PDA

View Full Version : Energy Working Exercises

Saeiane
01-25-2009, 06:20 AM
I no longer wish to contribute to this forum, my apologies, but I'll be removing anything that was my own work (Essays, pathworkings, training exercises, and the like.)

Since Lady Dunsany has left these forums, they have decayed and degenerated, in my opinion. I see no one and nothing left of the greatness that I saw when I first arrived. Goodbye everyone.

S33k3R
01-25-2009, 07:06 AM
Question.

You've mentioned that the visualization of energy should come from the chest area.

I've done various martial arts and Tai-chi over the years and all of them have taught that the "Hara", (for Japanese arts) or "Tan'tien", (Chinese) is the locus of the body's energy and resides in the lower abdomen.

Interestingly, the Japanese ritual of Seppuku, (also known, incorrectly, as Hari-Kiri...ritual suicide), involves slashing the lower abdomen open, thus symbolically destroying seat of the warriors power.

Invariably, anyone who works with energy knows this. So I'm curious...is the energy that you can raise from the chest area different from the lower abdomen? I've never worked with the different Chakras, but I realize that there are different "locuses of energy" within the body...why specifically the chest?

Saeiane
01-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Question.

You've mentioned that the visualization of energy should come from the chest area.

I've done various martial arts and Tai-chi over the years and all of them have taught that the "Hara", (for Japanese arts) or "Tan'tien", (Chinese) is the locus of the body's energy and resides in the lower abdomen.

Interestingly, the Japanese ritual of Seppuku, (also known, incorrectly, as Hari-Kiri...ritual suicide), involves slashing the lower abdomen open, thus symbolically destroying seat of the warriors power.

Invariably, anyone who works with energy knows this. So I'm curious...is the energy that you can raise from the chest area different from the lower abdomen? I've never worked with the different Chakras, but I realize that there are different "locuses of energy" within the body...why specifically the chest?

Though, it can be debated that the energy comes from your lower abs or stomach area. When in doubt, go with what you know and what feels right.

I simply said chest because it was how I was taught to do this exercise, when I gather from my lower abdomen, the energy has more of a fiery taste to it, figuratively speaking. From my chest it feels more like life-energy, air oriented. Being a gemini myself, air energy for me is easier to work with.
:)

S33k3R
01-25-2009, 07:36 AM
fair enough...makes sense.

Another thought also crossed my mind. As the energy raising exercises I've been taught all have a martial bent to them, it would make sense to utilize the energy most applicable to the context. In my case combat.

As you noted...the energy raised from the lower abdomen has a "fiery taste"...indeed it does, and I like it like that ;) No point in raising a passive and airy energy unless your negotiating with your opponent as opposed to dealing damage.

For the purposes of your exercises...the chest is just cool I suppose.

PS: I'm Aries...gotta love that fiery feeling

Saeiane
01-25-2009, 08:24 AM
haha, too right. A while ago I started mixing my energy working with my choi kwan do practice. I'd draw my energy from that area and use it to empower the attacks. One technique I utilized allowed the energy to empower the shockwave, which caused a lot more damage than normal, I heard about a few martial arts that used this technique as well, but they seem to do it a little differently than I do.

Fun though isn't it ? Combat practice to raise energy works wonderfully.

S33k3R
01-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Do yourself a massive favor. If you are interested in energy work and Martial Arts...get involved in Tai-chi.

Believe me, its a lot more than little old ladies muppeting about in the park to keep the knees from locking up...I've been thrown across Dojo's by more than one "little old lady".

Its also one of the fastest ways I've found to destroy the ego...being tossed around by grandma is an experience I recommend to anyone who wishes a new perspective on life. :o

isis
01-26-2009, 01:41 AM
i will try them but i am going to look and study them more befor i try the all the way thorw

Odin
01-26-2009, 03:08 PM
This the simplest ways of getting in touch with and recognizing first one's own energy and knowing and the ability to sense other energies that can be around you

This will also aide in feeling the vibrations of say crystals

Harlock
01-30-2009, 08:19 AM
well written! infortantly my energy centers are messed up right now and I am trying to fix them (personal reasons) so i can only create half my usual size of an energy ball and maintain it, but anyway this is very well written

Saeiane
01-30-2009, 11:09 PM
I see, if I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, meditate a bit and focus on your chakras, let them bloom and spin clockwise for a few minutes to help get everything in balance, as well as that. Feel the flow of your body's energy through your veins and sort of feel the circulation ease up and such.

That always helps me :)

Saeiane
05-19-2009, 02:38 AM
Energy morphing is a visualization exercise, but it helps to strengthen the amounts of energy you can control and focus on at one time. Or was there something specific you were confused about?

