PDA

View Full Version : How do I contact my future selF?

Nix
01-29-2009, 07:19 PM
I wanna contact my future self ,the one who is a success and ask him what I should do now in order for me to be like him.Any thoughts on this?

Lady Dunsany
01-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Well as we speak it is the present and now it is the past and therefore by the time you go to the future it is already the past. Contact your past self so you will not mess up in the future.

Nix
01-30-2009, 04:29 AM
Well as we speak it is the present and now it is the past and therefore by the time you go to the future it is already the past. Contact your past self so you will not mess up in the future.
"He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future conquers the past. " - George Orwell
Any tips on how I can actually do this?

ArrowheadEX
01-30-2009, 05:08 AM
get a black mirror or dish of water with black food coloring, flank with two candles (choose a color that makes you think of the future) then look into the mirror and look for the future self within your reflection.

might take some time, if you get impatient stop and do 20 min of meditation a day for 7 days then try again. :D hope that was helpful.

Nix
01-30-2009, 10:15 AM
get a black mirror or dish of water with black food coloring, flank with two candles (choose a color that makes you think of the future) then look into the mirror and look for the future self within your reflection.

might take some time, if you get impatient stop and do 20 min of meditation a day for 7 days then try again. :D hope that was helpful.

Is this a tried and tested method?

Lady Dunsany
01-30-2009, 10:17 AM
What you must know is the mirror ritual will unfortunately show your past lives also, so it is a hit and miss to know what is future or what is past. I have seen the future and the most simple way is to envision a window and see the window stare through the window and ask that you see your future. The hard part about this is the past can look like the future, so it will take concentration as ArrowheadEx stated. You are the only one that can know this. If you believe in your spirit guide you can also ask them to show you your future in a dream. Good luck. I must caution you if you make contact you may not like what you see and it could depress you especially if it is not a happy picture.

Nix
01-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks Lady Dunsany I will give it a try.

ArrowheadEX
01-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Is this a tried and tested method?

ya... its called scrying

Nix
01-30-2009, 10:54 AM
ya... its called scrying

Allrighty then :cool:

Nix
02-02-2009, 07:13 PM
I don't think it is a great idea to try to contact one's future self. The reason being that you would have to figure out which future self you wanted to contact and that is allowing for their being a palpable future to contact. The future is more or less unformed probability just waiting to see what the precursor variables are going to be. It is the blank spot at the end of the equation.

Well I want a method by which I can contact my future self among all of my future selves which is the most successful in the material and spiritual plane and ask it what I need do now to reach there.Is there any method that can achieve this?:confused:

Lady Dunsany
02-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Not if you are going to try to separate them, in this instance you really do not have a choice.
You will see what is meant for you to see. There have been some good advice given here, you can see your future self in the astral realm but why not let things unfold naturally.

Nix
02-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Not if you are going to try to separate them, in this instance you really do not have a choice.
You will see what is meant for you to see. There have been some good advice given here, you can see your future self in the astral realm but why not let things unfold naturally.

Hello Lady Dunsany,
I don't know if I am on the right track.I am not sure that the path I am walking now is the one that will lead me me to health,wealth and happiness.So I basically wanted to ask my future self what I should do now.I have tried to follow the way of the Tao and let things unfold and go with the flow but somehow I like to be in control of the situation.I have made some wrong decisions in life in my past and don't want to make any more wrong decisions.

Lady Dunsany
02-02-2009, 07:48 PM
I can sympathize with you wanting to know. The sad part about this is our future self will lie to us and not tell us what the true deal is so to speak. When you go to sleep at night since you are so determined ask that you will travel in the astral realm and will be shown your future self. It may take a few tries but you will see. Good luck.

Gazeeboh
02-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Just imagine yourself in the future, how you want to be. Invoke that guy. Make some weird thought form of you and get totally possesed by it.

Vir Sapiens had it right when he talked about the different future yous. Time is done with already. You have to understand that all events are happening, have happened, have yet to happen, and both will and won't happen, simultaneously. It's a bit like above/below.

So anyways, your thinking along the lines of lines when you gotta think of this as a mist ocean in space that isn't ever all the way formed but it's still whole. That doesn't make any sense, and it shouldn't.

Basically you have to just be awesome and make your own success and can not rely on some future you to have done all the work.

If its just guidance you seek, I will gladly lead you astray and fill you with my personal ideas, as will everyone else, both human, animal, spirit, plant, rock and panda. Good luck!

Nix
02-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks Lady Dunsany and Gazeeboh I really appreciate the advice I have been given.