PDA

View Full Version : I need a few words of advice.

xEstella
06-01-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm new to chaos, and I would consider myself nothing more than an interested reader. I used to be really into "witchcraft," but I lost interest because of many external factors. I have a few questions, but any suggestions, comments, criticism would certainly help me.

1. I'm reading into Chaos Magick, and I'm starting with Liber Null + Psychonauts... any other recommended reads? I heard these were great.

2. I'm very pessimistic. I WANT to believe in Chaos Magick and everything that follows. Being the pessimist that I am I'm prone to thinking that people will lie to others in order to justify their beliefs or lifestyle, or at least to make it seem like it "works" for them, and somehow improves their lives.
*Prove me wrong though. If you can objectively call yourself an honest person, then I want you to honestly tell me this this is the truth, and that I have something very real to believe in. I need something to believe in, and I'm crossing my fingers that CMT is the answer.:confused:

Broomhilda
06-01-2011, 04:50 PM
2. I'm very pessimistic. I WANT to believe in Chaos Magick and everything that follows. Being the pessimist that I am I'm prone to thinking that people will lie to others in order to justify their beliefs or lifestyle, or at least to make it seem like it "works" for them, and somehow improves their lives.
*Prove me wrong though. If you can objectively call yourself an honest person, then I want you to honestly tell me this this is the truth, and that I have something very real to believe in. I need something to believe in, and I'm crossing my fingers that CMT is the answer.:confused:

1. I dont think people for the most part lie about there spirituality. People have actually sufferd and died for there spiritual beliefs. Wars have been faught and much blood has been shed over spiritual beliefs. I dont think those people was lying I honestly believe they died for what they believed in.
I had a Christian urgue with me that if Witchcraft is real then cast a spell and let me see your magic. I have seen parents refuse to give there children medical attention cause they believe Jesus would heal them. None of these people would be considerd liars.

2. No offence but I have alot of crap going on in my own life to have a proving/peeing contest on a forum board. Also telling you what faucet of spiritualism to follow goes against my very grain. Believe what you want and be happy.

Oh you can uncross your fingers now:)

chickenrice
06-01-2011, 11:50 PM
I think you must believe what you want to believe.

I heard that if you dont believe in your chaos magick work, then it will never work! But i think it applies for all kinds of magic, and for life in general.

Jayk
08-04-2011, 11:35 PM
I am a firm Atheist. I try to avoid beliefs entirely where I can. The appeal of Chaos to me is the idea that, believe it or not, results can be had from the casting of spells. I can't describe the mechanism. I can't describe HOW it works for sure. I just know I get results when I perform ritual magick. Sometimes. I think this has nothing to do with anything supernatural. It is probably some kind of manipulation of forces that we can't easily understand or intuit. Anyway, don't worry about believing. Just try it out and see what happens.

|||||
08-05-2011, 11:39 PM
If you were to take the psychological view on magick, which is of course only one option, than there is no need for faith. I have proven this stuff to myself through evocation and invocation. Remember magick is not a religion in the general sense, it is a set of techniques designed to change the ego, how this is happening is the key, not why.

Manipulator
09-14-2011, 03:03 AM
Just read it and do it. It works. No more thought needs to be put into it.