PDA

View Full Version : Curses and rituals

scorpiocurse
07-17-2011, 12:10 AM
I am a complete newbie to Satanism, I read the Satanic Bible some time ago and am aware and understand the philosophies of Satanism, not realising I live by many of the ideas laid out by Anton Lavey.

The only thing I am confused about is that it is said over the net that Satanists dont believe in the supernatural or any of that sort of stuff yet I hear about Anton Lavey putting a cure on someone and then there is a book to accompany the bible that mentions rituals??? I thought it was more of a way of life than have a religious/ritualistic aspect.

Super confused and would like some education on this.

Thanks in advance.

Randolph Carter
11-20-2011, 06:27 PM
I am a complete newbie to Satanism, I read the Satanic Bible some time ago and am aware and understand the philosophies of Satanism, not realising I live by many of the ideas laid out by Anton Lavey.

The only thing I am confused about is that it is said over the net that Satanists dont believe in the supernatural or any of that sort of stuff yet I hear about Anton Lavey putting a cure on someone and then there is a book to accompany the bible that mentions rituals??? I thought it was more of a way of life than have a religious/ritualistic aspect.

Super confused and would like some education on this.

Thanks in advance.

Magic, as viewed through the workings of the CoS, operates on natural, but as of yet unexplained, mechanism. This is what is meant when the Satanist says he practices magic, but does not believe in externalized entities. The source power the ritual resides in the sorcerer, not in any god, demon, or devil.

Of course some Satanists practice ritual magic purely for the sake of psycho-drama as well.

Justinfh
04-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Of course some Satanists practice ritual magic purely for the sake of psycho-drama as well.

Exactly. If you curse somebody and something happens to them or even yourself (what goes around comes around) is consequences.