PDA

View Full Version : Dream Journal

SWM
01-20-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm going to start keeping track of all of my dreams and workings in a journal. I hope to find some pattern or at least infer something from my dreams, but I don't expect much. Scientificly its your head rearanging information. But as the brain is a mystical bastard already, I have doubts on both aspects of dreaming Scientific or otherwise.

I'll post about a good dream that I get one of these days, but for now the question stands: Do you guys keep dream journals?

Odin
01-20-2009, 11:06 PM
there are two things that would help at this point 1 ) is he dream journal as for the patterns you will find out where are in the occult sense of your being

what you are working on in your life spiritually especially working with the Tree of Life, and the Qabalah

The other is keeping a journal that has the weather the moon phase the time you did the ritual and what ritual you did

and keep these books journal for further reference

do you have the moon phase on the front page of the site

note what happens to you at he certain stages of the moon

Odin
01-20-2009, 11:11 PM
what rituals are you doing now.

Odin
01-20-2009, 11:19 PM
both one for dreams and have been seeing through my dreams certain aspects of my life I am working on especially through the readings ( books ) an the ritual work a lot of paper
but see things changing in certain aspects in the mundane world

It's like a checks and balances that I see

Dreamer.
01-26-2009, 08:58 PM
I keep a Ritual Diary and a Dream Diary. In my dream diary the basic template is as follows:

DATE
Title (e.g. "Falling into the ice Cavern" or "At the airport checkout"
Genre (e.g. Drama, anxiety, sexual etc)
Characters:

and then i record the dream content. After this i usually write down a few notes such as thoughts on what certain aspects of the dream meant.

Jung writes that many aspects of dreams are unconscious COMPENSATIONS for elements of the conscious psyche.

Odin
01-26-2009, 09:02 PM
cool what about the Ritual Diary whats the format for that

I like the idea how you set up the dream Diary

Dreamer.
01-26-2009, 09:23 PM
thank you very much Odin :)

The format for my ritual diary is the same as that recommended by Donald Michael Kraig in his book "Modern Magick"

DATE
Time:
Moon Phase:
Weather:
Emotions:
Name of Ritual Performed:

Results:

And I also write down any thoughts I have on magickal issues.

I have this cool little gadget on my computer which shows a picture of a moon on my desktop and changes phases as the real moon changes. Very useful.

Odin
01-26-2009, 09:34 PM
yeh me too

now all I need is to tell me what house it's in

SWM
02-02-2009, 10:28 PM
I haven't done enough rituals to keep a diary. Ever since that scrying fiasco I kind of stopped. Otherwise I formant my diary by date. I jumble down what I can remember, in outline form. Its weird only due to the fact that I work backwards. My last dreams are usualy the most vivid, and my past are not so much. I record the journals every so often, because I don't have enough time in the mornings to make a full entry. I'm going to start going to bed earlyer and waking up earlyer in order to make up for lost time. (I exersize in the mornings as well as showering) I just have to make it part of my routine.

isis
02-03-2009, 01:02 AM
i have both i jest started my dream diary.. i had a good and weard dream but i already got help with that.. thanks Lady D.

pheonixfire
03-16-2009, 01:39 AM
I've always had crazy dreams and nightmares. Lately they've been really odd, and in combination with other strange things happening I was going to start keeping a journal of my dreams. Particularly since I had a conversation with a walrus twice last night (two different dreams, or at least I had woken up in between them.) He said some very thought provoking things for a walrus who can speak english. :D

jump
03-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Couldnt find a thread that was solely dedicated to dream analysis so I just checked the search engine on tthe site to find anything remotely on dreams, please forgive me if I seem rude for sharing myne in here , namely because I dont know what they mean
most recently I dream of eating food before waking up, and namely actually wanting the food I dreamt of upon waking up, so just today I was able to appease my appetite for the kind of food I dreamt of, hamsandwhich and potato chips, however the first in the recent chain of food dreams was about me eating chocolate cake sized brounie, I did not buy and eat that when I woke up because I felt the dreams message of eating chocolate cake sized brounie possibly meant eat **** and die :confused:

serpent
04-05-2009, 06:09 PM
I just have a quick question, i don't want to make a thread for.
I've had some dreams that related to stuff happening currently in my life.
The physical place i was at in the dream had stuff that would strongly represent something that happened in the past, and somebody told me something that related to the present that could possibly be related to that past event that was being represented.

