PDA

View Full Version : Questions.

HystericalConfession
05-07-2011, 01:37 PM
I studied LaVeyan Satanism 2 years ago and I have recently decided to pursue this interest once more, but I have 2 questions.

1. I was reading about spirit guides in the Ghost section of the forum. Do LaVeyan Satanists believe in/have spirit guides? Can we contact them if we wish and still be a Satanist?
2. When performing rituals and calling upon these Satans and Demons, is this just symbolic? Or simply even theatrics? Or is LaVey being hypocritical and actually believing in these beings?

S0urceror
05-07-2011, 07:21 PM
I would figure it varies on what level you are into it.

The hand-book says that they believe in magic but are atheists. I would go into it just treating it like a metaphor that you believe in.

Cartoon Character
05-07-2011, 07:34 PM
I think it is similar in theory to the Luciferian approach of Michael Ford and others.

HystericalConfession
05-08-2011, 02:59 AM
I would figure it varies on what level you are into it.

The hand-book says that they believe in magic but are atheists. I would go into it just treating it like a metaphor that you believe in.

Hm, okay, thank you. I was planning on doing a ritual later tonight, and was a bit dumbfounded, as in the beginning of the Satanic Bible Dr. LaVey keeps saying how there is no God or Devil, just humans and the carnal force inside of them, and yet part of the ritual is invoking Satan and repeating demon names

Cartoon Character
05-08-2011, 03:13 AM
The idea is that Satan and demons are not external, but rather are found internally within oneself. The internal carnal force is what stirs them into action. My apologies in advance to any Satanists if my take on this is wrong.

Asin
06-16-2011, 10:06 PM
The idea is that Satan and demons are not external, but rather are found internally within oneself. The internal carnal force is what stirs them into action.

Everything I've studied involving LaVeyan Satanism points to this. You are your own God. No external force has power over you. Ritual in LaVeyan Satanism is purely for dogmatic effect - to help the human mind in accomplishing what it wants.

Randolph Carter
10-02-2011, 08:31 PM
I studied LaVeyan Satanism 2 years ago and I have recently decided to pursue this interest once more, but I have 2 questions.

1. I was reading about spirit guides in the Ghost section of the forum. Do LaVeyan Satanists believe in/have spirit guides? Can we contact them if we wish and still be a Satanist?
No.

2. When performing rituals and calling upon these Satans and Demons, is this just symbolic? Or simply even theatrics? Or is LaVey being hypocritical and actually believing in these beings?
Are they just symbolic? Yes.
Was LaVey being hypocritical? No, LaVey was very upfront about their theatrical usage. The purpose of the Calling of the Names is the creation of a heightened emotional state in the mind of the sorcerer, not to page gods, demons, or spirits.

Randolph Carter
10-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Everything I've studied involving LaVeyan Satanism points to this. You are your own God. No external force has power over you. Ritual in LaVeyan Satanism is purely for dogmatic effect - to help the human mind in accomplishing what it wants.

Yes and no.

The purpose of Satanic Ritual is to effect change in a situation through magical means. And while some Satanists perform the Satanic Rituals solely for aesthetic reasons or to relieve themselves of unwanted emotional baggage, the purpose of GBM, from a Satanic standpoint, remains the same, the causing of fortuitous changes for the individual through an act of concentrated willing.

Iza
10-02-2011, 08:47 PM
I will take a hot pastrami sandwich.

Randolph Carter
10-02-2011, 08:50 PM
I will take a hot pastrami sandwich.

Denied. Meat is murder! :)

Iza
10-02-2011, 08:52 PM
yeah tell that to my stomach son. meat is my God. vegetables are wimpy.

Randolph Carter
10-02-2011, 08:57 PM
yeah tell that to my stomach son. meat is my God. vegetables are wimpy.

Do what thou wilt shall be whole of the hog!