PDA

View Full Version : Rooms and their energies

Astral Eye
03-22-2011, 04:58 PM
I find certian rooms seem to identify strongly with certian elements.

FIRE
*Kitchen
*Lounge

WATER
*Bathroom

EARTH
*Garden
*Cellar

AIR
*Conservetry
*Attic

Bedrroms take on the element of whoever sleeps in them. My room is shared with my younger brother. While I'm air and water, but he is fire and earth, so my room is a very ballanced place.

I'll post more soon. :D

devakxes
03-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Feng Shui is the art of designing your house so that energies can flow smoothly in them and attract specific kinds of energy(prosperity, lust, etc.). It is all to deal with geometry, the kind of room, and the geometric shapes. You also have other things like personal objects that carry that energy. Certain incenses also affect the energy in the room a specific way, as do certain crystals and plants when placed in specific places.

My lover practices feng shui. He reorganizes the entire house from kitchen, to dinining room, to living room, to bedroom, everything... every couple of months. Energy will build up in a specific place if you don't move the objects. Stagnate energy isn't healthy for our systems. He generally goes for a phallic/horned god feel to our home. Maybe that is why he enjoys watching me perform magick with the devil. hehe.

He is my Belial.

devakxes
03-22-2011, 09:04 PM
i am not in to Feng Shui that is for new agers.

Well not to be rude, my lady.
Energy behaves in specific ways depending on the forms it goes through. The Masons knew the secrets of such geometry in a lot of their endeavors. Feng Shui was also practiced by Atlanteans. Circular rooms tend to build energy. Square rooms are nice, but the energy stagnates in the corners. Rooms with pointed roofs help to elevate the quality and even connect the energy with the Outside world (as well as different entities if you are talented enough)

However, I do agree that a lot of information you'll find is garbage on the subject.

captainrackham
03-25-2011, 02:19 AM
Astral Eye & devakxes i totally agree..

I think that colours and arrangements totally effect everything. They've proven that cold colours like green and blue make people calmer -- hot colours like red and orange tend to make people more intense.

A bright kitchen will make you more hungry... that kinda thing!

I thought it was fascinating what Astral Eye said about sharing elements in a room makes it more balanced...

you ever notice some people's houses seem so damn cozy, warm and you just wanna stick around a lil longer and maybe take a nap.. and other people's houses put you on edge, it feel's chilly -- something's not right, empty maybe?

It's really kind of a science if you think about it... I'm totally bumping this topic -- it'd be interesting to see what other people think :D

devakxes
03-25-2011, 03:23 AM
Forgot to mention this. People will leave energetic imprints in a room.

So if your grandma always sits in a chair, in the living room to read the bible... feels a sense of calm... maybe even a connection to ''God''... that imprint will stay if she does this repeatedly. Others will pick up on that energy, produce similar forms of emotion and energy... add to the intensity.

You may even see your grandma sitting in the chair even if she isn't there. Others who are sensitive might even see her in the chair.

Light
03-25-2011, 05:21 AM
Shapes of rooms and colors have a big impact on our mood, health, etc..There are hospitals and schools that take these things into consideration for example in Scandinavia, Germany etc. These hospitals have a higher number a recovering patients from cancer for example, where all hope has been lost.
Of course diet is also important where bio-dynamic foods are offered, as well as other therapies. Crystals are also used in some of the rooms and other natural mediums.

Energy is everywhere, everything has it's energy and we have our own energy. We can choose to work with it or ignore it, but it still is always there.

captainrackham
03-26-2011, 03:23 AM
it just hit me after re-reading devakxes post -- "Square rooms are nice, but the energy stagnates in the corners", you think that's why when decorating a square room, it's always good to put things like plants or lights in the corners - not just for lighting or looks, but it gives off energy in an area that would otherwise just have stagnant energy?

The grandma example was pretty fascinating.

Light brought up a good point about Scandinavian and German countries using 'evolved' science, like colours, crystals and ... if they used music too, that'd totally be the fabled Atlantean style of medicine, just like devakxes said!

Anyone who's interested, look up Pythagorean 'monochords' or harmonic healing. I don't think Pythagoras 'invented' it, but he used it as a part of his practice/teachings.

"Energy is everywhere, everything has it's energy and we have our own energy. We can choose to work with it or ignore it, but it still is always there." Well said Light.

Question is, can this energy work against anyone if they don't channel it correctly, oh say, by room arrangement or atmosphere?

Light
03-26-2011, 04:43 AM
Yes, I totally agree with decorating a room, designing a house etc. to help with creating a favorable environment or energy to be in. I believe most people do it instinctively anyway and the ones ignoring it and only think of the practical aspects of a room for example, can end up creating quite a energy depleting space.

Re: the hospitals and schools; yes music is a big part as well, in these hospitals and schools.

Shaolin32
03-27-2011, 05:08 AM
i have to agree with everyone else here.... i mean i havent done much research into feng shui (spelling?) personally but most of my background is in qi gong. Also doesnt feng shui date back a pretty long time? not to mention that energy set aside there have been many psychological tests that confirm that room design has a profound impact on a persons emotions and actions.

Dajai
03-27-2011, 08:33 AM
I was going to quote Devakxes but then I found myself agreeing with Light and then most everyone here.

Flow of energy is important on all levels and awareness of this can be applied to our bodies, other people's bodies, our environment and even within our dreams and astral workings. Without this awareness we could not impose our will and we would not be aware of the imprints left by others.

I noticed we have a reiki master who has recently joined and I am sure she will be familiar with that buzzing in her hands when she walks past someone on the street who is ill. She would have no reason to know of the illness other than that flow of energy and that almost magnetic pull or lust that the sick person has for any source of usable energy - as we all do by varying degrees.