The question, dreams can be complete bullshit right? Just manifestations of fear and paranoia? That seems to be the case sometimes. And i really hope it is in some cases. The possibility that my dreams may be true is terrifying. Please tell me the truth about it tho.

isis
04-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Has anyone have the feeling of beeing chocked? Well i did last night and well i still feel it now on the out side of my neck.. Jest asking..

Red Serpent
04-05-2009, 11:21 PM
I had that feeling: being choked, drowned and stabbed :S

... I started my dream journal today but ... Linux is giving me headache: I can't install gadgets (I wanted that one that shows moon and its changes) ... Why oh why did I let Linux to be installed, I still don't know...siiigh

chronazon
04-06-2009, 06:33 AM
william s burroughs has a great dream journal called my education a book of dreams. it is great to learn how to do this.

i have a friend whose dad (their last name is Kelly) has a picture of the 15th century seer and prophetic visionary Sir Edward Kelly in white robes. I have been trying to get him to do tarot readings professionally, but he doesn't quite want to, even though he was my first friend to get into the occult with back in high school. thing is, he always dreams of things that I had been doing or plan to do and it all ties together and tells me something more about my situation every time almost. they are always comical, in my friend's, jolly fruity comical way, just the way it all ties together. definitly prophetic, and definitly weird.

jump
05-09-2009, 04:12 PM
ok, something cool, well maybe it isnt depending on how its interpreted, every time I doze off of late, my usual flight dreams havnt been happening, M y usual affermation remains the same but it does notrk like it use to, now instead of flight they are dreams of me being a knuckle crawling beast of some sort? I have the speed and agility of a cheetah and .....well its a tad frightning to me, Im always agressively charging people in my dreams in this manner, could this be supressed primal agression using my dreams as an outlet?

Veneficus_V
06-15-2009, 08:47 AM
4 things may occur when you dream...

1. Astral Work: When doing astral work you are learning lessons toward your spiritual, psychical and magickal development , as well as practicing these lessons, this occurs on the astral plane.

2. Psychological Messages: Many times your subconscious needs to tell your conscious something, but your conscious refuses to listen. In some dreams the subconscious sends a message in symbols to the conscious. This is a basis for Freudian analysis

3. Play: The mind at rest may wander aimlessly and meaninglessly sending any sort of beautiful or bizarre pictures to the conscious.

4. A combination of the first three.

:D

Just some very basic information regarding dreams that i have learned :D hope it helps someone.

Dracophoenix
07-14-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm going to start keeping track of all of my dreams and workings in a journal. I hope to find some pattern or at least infer something from my dreams, but I don't expect much. Scientificly its your head rearanging information. But as the brain is a mystical bastard already, I have doubts on both aspects of dreaming Scientific or otherwise.

I'll post about a good dream that I get one of these days, but for now the question stands: Do you guys keep dream journals?

I've kept a dream journal for years and have started a new one recently

Plarkenstorf
07-17-2009, 04:44 AM

Don't keep a journal, I make a point of committing recurring concepts to memory though.

Doing so can apparently increase the likelyhood of lucid dreaming however, so it'd definitely be a good idea to keep one.

Also, the brain as a mystical bastard - there're some correlations that're drawn, like dreams involving teeth tend to be in people with hidden social anxieties. Nakedness correlates with feelings of vulnerabilitiy, parasites and vampires appearing in dreams tend to imply either guilt for using someone - as the parasite or vampire, or used - as the victim of the parasite or vampire.

It may be a mystical bastard, but the utter wank that it is seems to run on symbolism.

BadGirl
07-29-2009, 04:42 PM
I cannot stress how important keeping a diary of your dreams is.

For a student of psychology, or for someone who is genuinely interested about finding out more about themselves, life, everything: you will find it of Incredible Value to keep a "track record", so to speak, on the nature of the images that you're calling forth, in what way or ways you're associating them, HOW you're associating them, etc. etc.

The magician will also find this work Incredibly Valuable.