PDA

View Full Version : Psi Self-Defense?

idiot-2009
01-24-2009, 06:12 AM
I once read a book called "Psychic Self Defense" by Lewellyn Publications.
They spoke of a process similar to what in read in post here on "shielding":
the part about visualization of an aura of blue light engulfing the entire body, like a giant elliptical orb, or an egg shell. So is this "shielding" a technique of occult, psychics, astrals, or is it common to all? Are the mechanisms sactivated by the shielding visualization the same no matter what ones perspective, psychic, astral, occult, wicca?
thank you in advance for your guidance!

Saeiane
01-24-2009, 07:04 AM
I once read a book called "Psychic Self Defense" by Lewellyn Publications.
They spoke of a process similar to what in read in post here on "shielding":
the part about visualization of an aura of blue light engulfing the entire body, like a giant elliptical orb, or an egg shell. So is this "shielding" a technique of occult, psychics, astrals, or is it common to all? Are the mechanisms sactivated by the shielding visualization the same no matter what ones perspective, psychic, astral, occult, wicca?
thank you in advance for your guidance!

I assume you mean the book by Dion Fortune ? Yes. It's a general practice in the occult, and fairly common. Though if it was used to fend off a psychic attack, it would need to be modified a bit (for example, picturing a shimmering or crystalline purple sphere or diamond encompassing you) and in most cases, yes, the mechanics involved are similar. Though depending on the tradition you follow- Wicca, Witchcraft, Shamanism, Rosicrucian, etc. the ritual (format) could be a bit different. From prayer and visualization, to chanting, to simply saying "I am protected by a veil of light. No harm may come to me" it is an act that causes mental and astral changes to occur, thus bringing about the desired effect of protection.

to break it down:
Act>effect>outcome.
The act is the ritual of protection, the effect is the chain of sequence that brings about protection, the outcome is that the person the ritual was for is thus protected.

soloqi
02-04-2009, 03:49 AM
I dont believe i have read that one, however i have read much on psychic defense. Reading is not the same as doing however.
There are untold books on the subject, however they all have one thing in common there lies that underlining theme.
It is a good practice to try out various techniques and follow your intuition, and you will discover 'your own technique' is very much like other people

spiritual_aspirant
03-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Although I admire Dion Fortune's book about Psychic Self Defense, in my opinion there are newer books with techniques less dependent on religion. Some of Dion's techniques are too Christian in orientation and this may be a problem for those who belong to other religions.

Of all the books about the subject I have read, I would recommend "Psychic Self Defense for Home and Office" by Master Choa Kok Sui. The techniques taught in the book are independent of any particular religion and most are energy-based, so you will be able to verify the efficacy of the techniques.

redhand
03-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Dion Fortune's is the old standard for this but, I would also recommend Denning and Phillips version as well.

Enlilki
03-24-2009, 03:35 AM
Basically, psychic self defence is defending/protecting yourself against energies with a negative intent to it.
To do so you can use your own energy or draw in more energy to use, then with a specific intent let it surround yourself. Use whatever additions you like so long as you are capable with whatever level or energy work you are doing.

Thats how I see the situation and that's pretty much how I do things.

I think the method is quite universal, doesn't point towards any religion and doesn't require any fancy rituals.

abyss_mystic
04-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Personally I've never had much bother i think I was fitted with psychic virus protection when I was born. When I feell something intrusive the shadowy part of my mind responds aggressively to any outside interference.

Crooked wand
10-30-2012, 10:19 PM
I personally like Fortunes book. Although some of the language is christian there is no reason why the method cannot be adapted for use with other divine names and symbols.

ODIN
10-31-2012, 07:50 AM
Dion Fortune's book should be in everyone's library.