PDA

View Full Version : Making Typhonian Ink

Aristocrap
03-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Hey all,
So I'm going to try making some Typhonian ink to use in spells, but I wanted some advice as to how I'd do so. Here's a list of the ingredients:

Red Poppy
Artichoke Juice
Acacia Seed
Red Typhonian Ocher
Quicklime
Wormwood
Gum Arabic
Rain Water

I know how to make quicklime, though I don't have much of an idea how to mix all the ingredients and what state they should be in. I assume I'd ground up solids such as the wormwood and poppy into a very fine powder, then mix with the water. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hot Tea
03-29-2011, 01:19 PM
You should be able to find a book on natural inks if you look on amazon or in barnes&noble. A friend of mine really likes to make inks and candles and gives me extras so I never really bothered learning, guess I should though.

Aristocrap
03-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Hmm, I'll see what I can find. I'm a bit concerned with the use of quicklime/calcium oxide because it's highly corrosive and reacts strongly with water, which is required for the ink.
Unfortunately Seven Faces of Darkness doesn't say anything about how the ink is supposed to be made.

Aristocrap
03-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Sadly, no. Don Webb just lists the ingredients from a supposedly ancient formula. Perhaps it was thrown in as more of a novelty than an actual suggested recipe. In that case, I'll just get or make simple red-colored ink.

Daisy
04-12-2011, 06:49 PM
If you just need red ink Dragonsblood ink should work well enough and has its own benefits.

fratertwkr
05-10-2011, 03:31 AM
Hmm, I'll see what I can find. I'm a bit concerned with the use of quicklime/calcium oxide because it's highly corrosive and reacts strongly with water, which is required for the ink.
Unfortunately Seven Faces of Darkness doesn't say anything about how the ink is supposed to be made.

just add little amounts at a time with safety goggles and other protective equipment if you want.

I don't know much but I think the quicklime water solution might be to dissolve the herbal ingredients or perhaps their salt. research it better or you'll just have a jar of Ms. Diareah salt substitute.