Rezenic
05-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Hey Saeiane, do you mind if I join and post some of the methods that I work with as well? I was thinking on starting a thread like this, and then found yours. It's very informative. I started similarly to this though my sources weren't as nicely written. I've been training in energy combat for a little while now, and think that I could add to what you have.

VIRAL
05-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Here's a very strong energy raising practice: Stay completely motionless and let the energy build up in you. It should build quickly.
This practice is used by practitioners of "Eismagie" or "ice magic".

S33k3R
05-23-2009, 04:14 AM
Interesting...when I'm out in the desert I do an elemental meditation...Imagine my spine is tap root leading deep into the earth, Feel the warmth of the sun and raise fire...water is a bit difficult...'cus I'm in a desert see.

Now, with wind I tend to do something a bit different...I feel the wind blowing, (and always sit with the wind on my face...else it blows my longish hair around...which just irritates me). and then I imagine myself to be so light and unsubstantial that I feel the wind blow through me.

Instead of raising air or wind energy...I prefer to merge with the existing wind. Try it out...its quite cool actually:cool:

Saeiane
05-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey Saeiane, do you mind if I join and post some of the methods that I work with as well? I was thinking on starting a thread like this, and then found yours. It's very informative. I started similarly to this though my sources weren't as nicely written. I've been training in energy combat for a little while now, and think that I could add to what you have.

Of course friend, feel free. ^^ No need to ask permission. Contributions are always welcome.

That's a very interesting way of working with energy, Viral. I've done some things close to that, but it's more been along the lines of raising the energy while remaining motionless and turning it into giant swirling whirlwinds of power.. Very rejuvenating.

Rezenic
05-23-2009, 11:48 AM
My energy work is in the way of combat. One of the ways that I train with energy in endurance training. What I mean by this is one of two things. The first is a matter on constantly condensing my aura and any natural energy around me. I do this by imagining the energy being pressurized and getting more and more condensed around a specific area, usually around my body. At first, it's fairly easy, but the longer you hold the energy and the more you condense, the more difficult it gets. It's a great exercise in focus and teaches you to focus on more than one thing at once especially when your condensing different elements. The end of that one is fun because you get to let it blast outward, and see how powerful your attack would be.

The second method of endurance training for me is working and molding the elements. As mentioned above, I train for combat, so I create various techniques with different energies that will help me when I need them. This is an example, but is as good an exercise as any. Gather wind and fire energy and combine them into heat energy. Focus the heat in a specific area until you can feel a positive or negative charge around your body. When you feel that you've built the heat to the right level, release the energy as electric energy in the form of a lightning bolt. Combining various elements can be incredibly helpful, though it took me some practice to get used to using them together and not apart. I guess this part of the endurance training is more two-fold than the other. But anyway, with the lightning, I will see how many I can fire off in short amount of time or how long I can keep it going.

aroguespirit
07-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Question.

I noticed that after this post the mention of Tai-Chi and combative arts come up often. So, I decided to add to the list.

I went through Massage School and we had to study Shiatsu, Tai-chi, Chakra work, and other forms of energy work. (Let me tell you, when you can have a class in high school where people don't look at you funny when you say I am going to the back of the room to meditate. ;) ) I also use energy when doing Stick fighting bouts.

When we were learning massage the teachers would always go into energy, which made me a happy pagan. Though that involved the exchange of energy and we always let energy touch our skin. *Shrug*

crowley666
01-27-2010, 03:04 AM
wow, you guys gaveme a mental workout, goodnight everyone. Thanks for putting up with me, I learned alot today.

Cartoon Character
07-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Question.

The energy stored in the lower dan tian (navel or just below) is Jing, the energy of the middle dan tian (chest area) is Qi "proper", and the energy of the upper dan tian (Yintang or approximate 3rd Eye center) is Shen. The energies will have different qualities (because they're different), but the lower dan tian is the main energy store house of the body, so you may get stronger results by seeing and feeling the energy circulating and projecting from this area.

Taiji Quan was mentioned in this thread too, and yes, it can do remarkable things for one's energetic development, provided one has a good teacher and is wiling to work. One thing people either forget or don't realize in the first place is that Taiji (Tai Chi) is Daoist kung fu and not some purely meditative practice or Qigong system. All kung fu develops fantastic energetic skills, whether the styles are Daoist or Shaolin Buddhist, but the Daoist systems like Taiji tend to be "softer" (not so much with Xing Yi) and the kung fu often is the Qigong. Shaolin systems tend to be "harder" in general, and Buddhist Qigong is characteristically more forceful than the Daoist variety. Either way, training in an authentic and traditional Chinese martial system will usually do far more for one's energy and skill in this area in much less time than just studying energetic practice in most magickal systems.