PDA

View Full Version : The Art of Crystallomancy

Saeiane
01-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Crystallomancy (Crystal gazing, Scrying) is a beautiful practice that uses a crystal to sharpen a persons mental and psychic energies to see things in the past, present or future.

Scrying comes from the Old English word descry meaning "to make out dimly" or "to reveal." Adding the prefix/suffix 'be' (often 'gye' in Germanic languages), gives us the modern word 'describe'.
Although Scrying takes on many forms, from looking into a pool of water, or a mirror to sitting on a lake side, watching patterns emerge in the waves. Crystallomancy is a more refined art. The energies of the crystal resonate with the energies of the reader (usually a clairvoyant or other type of psychically gifted person) there are many ways to charge, cleanse and keep a crystal ball. Most people will recommend buying it in person, and steeping it in moon light overnight or during a period of a full moon cycle. And storing it away, covered with a black cloth when not in use. Though these methods are not always necessary. Many people steep them in sunlight, or both, and keep them displayed out on their tables or altars to disperse the crystal's energy throughout the room.

The methods of crystal gazing also differ, some may just stare for hours on end in low lighting, while others open their third eyes and actively seek out their quarry. The main baseline is that you get into a lower brainwave state, becoming more susceptible to psychic vision and as you gaze you may see the pictures show up on the surface of the crystal, or in the holograms created by inclusions. But no matter the process. The possibilities are always limitless.

I alone have used crystallomancy to view things in the present, transfer energy, create gateways, find and see people, see things in the future and find information from the akashic records. Crystals have their own frequencies that are what subtly draw the gazer to the right crystal. I've been using a beautiful Citrine for quite some time now, it has three "spacial" inclusions, that are actually interesting because it looks like it's divided into three worlds. The shamanic "upper" "middle" and "lower" worlds.

So as with any tool in your occult studies, when choosing a crystal ball; go with what calls to you and what feels correct, and have fun with it. You'll get better results ;p

S33k3R
01-20-2009, 08:54 AM
I've always wanted to really "get" crystal gazing...never really succeeded though.

I do however use my little crystal ball in a focusing and cleansing ritual before I do any "work". Basically I light a candle and place it behind the crystal ball, then I stare at the candle through the crystal...I think of it as running my consciousness through the crystal to the flame. Its really relaxing and helps me focus.

I have yet to see ant images or anything...but the crystal has flaws and patterns inside it and it always gives me the feeling that I'm looking into a miniature cosmos.

Saeiane
01-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Interesting, when I gaze. I actively open my third eye and I gaze 'through' it. Ask my question or state what I wish to see and wait for it to appear. It helps sometimes if I visualize a gray mist parting in the citrine (the color of my crystal helps to do that too lol it's a sort of yellowish white/gray. Very pretty)

Saeiane
01-21-2009, 07:12 AM
Aye, I've developed a tool-free technique as well. Based off my experimentation with remote viewing. I create a Psychic Window, use it to access the ether. Tap into the Akashic Records and ferret out the information I need. It's an interesting process because I have to project my mental consciousness on to the screen. But very, very accurate. I originally got my crystal ball just to see how they worked. But it has become an invaluable piece of equipment.

Saeiane
01-22-2009, 03:39 AM
Seems so, interesting. I use three of my psychic hot spots (palms and third eye chakra) to mass the energy of the 'window' then I 'push' it into the ether and turn it clockwise to access. I can even use it to find a person (usually the questioner) and then from their mental highway I can find people they know. I use this method for questions like "what turn will my friendship with *soandso* take?" If I don't know the "Soandso"

I love techniques that can be used multiple ways [:

Reinga
01-22-2009, 06:16 PM
I'v always wanted a crystal ball but never been able to find a good one and I don't know of any newage/occult stores near me.

Saeiane
01-23-2009, 02:07 AM
I'v always wanted a crystal ball but never been able to find a good one and I don't know of any newage/occult stores near me.

Actually, I didn't find mine at an occult shop [: you can find a beautiful one at any normal quarry or other stone shop. I got mine at the "Stone Age Quarry" in Virginia City N.V. Or you could use a polished gemstone (it doesn't need to be circular but it is traditional) I mean, you could use a small plate with quartz spread out over it and a bit of water. They sparkle like shards of ice in the light, so beautiful.

Reinga
01-23-2009, 06:04 PM
See you live in the North of England. Visit any BMS festivals Large or Small and you'll be overwhelmed with the choice of crystal balls. Where in the North are you, may be able to point you in the right direction.
Could google North Star Promotions, they are based in the North of the UK

At the moment Sheffield, origionaly from Cumbria though.

isis
01-23-2009, 09:41 PM
i have a crystal ball but have not used it yet it is green and has the world printed on it....

Saeiane
01-23-2009, 11:58 PM
i have a crystal ball but have not used it yet it is green and has the world printed on it....

sounds very nice, but a good example of the different kinds of crystal balls.

Kevieee
01-31-2009, 03:40 AM
why does Crystal Gazing have to be a sphere ? I have a clear quarts and i love it to death. Why cant i use that to see?

daecon
01-31-2009, 04:57 AM
The crystal doesn't have to be a sphere. All that is necessary for scrying is that the medium be reflective and visually neutral, either clear or dark. The reflectivity is to induce a light hypnotic state in order to free the psychic mind, and the neutrality is so the appearance of the medium itself is not distracting. This is why you can use a black mirror for scrying, but not an ordinary silver backed one.

