PDA

View Full Version : Enochian magic and you

Gazeeboh
07-07-2008, 10:45 PM
John Dee and Edward Kelly.

What a pair. One was a scientificly minded occultist and the other was probably a con-artist with a mystical bent.

As we all know, they sat down together a couple of times and chatted with some Angels. These Angels talked through Kelly mostly, and appeared in a scrying surface for Dee to look at. Eventually they taught them Enochian (named after Enoch) and the systems to call them up.

It becomes apparent that the Angels were really just giving them instructions on how to bring about the apocolypse. The Enochian angels say it several times but of course they use the oft times flowery language that we find in Occultism. How Dee missed this is hard to understand.

At any rate, they basically tell us to open up the watchtower gates from the inside, to let Choronzon in and kill all of us. It's an excellerated spiritual evolution of sorts. I can see its good points, but it doesn't jive with me.

I never did trust angels.

Whats everyones view on this?

Harlock
07-08-2008, 07:16 AM
chances are those werent angels...well ones that serve heaven, you forget that in the book of enoch there was a group of fallen angels that left heaven to teach men the arts and make bed with women, later they were destroyed along with their children that were giants, though i believe that this story is misconstruide, plus also demons are famous at lying, and could imitate an angel if they chose, and lucifer has been working on the apocalypse for a long while, even some of his cronies are trying to get it to happen on their own, i dont believe it was angels, and sit along side them, and understand their policies, this doesnt sound like them, besides angels would have more to lose if the apocalypse started they were renegades probally

Gazeeboh
07-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Very true, it could have been demons I suppose.
I'd like to think Dee would have been smart enough to catch that though.
When dealing with workings of such magnitude its always nice to check and re-check your sources.

Maybe it was nyarlothep?

I'm more of the Luciferian school of thought when it comes to devils and demons. I'd also rather subscribe to the pre-juedochristian concept of a "deamon". Which is of course just a messenger.

Either way, Enochian magick to me sounds like bad news for those of us who like things the way they are.

Harlock
07-08-2008, 07:47 PM
its ancient magick its also one way of getting heavens wrath on you, if you use some forms of it, (mostly all of it) and chances are it was probally one probally dating back to before christ because enochs magick was very....used at the time, according to some theories that it was handed down to humans by the angels i spoke about in my last post "the watchers" they were called, but this gives you a time frame of at least how old the demon or daemon (the old greek or latin spelling i forget which) must be but youre right i wouldnt recogmend anyone into looking into it, you could endanger not only yourself but the ones you care about also

Frater A.S.
07-18-2008, 08:21 PM
its ancient magick its also one way of getting heavens wrath on you, if you use some forms of it, (mostly all of it) and chances are it was probally one probally dating back to before christ because enochs magick was very....used at the time, according to some theories that it was handed down to humans by the angels i spoke about in my last post "the watchers" they were called, but this gives you a time frame of at least how old the demon or daemon (the old greek or latin spelling i forget which) must be but youre right i wouldnt recogmend anyone into looking into it, you could endanger not only yourself but the ones you care about also

ok who wrote this cause this is a load of crap, pls continue, im dying to hear the end of this stroy

Harlock
07-19-2008, 05:03 AM

ok who wrote this cause this is a load of crap, pls continue, im dying to hear the end of this stroy

i know its a load of crap trust me i have no doubt in my mind that at least 99% of it is false heres a site if your interested in seeing how some people descided to paint magick being taught to humans www.biblegateway.com believe me i checked this sites legitmacy and it passes, its bassicly a online bible database, so as much as i believe is that demons taught humans a very dark form of magick in this particular case

Vampmisstress969
07-31-2008, 09:19 PM
I Deeply Enjoy night things and I always will and I like the light as well, But Demons luv them. Now no one has a right to say if they r real or not I fight with my other half all the time he says theres no such things......but think Devil didnt he make them........I've done alot of reading warewolf, vampire, demons all they all grab my soul......just as much as mother nature does, just because I like or chose to believe in them should not make me a bad person should it?

Harlock
08-01-2008, 05:42 AM
your not wrong to like them to want to understand them, but becareful demons will always stab you in the back, others tend to be more loyal, but remember who they were created by, Lucifer and his fallen angels, they care not for your safety, i havent run into one instance in which they havent stabbed a person in the back for a deal,

Gazeeboh
08-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Demons and Angels are both self-serving assholes.

As are we all, ourselves, everyone of us.

As humans though, we are pretty much at the mercy of believing whatever it is these dis-incarnate entities have to say. Check it...

