PDA

View Full Version : planetary colours

HiddenSerpent
03-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Hi all
some thoughts I had when meditating on the Colours in the Queen scale:
the colour PURPLE for Luna seems to be 'wrong'. I could feel that and in some books I consider very important like Bardon and the Greater Key Of Solomon the colours are given thus:
- Moon: white
- Mercury: orange
- Venus: green
- Sun: yellow
- Mars: red
- Jupiter: blue
- Saturn: black or purple
As you can see, those colours match the Queen scale with the exception of 9: the Sephirah Yesod. You can "check" the validity of those colours if you consider the Zodiac and apply those colours to each sign ruled by the named planet (Aries: red, Taurus: green, Gemini: orange, Cancer: white, Leo: yellow and so on).

If you do this you see that each opposite sign displays the correct complementary colour (like used in flashing images)!!!!

Gemini: orange (Mercury) <--> Sagittarius: blue (Jupiter)
Cancer: white (Moon) <--> Capricorn: black (Saturn)
Leo: yellow (Sun) <--> Aquarius: purple (Saturn)

but only if you take the colours from GKOS!

I think this is very important and I don't understand how it could be missed by authors on this subject.

What do you think?

HiddenSerpent
03-27-2011, 11:26 AM
frankly the colors are wrong, have a good day.

mkay. could you please be a little more specific which colours and why?

HiddenSerpent
03-27-2011, 07:54 PM
No...............

well....great :D

zero
03-27-2011, 09:55 PM
luna is not purple becuase luna is not yesod, but luna does corespond to yesod.

HiddenSerpent
03-28-2011, 05:25 PM
luna is not purple becuase luna is not yesod, but luna does corespond to yesod.
Israel Regardie writes "In Yesod is the sphere of Luna who in her fullness reflects the Sun of Tiphareth" (The Golden Dawn): So there seem to be analogues to the astrological planets, more than a mere "correpondence".

zero
03-28-2011, 10:27 PM
yes but when looking at yesod what are you looking at is it luna or the foundation? im asking you not a referance.