Aurum
01-31-2009, 09:34 AM
The centre of the sphere is a gateway into the spiritual worlds. Things can play out in the spiritual worlds before they incarnate and manifest on Earth.

Odin
01-31-2009, 09:52 AM
why does Crystal Gazing have to be a sphere ? I have a clear quarts and i love it to death. Why cant i use that to see?

it doesn't have to be a sphere you look into the facet of the crystal

this is going to be hard to explain if you hold the crystal to the light and look at the facets turning slightly watching the light reflect off the facet see if you can see triangles on the facet.

if you don't see anything don't worry check every once in a while after you use the crystal they sometimes just appear first one then many

while sitting in meditation with the crystal these triangle ( triangles ) will give you information

and some time latter after you get more accustomed with the crystal I sure the folks here will give information on how to program the different crystals

Kevieee
01-31-2009, 09:55 AM
Like i said earlier. I love my clear crystal quarts to death. Now the Crystal is a double terminated quartz. Would it be possible for my crystal to be a pendulem/crystal wand for scaring ?? If i can make it a pendulem, how would i make it ?? just a string ?? or does my pendulum have to be in proportion. Because there is a baby quarts sticking out.

Odin
01-31-2009, 03:37 PM
people think that the bigger the crystal the more powerful the crystal is, this is not necessarily true but there is a serious affliction that comes with crystals
and this is it once you get one you want more

depending on what direction you go with the crystals from scrying to healing work you will want different crystals for different uses

Saeiane
01-31-2009, 11:42 PM
Like i said earlier. I love my clear crystal quarts to death. Now the Crystal is a double terminated quartz. Would it be possible for my crystal to be a pendulem/crystal wand for scaring ?? If i can make it a pendulem, how would i make it ?? just a string ?? or does my pendulum have to be in proportion. Because there is a baby quarts sticking out.

you could make it into a pendulum many ways, the most basic would be just attaching a string to it some how, one of the more harder would be putting some metalworking on top of it to attach a nice chain or string. Etc.
And you could add it to a wand for scrying and it will amplify the power of the wand largely.

xxloveboundxx
05-10-2009, 04:21 AM
scrying is very effective for me, though i use natural crystals that i search for myself, me and my mate both have one from the same stone. Though most of the time i carry it with my i actually perfer the window method as youd call it. though i work to control my energies to create a link between me and the person im seeing for, youd be surprised at how effective it is.

Belphebe
08-27-2009, 08:59 AM
I like the window method.

Fr_CV
08-27-2009, 07:47 PM
I can't seem to put my finger on it, but for some reason this reeks new age.

I have no idea why. Akashic "records", remote viewing, and so on.

But hey, i'm just a n00b anyways.

ZeldaFitz
08-27-2009, 08:28 PM
I am not a noob? but yes new age and it is frightening.

Fr_CV
08-27-2009, 11:45 PM
I am not a noob? but yes new age and it is frightening.
I had one guy who thought an out of place pebble in his house created "frustrated"energy so he had to crush it to remove the energy from the house. He could of just put it outside.

And in any case, i dont think all items have a vibration. The vibration comes from you. If not, you can use any crystal, even one covered in ****.

Actually, same thing with tarot cards. i bought my own and one person said they wouldnt work. I did a reading fro them and they said "you're just one exception" Yeah, right.

LVX,
Frater LeL

Obsidian_Ice
05-21-2010, 11:55 PM
I have a question...
I have an Obsidian mirror. Normally I use it, no issues. But normaly I use it in a well lit room with direct sunlight.
I desided to try and see if it "acts" different if I sealed it off and placed it in a dark room and used candles. I noticed very quickly that its chi (for a lack of a better word) got very agressive. Personally I found it too hard to work with due to the change and I moved it back to where I normally use it.

I just want to know is that my mind messing with me or can a stone have "preferance" in location?

daecon
05-22-2010, 03:03 AM
I have a question...
I have an Obsidian mirror. Normally I use it, no issues. But normally I use it in a well lit room with direct sunlight.
I decided to try and see if it "acts" different if I sealed it off and placed it in a dark room and used candles. I noticed very quickly that its chi (for a lack of a better word) got very aggressive. Personally I found it too hard to work with due to the change and I moved it back to where I normally use it.

I just want to know is that my mind messing with me or can a stone have "preference" in location?

Yes and yes.

The actual mechanism for scrying is to induce a light hypnotic trance by focusing on the reflections in the specularum. This helps the viewer to relax and lets her mind wander. The result is really just an ordinary daydream. The magic part comes in when the viewer examines the daydream for hidden meanings and symbols. Because the whole experience is highly subjective and deliberately designed to access the unconscious mind, it is greatly dependent on the physical environment and state of mind of the viewer. Yes, your mind is messing with you. You asked it to.

On the other hand, even ordinary tools can develop "personality." Tools used for magic, even more so. There's even a class of monster in Japanese mythology called the tsukumogami that are household objects (shoes, teapots, umbrellas etc.) that gain a motive spirit after 100 years of use. It's quite possible that your scrying mirror has developed a "preference" for certain surroundings.

jontheseeker
07-13-2013, 06:59 AM
I've certainly noticed that no two people are alike. What works for one person won't necessarily work for another, and as far as I am concerned I agree with you that when it comes to gazing that one should really go with what feels right to them.