PDA

View Full Version : Candle work

Alexandriac
07-01-2008, 03:06 AM
I would like to know what others do when they work with candles. I will try thy best to answer to those who want to know any thing also.

Harlock
07-01-2008, 02:18 PM
well of course in my rituals, i tend to stay on the light side of magic so i have alot of white candles more than anything

darkangel
07-01-2008, 03:10 PM
i have candles in most colours depending on what type of spell i am doing

Vampmisstress969
07-31-2008, 09:08 PM
I have all colors and I would like to know something i have read i lots of my books on the comp as well is it not the person which determines the magic not what u use? I do not have any candle spells by them selfs does anyone have any recomdations for how to come up with a good one, maybe a good one to help keep neg energy out of my house or a protection for my house any and all advice is appreciated

SMIB

isis
08-02-2008, 10:56 PM
i need to larn more about candle majick

Twilight Mandragora
08-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Candle magick is perhaps the most practical form of Witchery (and fun too)... one that works actually quite well together with herbal sorcery, especially if you are on a tight budget. The two combined within your Witchcraft can yield powerful results. Use your intuition when choosing a specific color to use in your spells. Just because some book tells you to use a white candle for protection, does not mean that that color will represent "protection" to you! The Ancient Art of Candleburning is a timeless classic form of Magick practised among Witches today. So be it Ardane...

isis
08-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Candle magick is perhaps the most practical form of Witchery (and fun too)... one that works actually quite well together with herbal sorcery, especially if you are on a tight budget. The two combined within your Witchcraft can yield powerful results. Use your intuition when choosing a specific color to use in your spells. Just because some book tells you to use a white candle for protection, does not mean that that color will represent "protection" to you! The Ancient Art of Candleburning is a timeless classic form of Magick practised among Witches today. So be it Ardane...

THINKS I NEED THIS CAUSE WHE I DO A PROTECTION SPELL FOR SOME REASON THE BLACK CANDLE WORKS FOR ME AND I DONT KNOW FOR SURE. BUT IAM OPEN TO TRY ANYTHING. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT ON THE CANDLE MAGICK THEN I WOULD LIKE IT ALOT AND THINKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP.

Twilight Mandragora
08-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Yes, there is definetly nothing wrong with using a black candle for a protecion spell. Some colors vibrate at a higher frequency with us than others when it comes to choosing colors for spellwork. Ultimately its wise to say that its best to use what works for you. There is no right and only way to practise Witchcraft!

Aradia
08-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Yes, there is definetly nothing wrong with using a black candle for a protecion spell. Some colors vibrate at a higher frequency with us than others when it comes to choosing colors for spellwork. Ultimately its wise to say that its best to use what works for you. There is no right and only way to practise Witchcraft!

Exactly, Twilight Mandragora.

Light
08-21-2010, 10:04 PM
So is it then, that there is no right or wrong colour to choose, when doing a spell or for example in shilding and protection...I have chosen brown for protection and shilding, but black would seem to me, to be more powerful ( I was told that brown is the colour to choose)..

Light
08-21-2010, 10:16 PM
So if I understand this right...If I find or feel that the black colour would be the most appropriate ( for shilding and protection ), then that is the colour I should choose.

Light
08-21-2010, 10:22 PM
I mean ,when having a situation , when someone has caused harm over several years and still continues, to try and harm and not giving up, after many years...

Light
08-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Thank you so much . I will look into it more and read more about it...I'm located in Australia, so unfortunately I would not be able to get to Bronx...I have a few pagan friends that know more , but not at this level..

Light
08-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Thank you . I will look it up ...:)

daecon
08-22-2010, 01:50 AM
I make my own candles for spellwork, usually with a specific spell in mind when I make it.

Strangef8
02-20-2012, 05:05 AM
Candle magic can get pretty convoluted. If I have time I'll dig up my book of shadows and list which colors are best for which spells. You also have to decide which inscriptions and how as well as oils and herbs in my experience. There's a lifetime of research to do. Also keep a log of your spells to remember what works and what doesn't.