PDA

View Full Version : Visual Magick

Stella
01-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Visual Magick by Jan Fries... has anyone read this one and what is your opinion on this book?

Someone recommended this one to me a while back, but I never bought it. Sounds interesting.

redhand
01-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Visual Magick aims to build vision, imagination, and creative magick. It shows how magicians, witches, artists and therapists can improve visionary abilities, enhance imagination, activate the inner senses, and discover new modes of trance awareness. The emphasis is on direct experience and the reader is asked to think, act, do, and enjoy as s/he wills. 'One of the best books on magick I have read in a long while.' this was written by Phil Hine in Pagan News 'A practical modern grimoire.' The Cauldron

I like this one it is a modern interpretation of Shamanism with ideas from Chaos Magick. Jan's style is particularly engaging and down to earth, and this book covers a variety of the basic process and mechanisms of modern `freestyle shamanism' or `magic', clearly and concisely.

You will also probably like Seidways: Shaking, Swaying and Serpent Mysteries, and Cauldron Of The Gods: A Manual Of Celtic Magick by the same author.

Stella
01-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the info, redhand. I've read the description but wanted to get some opinions here. It sounds like something I'd really like, think I'm going to try to pick it up within the next week or so. :)

redhand
01-22-2009, 11:26 PM
No problem! ;D

Topher
01-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Sounds like something I might be into.
Is this book easily found or do you need to hunt it down?

Stella
01-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Topher, it is easy to find online. I found new and used copies at Amazon and I also found some on Ebay. I'm waiting for payday to purchase... I'm on a very strict budget right now.

If you get it, let us know what you think about it!

ocultlove47
05-25-2009, 06:32 AM
Can i find it as a free e-book?Im very very low on cash(survival mode) :).

i6j8jm9a495sv3pp
04-16-2011, 01:44 PM
I think I have the ebook copy. Let me know and I'll look it up in my collection.

EasT
04-27-2011, 12:43 AM
^That would be awesome if you post a link :)