PDA

View Full Version : Changes in personality

IckWicky
05-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Hey all, ive been on the path ( lbrp almost daily and yoga) for about 7 or 8 months and i ve been experiencing some rather intense changes in consciousness mood patterns and behaviour... For example, positive emotions have become rather intense, strong emotions of love and excitement, strength of will and body. Also my creative faculties have become very much enhanced, along with the appearance of charm and amazing eloquence in speech. I feel these abilities set me apart and i stand out amongst my friends... Is it safe and sensible to allow these qualities to express themselves naturally? or must i curb them ? and in either case why?

IckWicky
05-21-2012, 04:22 PM
basically is it alright to express myself in this way?

Deus_Ex_Asmo
05-24-2012, 02:44 AM
Is it alright to express yourself in that way? That's fantastic. You shouldn't "curb" your "faculties" for any reason; I don't see why you would want to impair yourself. You're not hurting anyone, and as long as you're not pretentious all your talents shouldn't get in the way of anything.

I'm glad your life has picked up. =) I wish you the best of luck with everything you do.

Strider
05-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Hey all, ive been on the path ( lbrp almost daily and yoga) for about 7 or 8 months and i ve been experiencing some rather intense changes in consciousness mood patterns and behaviour... For example, positive emotions have become rather intense, strong emotions of love and excitement, strength of will and body. Also my creative faculties have become very much enhanced, along with the appearance of charm and amazing eloquence in speech. I feel these abilities set me apart and i stand out amongst my friends... Is it safe and sensible to allow these qualities to express themselves naturally? or must i curb them ? and in either case why?

Regardless of the Path taken, what you`re doing with esoteric training - initially at least - is poking your "subconscious" with a sharp stick. This results in a major stir-up of one`s psyche, and said results are manifold - from mild confusion, to the oft-mentioned "dark night of the soul". The trick, or one, would be to allow this process of abstraction to tease out the various aspects of ones character, and to eventually/ultimately understand and integrate the forms revealed into some semblance of a whole.... - then you can go about dismantling it all again :D

Sorry for being "vague" etc - all the best, no matter what...........

Oh, and concerns of how one relates to environmental/other people factors are indicative of ego-level forms - and these will pass as one progressess.:)

IckWicky
05-26-2012, 08:56 AM
why thank you, my good friends for the extremely sound advice... i didnt get a reply early enough on this thread so i went to my yoga ashram and he told me exactly the same things... i am more powerful and less restricted as a consequence. and by the way i have already passed an extremely dark night of the soul, and i have come out on top.

IckWicky
05-26-2012, 09:08 AM
and strider what do you mean by ego level forms?