PDA

View Full Version : An introduction

ShadowCrest
03-09-2011, 08:09 AM
I'm pretty new to this. I used to be a christian, and unlike many people, I actually read the bible every day, reading it from cover to cover and then some. I even read some of the apocrypha before I "fell away" along with finding the original Greek and Hebrew translations to get a better grasp of the context. I was supposed to do "Great works of the living God" according to so-called prophets and blah blah blah. I'm mentioning this to A. Give a little background and B. Help you understand where I am now. A bit over a year ago I decided to leave the church and find God for myself. After a while, I began to see that my church, and many others were full of hypocrites trying to lead others in a "holy" life when they couldn't even live by their own standards. And the more I looked into the scriptures, the more contradictions and hypocrisies I found within this "infallible" word. Along with that, I've been very in tune with the spiritual world long before I became a christian/fell away, but most religious freaks told me it was demonic grounds I was messing with. Fine, I said to myself. Obviously the devil has much more of an interest in me than your god, so I'm going to achieve everything I was made to achieve and more. Lucifer knew what he was doing when he challenged god, so now I follow my fellow brother in pursuit of the real truth.

Astral Eye
03-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi. Personally I worship no God, but I was brought up Christian. I might be able to help with some stuff for you, but I am not a Satanist. I consider myself at a religious nuetral. and welcome once again.

Light
03-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Welcome..:)

Aradia
03-09-2011, 10:53 PM
I think that is wonderful that you read the Bible everyday. Not many people can say that. Welcome to Occult Forums, by the way. If you have any questions, please, feel free to ask.

GraveyardSlut
03-10-2011, 09:25 PM
I understand you how is to be brought up in Catholic religion. I was so into all that, singing in choir, reading the bible, teaching children, praying... and then I started to study at faculty where I have chosen sociology for my major...I have never been in church since then, except for cultural reasons (paintings, sculptures, architecture).

So welcome :)

Cartoon Character
03-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Hey yo. Welcome to OF.

devakxes
03-22-2011, 05:16 AM
I think the idea of christianity in the eyes of Jesus was meant to be a spiritual discipline which would help people attain communion with their higher self... and thus be able to influence their lives (when really they thought it was the holy spirit). It was very effective when the majority of the world was Pagan and believed that they should just follow every impulse that flows through their psyche. However, the Vatican came into being and decided to make it all about control by dictating what is ''moral.''

I welcome thee, stranger. Hopefully we can help you find what you need to Come Into Being.