yorishiro capable of making the god comfortable, an idol that the god can inhabit. You can actually place the yourishiro in a shrine, a small house, a hokora. Having a shrine makes it easier to give offerings to gods. That can make your connection better with time and dedication. Perhaps you should try hooking up with some shintoists in your area? Or do a trip to Japan?

Lothfavnir
10-20-2011, 11:58 AM
This might be a bit dark to consider, but perhaps activating the yorishi where somebody has died from being stuck down by lightening. Because the veil between here and the realm you seek might be thinner at those locations. There might be many dangers involved with such a strategy. If I were to cast blessings like that, I would do two spells. One spell to send the human spirit to rest, and one to summon Rajiu. I would not want both those spirits arguing inside the yorishi, that could turn bad. Be careful to not give the soul of the deceased to the god, because then the god might get more hungry. That could end badly. Also, give generous offerings to Raiju. After the yorishi is inhabited, you will have to treat it as a magical item. A holy item that deserves respect, it would be sacred. Sacred is another word for "Humans be careful, or you'll have to face the wrath of the gods." Sacred items that are desecrated can do stuff. And, don't make me regret giving this advice, be responsible. And remember that this god likes to hide inside humans, and Raiden will throw bolts of lightening after the unfortunate ones. So, you have to have some kind of protection while doing this.

Astral Eye
10-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Thank you for all your help. For those who said said I should shoot the mother fucker, well I must admitt that shooting the only one who can actually tell me the truth about what happened, this dosn't help really. I have found a good solution. My room was protected against lightning, a=so it repelled him from the room. I am going to invoke him at samhain.