Indeed, objects and colours do have a reflective, absorbing and filtering effect on energy flow. Sonics, of course, play a profound role, as cinema knows well. It's so difficult to talk about this without venturing into the realms of vibrational qualities and then I really do sound like a new-age type person - of which the truth couldn't be further from.

It stands to reason that, as an occultist sets up a series of associative responses and understandings, an awareness of occult vibrations is picked up. This is all psychological, of course and a product of our own self-programmed identification system.

We could (and probably should) question the use of this seemingly intrusive and half meaningless awareness. When we are in control and enforcing our will upon our environment I see no problem with it, even if this should disturb others. It is only when we start spooking ourselves with illogical conclusions - such as hauntings - that this questionable knowledge needs strong personal interrogation.

Certainly, Astral Eye, your logical labelling demonstrate a knowledge of elemental associations but would it be so strange to sense fire in the bathroom or earth in the attic or would this teach you something more of those specific rooms?

EDIT: Correcting weird double space formatting that seemed to occur.

devakxes
03-29-2011, 03:29 AM
It stands to reason that, as an occultist sets up a series of associative responses and understandings, an awareness of occult vibrations is picked up. This is all psychological, of course and a product of our own self-programmed identification system.

This is sooooooooooooo very correct. For example, ''White'' is often seen in the West as being a color of purity, of goodness, of life and light. In the East, it is seen as cremation ash - of which Shiva is covered in. Due to the association with Shiva (death) and the impurities of the body - White is seen as evil in the East. It is all conditioning. However, I think the hues (dark and light) are pretty much the same.

You could make a bathroom have a fire feel if you decorated it with colors of red, orange, and yellow... and if the room was big enough. Some candles would help this. However, it would make sense to make a kitchen associate with fire - sense we often do things associated with fire and thus build that kind of elemental energy in the kitchen.

it just hit me after re-reading devakxes post -- "Square rooms are nice, but the energy stagnates in the corners", you think that's why when decorating a square room, it's always good to put things like plants or lights in the corners - not just for lighting or looks, but it gives off energy in an area that would otherwise just have stagnant energy?

Yes.

Also, another point of decoration for magickal purposes is the concept of ceremonial magick. They set up a specific environment (represented in the Left Hand Path as Xem or ''the fertile environment'') so that the mind may reach a specific kind of awareness or understanding. The Right Hand Path may not call it Xem, but this is essentially how it happens. The East does not seek to create such experiences but to focus the mind into awareness of such things.

This is also why if you have a ritual chamber, that it is vital to use it only for such reasons. It helps to build up ''sacred space'' or a place where the area ''between the worlds'' is more thin. Very similar to the concept of energetic imprints.

Cartoon Character
04-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Cool. i like what you've got here so far. It's all relative, and it's important to keep the intuitive and culturally relevant aspects of energy/color/etc. associations in mind. I think what devakxes mentioned about the color white and its symbolic significance needed to be said and is long overdue. In the West, we tend to hold to the notion that white is ALWAYS the best tool for the job, so to speak, but as devakxes pointed out, this is not always the case in the East. Shiva was mentioned, and white is not always a symbol of purity for the Chinese either. White is a color of mourning and ghosts, and a bride does not wear white in a traditional Chinese wedding, as it is generally reserved for funerals. Likewise, black was the color of Heaven during the Qin Dynasty (and is still considered as the true color of Heaven), and is outlined as such in the I Ching. The everyday robes of Daoist priests are usually black as well, as opposed to the "good guy" white robes of some Western occult systems.

Also, what you said about energy stagnating in square rooms is true. Qi naturally flows in slightly curved and circular waves, and does not flow well in areas comprised of 90 degree angles. This is why everything from T-intersections to long and straight hallways are considered to be bad feng shui. Not because they are inherently unlucky or ominous as some believe, but because sha qi can accumulate due to stagnation and cause problems. As mentioned, placing living things such as plants, or anything with running water such as small fountains in the corners can help here. One's external environment is really no different than their internal environment as it relates to energetic flow, at least in theory. It's the whole notion of macrocosm/microcosm, and keeping this in mind can help when designing an external space. How does energy best flow within the body? How do certain things feel energetically? By asking these questions and following your intuition and energetic sensitivity, you should be able to sense what will and will not be an energetically favorable environment.

Kilotonhex
08-14-2011, 11:24 PM
depends also on the houses location how magic is dictated sometime the age of the house and construction has something to play in it. My house holds alot of energy in it mainly due to item placement most rooms are neutral in there designation or such also light and airy due to large windows.

My house itself sits on a small nexus or ley line node if you belive in such things it is surounded by sanctified ground on 3 sides I have churches even if they are no longer in use. a park across the street and a large open back yard also my place has pine trees on both fence lines and a century old cottonwood in the front yard. The place was built in 1901 so there is alot of lingering energy from old inhabitants. my house breaths earth energy on the lower levels and the basment due to it being built on a hewn granit stone foundation also hard wood floors tie into the earth there are ghost in my house expecialy the basement where I had taken in a stray abused dog. she wasn't able to be rehabilitated so she was put down but not after leaving me with a liter of puppies you can still see her black shape darting around the basement. but yes rooms and houses have there inharent energies. My upstairs lounge has no tv's in it but it draws many people to come upstairs grab a book sit down smoke and relax in a over stuffed chair. the dining room is a room for large gatherings and is always packed on the weekends with energy of comrodery. the living room is for unwinding at the end of the day and playing video games or siting by the fire. and each bedroom has there own distinct aura. depending on how they are furnished ow by who inabits them.