Sorcerer - "Spirit in the triangle, what is your name?"
Spirit - " Uhhh, dude, its umm, Raphael? *snicker* *muffled giggle*"
Sorcerer- "Does your name and rank line up with my charts I made up?"
Spirit - "Oh yeah, like, totally. Let me teach you Enochian magick lulz"
Sorcerer - "Quick get a pen, this is super important God **** to save us"

And so it came to pass...

isis
08-02-2008, 11:17 PM
i would like to know more

Harlock
08-03-2008, 10:02 AM
i would like to know more

about which subject about the article weve been discussing or one of the various spin offs weve booted into the conversation

isis
08-07-2008, 08:38 PM
both would be cool but if not the article would be ok.

Harlock
08-08-2008, 02:26 AM
both would be cool but if not the article would be ok.

i think the best way for you to find out more is go to biblegateway.com and type in the search bar watchers, if that doesnt work try fallen angels, or enoch

as much as i can think of chances are these may have been one of those watchers, according to legend they are supposed to be very tricky and would like nothing more than to "pay" god back for casting them asunder, they also dont serve heaven or hell they are a...wild card, they can serve both, which can be both bad or good, obviously, well happy hunting

isis
08-11-2008, 12:39 AM
thinks i will check it out.

Lady Dunsany
09-11-2008, 10:56 AM
They are what some called fallen angels not the angels with the wings and the harps. They look to us to help them evolve and ascend. Just because they are called angels doesn't mean they can not be overwhelming powerful and sometimes dangerous.

redhand
09-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Edward Kelley was Dr. John Dee's medium of his crystal scryer, the alchemist and necromancer. Enochian magic is the system of theurgy, or angel magic, communicated to the Elizabethan mathematician, geographer, astrologer and magician, Dr. John Dee. By a hierarchy of spiritual intelligences who identified themselves as the same angels that had instructed the biblical patriarch Enoch in the occult wisdom of heaven.

Enoch is the fabled author of a number of mystical and magical texts that deal largely with the fallen angels of God, known collectively as the Watchers, whose task it was to watch over humanity from the four Watchtowers at the corners of creation. These Watchers observed that human women were beautiful and lusted after them. A group of Watchers, led by an angel known by a variety of names, among them Azazel, descended to the earth and adopted material forms so that they could dwell with mortal women. Their consorts bore them sons and daughters who were half-human and half-angelic.

Dee made multiple copies of these records of his experiments. A portion of them, concerning the Angelic Calls, Tablets and Liber Scientiae, were acquired with Dee’s library by Robert Cotton. This part was published in Casaubon’s A True and Faithful Relation. The earlier portions concerning the Heptarchy and Liber Loagaeth came to light by a more roundabout means.

In later years, Dee apparently decided to conceal his magical records in a hidden compartment of a large cedar chest he possessed. After his death the chest was purchased from his estate and passed through several owners. The hidden documents were not discovered until around 1662, and found their way into the hands of Elias Ashmole in 1672. Mr. Ashmole’s collection passed eventually to the British Library.

Given the bare-bones nature of the original Enochian material, magicians have to improvise extensively to make it into an effective general-purpose magical system. The history of the system’s use is a history of innovation. Every magician or group that has used it extensively has added their own distinct character to it, taking it in a direction at least slightly different from anyone else. It has evolved as the viewpoints of its users have evolved, and seems perfectly capable of adapting to many viewpoints without stress.

Personally I have used a combination of Paul Hughs Barlow's methods and ideas by the Schueler's with great success. Though the same method also brings about Goetic and 231 Spirits.

Although the student of Enochian magick is initially faced with the often-bewildering complexity of its structure. Studying the published manuscript records of John Dee and Edward Kelly can be more confusing than helpful and often yields information that is at variance with the chief expositors of the system: the Golden Dawn and Aleister Crowley. The Golden Dawn system offers elegant solutions to many of Enochian magick’s seeming incongruities, but these often differ with instructions given by the Angels in Spirit Actions received by Dee and Kelly and sometimes with essential details in the delivered materials themselves. Later reconstructionists such as the Aurum Solis and Donald Tyson address some of these problems but leave many of them unsatisfactorily resolved.

Many who look at the Necronomicon may find some interesting connections. Mr. Schueler state that Enochian magick is "the powerful system of Magick used by Aleister Crowley, and the Golden Dawn, and of the Necronomicon, to contact intelligences from other dimensions." John Dee is said to have made the only known English translation of the Necronomicon. It has been suggested that Dee may have first established contact with the Enochian entities using Magick adapted from the Necronomicon. The Enochian system has many parallels with HPL. Schueler asserts that the Enochian tradition proposes the existence of a God or Force which is the manifestation of Infinite Space similar to Crowley's Nuit and HPL's Yog-Sototh. Schueler also contends that The Divine manifestation of the nuclear point at the center of infinity (equivalent to Hadit or Azathoth) is also important to Enochian magick. The Enochian Keys state that the wold is nearing an eon spanning Cycle in which Ancient Gods will return to there throne and the world will be forever changed. These keys also mention an imprisoned dragon (Cthulhu?) The fact that the keys are in an unearthly language said to predate mankind is in itself very Lovecraftian.

