PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia.

amazingxzen
03-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Well, I've been losing sleep once again after mounds of sleeps hours. The past three weeks, I've been in my bed for hours, wide awake in my bed with no hopes of sleep.

March 7th: 1 hour of sleep
Mar. 8-11: 3 days of no sleep
Mar. 12: 2 hours of sleep
Mar. 13-15: 2 days of no sleep.
Mar. 16: 30 minutes of sleep.
Mar. 17-19: 2 days of no sleep.
Mar. 20: 3 hours of sleep.
Mar. 21: 2 hours of sleep.

And even when I do wake up at whatever time, I'll still be laying there with my eyes shut, yet wide awake and nearly impossible for me to go to sleep.

When I thought my insomniac streak was over, all hopes have vanished. Anybody else have insomnia?

Light
03-21-2011, 08:29 PM
How long has this been going on ? For years, months or just recently.
Can you remember any nightmares before waking up, feelings of anxiety, fear, etc. when waking up.

seekerofprophecies
03-21-2011, 09:24 PM
It should be over for you soon I hope.

amazingxzen
03-22-2011, 11:29 PM
How long has this been going on ? For years, months or just recently.
Can you remember any nightmares before waking up, feelings of anxiety, fear, etc. when waking up.

It's been on and off for about four years now. Some periods of time, I can sleep, other times I can't.

Giraffe
05-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Hello Amazingxzen,
I have a friend who suffers insomnia, she is now my meditation buddy.
We started our practices with a deep muscle relaxtion exercise. That night when she went home to bed she slept for 6 hours. It was the most sleep she had in a while.

Just google Deep muscle relaxation meditation and you should find some written instructions. It might be a good idea if you can get a friend to guide you through it because it can put you in a trance or you may fall asleep through the meditation.