Lady Dunsany
09-11-2008, 10:36 PM
I could read your posts all day. Once again brilliant.

redhand
09-12-2008, 10:13 PM
I could read your posts all day. Once again brilliant.

Thanks, I'm a fan of these two! Did you know that Dr John Dee was the real 007?

The Earl of Leicester, Robert Dudley (the Queen's favorite), was the first man, according to Dodd to license a band of players for dramatic purposes. Without a license, acting was illegal in Elizabeth's England. It was through Leicester's sphere of influence, that a young Francis Bacon had developed interest in drama and the theater while getting the opportunity to know James Burbage, the first man to build a theater in England. Bacon would also get to meet in the Court circles the man who had tutored Leicester and advised Elizabeth on matters of state -the man whom Ian Fleming modeled his 007 James Bond character on, the first and perhaps the best secret agent of the crown, Dr.John Dee.

Another possibility, according to astrologer Rob Hand, is that - rather than signing his letters to the Queen with the numbers 007 - John Dee's secret signature may have instead been a glyph word picture depicting a pair of handheld eyeglasses that looked like the numbers 007.

John Dee was a fascinating genius, considered a magus, philosopher and alchemist who captured the attention of the royal courts and best minds throughout Europe. You were either intimidated by his ideas and reputation or you wished to be influenced by them. It has only been in the last century that we've had a more sober approach to Dee, thanks to such authors as Peter French, Francis Yates, Gerald Shuster and Richard Deacon who have rescued this "man of grand design" from obscurity and have realized how significant a thinker he was.

Dr. Dee's learning was far and wide, a brilliant mathematician, whose study ranged from geo-cartography and calculus which was vital in navigating the New World for explorers, to astrology, alchemy, the Cabala, cypher writing, religion, architecture, and science. In short, Dee's metaphysics were a 'red' cross of the Hermetic tradition with a strong dose of mathematics. His library at the riverside village of Mortlake was considered the finest private collection in Europe containing thousands of bound books and handwritten manuscripts devoted to philosophy, science and esoterica. In comparison the University of Cambridge at the time had a mere 451 total books and manuscripts in their possession.

Nix
01-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Many who look at the Necronomicon may find some interesting connections. Mr. Schueler state that Enochian magick is "the powerful system of Magick used by Aleister Crowley, and the Golden Dawn, and of the Necronomicon, to contact intelligences from other dimensions." John Dee is said to have made the only known English translation of the Necronomicon. It has been suggested that Dee may have first established contact with the Enochian entities using Magick adapted from the Necronomicon. The Enochian system has many parallels with HPL. Schueler asserts that the Enochian tradition proposes the existence of a God or Force which is the manifestation of Infinite Space similar to Crowley's Nuit and HPL's Yog-Sototh. Schueler also contends that The Divine manifestation of the nuclear point at the center of infinity (equivalent to Hadit or Azathoth) is also important to Enochian magick. The Enochian Keys state that the wold is nearing an eon spanning Cycle in which Ancient Gods will return to there throne and the world will be forever changed. These keys also mention an imprisoned dragon (Cthulhu?) The fact that the keys are in an unearthly language said to predate mankind is in itself very Lovecraftian.
I recall now that Donald Tyson used some Enochian in his 'Grimoire of the Necronomicon'.I want to know is can Enochian magick be blended with other systems of magick like necromancy,goetia,voodoo etc etc?

Lady Dunsany
01-26-2009, 07:28 PM
I do not know about blending. I know some use only Enochian and would not even go to Goetia. The Goetia can be extremely dangerous as sometimes even saying their names out loud can bring what they represent down on you. I myself would not blend them and my order does not work with Goetia only Enochian. To each his own I guess.

Reinga
01-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Very intresting information redhand thanks alot.

kid kunjer
08-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Demons and Angels are both self-serving assholes.

yeah maybe they are in your reality tunnel. lol.

i think the 'spirit' world certainly reflects back at us what we shine at it. (don't take this as an attack gazeeboh; i like the way you think :) )

i've treated 'demons' with colleague-like respect and i've never had anything other than a good proffessional relationship with them.
'angels' on the other hand seem bent on burning my mind out with psychadelic explosions and third eye's retina scolding lights jetting out of their eyes like supernovas.

i wonder what that says about me... :confused: