PDA

View Full Version : Self Hypnosis and Magick

Deffy
02-06-2009, 02:00 AM
I've started working with a few self hypnosis mp3's and am noticing an increase in focus and concentration. I was wondering if anyone else has any experience with self-hypnosis and has any techniques or tips to share.

Not to sound like a plug, but I have been working with two self hypnosis tracks from hypnosis downloads.com, they also have a free self hypnosis course as well.

The two tracks work really well, and I'm beginning to be able to put myself into a trance.

yanatsu_petoryushu
02-06-2009, 04:58 PM
i did some self hypnosis from a book written by a guy named william w. hewitt...
i record the text and listen to it everyday

it makes me feel more self-confident...

Azzerac
02-13-2009, 06:53 AM
I've started working with a few self hypnosis mp3's and am noticing an increase in focus and concentration. I was wondering if anyone else has any experience with self-hypnosis and has any techniques or tips to share.

Not to sound like a plug, but I have been working with two self hypnosis tracks from hypnosis downloads.com, they also have a free self hypnosis course as well.

The two tracks work really well, and I'm beginning to be able to put myself into a trance.

You've touched on one of the most important aspect of Occultism: The ability to achieve an Alpha-State. It's relaxed & focused state.
The goal, though, is to get past the goal-oriented 'party-trick' level, and learn to achieve that state, on demand.
When mystics discuss the deep meditative states of yogi's & gurus, this is the state they're talking about.

I need to build some EEG sensors, for the classes I teach.
Thanks for reminding me.

Anyways: By using this technique, on the fly, one can edit reality models first hand, parsing away mental models as they conflict with the goal of the spell-working. By suppressing internal argument, one is not distracted by doubt.
Faith Increases. Will is unchallenged.
Go back to "Ordinary Consciousness" afterward, and No-Harm, No-Foul.
Check the results.

(Man, I've been doing this too long. ~L~)

Falhalterra
03-06-2009, 01:33 AM
You guys might find this hilarious, but I taught myself a little self-confidence self-hypnosis from "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Hypnosis." xD There's a paper in there with a spiral on it that is supposed to help one get hypnotised...but I stuck with this one technique with a penny and focus, and this was done during my Junior High years. Strangely, I was just wanting myself to regain confidence in order to be able to play a sport our PE was doing right. And I believe it worked, because the next day, I was able to play really well and I had tons of fun. :)

Then again, maybe believing in oneself helps? I do know that I can be easily hypnotised. I've tried many kinds of videos on Youtube for that.

witch2468
03-14-2009, 06:19 PM
I haven't worked with hypnosis but do affirmations and subliminal mp3s.

TInGTonG
03-17-2009, 08:31 AM
I am interested in self-hyponosis but I have never attempted it meself because no one explains how to do it in depth, if anybody could share some methods it will be much appreciated. Oh and uh, can self-hypnosis be used to make my appearance look different to meself?

I want mah arm to look like this:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/3919/004061444cx.jpg

Y Ddraig Goch
03-17-2009, 03:45 PM
I am interested in self-hyponosis but I have never attempted it meself because no one explains how to do it in depth, if anybody could share some methods it will be much appreciated. Oh and uh, can self-hypnosis be used to make my appearance look different to meself?

I want mah arm to look like this:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/3919/004061444cx.jpg

meh.... no wai... me wantz it first....

<----DMC fan.... (dmc = Devil May Cry)

sorry for the off-topic :D

jump
03-18-2009, 03:27 PM
As a general rule hypnosis only works if you are willing to be hypnotized and can only make you do or see something you are already inclined to do or see, so I would say that would be a no on the arm simply because it is too far beyond the norm of what your brain knows to be true.

The efficacy of hypnosis in general has been something of a hot topic amongst psychologists for quite some time. I think the best summation of it was given by Mr. George Joseph Kresge Jr., better known as the Amazing Kreskin, who once said "I am convinced that no person under 'hypnosis' has ever been asleep unless sent to that non-trance happy state by the lullaby drone of the guide. I am convinced that there is no such thing as a specific state, condition, trance--call it anything with any twist of semantics--that can be considered 'hypnosis'."

I am inclined to agree with him on this particular topic. I think that any success with hypnosis can be put down to the power of self suggestion as opposed to any trance state or implanted suggestion in the mind. that is to say whenever you decide to undergo hypnosis for whatever reaosn you are already willing to solve the problem and you believe that hypnosis will help. It is this belief that causes the change, not hypnosis.

That is interesting to me, today Im set to go to a hypnotist and pay 180 dollars for the session more than tat actually 280 I think anyhow its for confidence I really need to turn my life around and I could do with some steem to run on in all present and future endeavours, Im looking to return to sales as my preferred line of work and I could to with an edge hence the appointment was made, it seems when even giving directions as to where the place is, suggestion played a powerful role because I could hear (the hypnotherapists) voice in my head well after I arranged the appointment over the phone, does this mean that the same effect will be experianced after the session , Ill be hearing her voice whilst Im attending the job interview, while Im newly employed, while Im chatting up women etc etc?

We shall see....... .... ..... .....

Lady Dunsany
03-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Hypnotherapy never worked on me. I went to three different ones to stop smoking and they said i was a poor subject, so I gave it up.

Enlilki
03-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Being hypnotised doesn't work for all people, even if you're willing to go through with it.
To a point it should work... Vir Sapiens said
I think that any success with hypnosis can be put down to the power of self suggestion as opposed to any trance state or implanted suggestion in the mind. that is to say whenever you decide to undergo hypnosis for whatever reaosn you are already willing to solve the problem and you believe that hypnosis will help. It is this belief that causes the change, not hypnosis.

It makes sense, hypnotherapy in the wrong hands and dealing with a fragile mind can end up implanting memories, good or bad. This has the potential to change behaviour. Hypnosis itself is just a state of mind you enter, the rest is programming via repetitive positive/negative words or suggestions in a hopes that you will change.

Most people just try to think positive on a daily basis and eventually it changes behaviour... I think hypnosis might just skip a few steps and speed up the process.

jump
04-16-2009, 08:17 PM
I attended two of the three sessions that was alotted to me and sadly the effect only lasted me half of the remainder of the day of those two peviouse sessions, I was hoping to block out a girl I had a falling out with who lives on my street, I probably should have been more specific to the hypnotist I went to and mention what I wanted to happen, it seems any time Im out and and about and a hot chick catches my eye, it seems to serve as a nice distraction , (4give the unintended sleazyness that follows)wich I would much rather be in this type of distraction permanently if you know what I mean

Manbearpig
04-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Poke Runyon, in "The Book of Solomon's Magick", offers a nice and fairly quick technique for achieving altered consciousness and a level of self-hypnosis. It simply involves holding an unblinking fixed gaze. Doesn't work well if you wear contacts as it is more necessary to blink with contacts in your eyes.

There are so many techniques available and it's not difficult to make up your own. Descending an imaginary staircase, climbing down an imaginary ladder, anything taken in slow meaured steps into a "lower" state of consciousness.

One thing that blocks many people is the fact that a supreme state of physical relaxation is a pre-requisite. Pitfalls to perfect relaxation include the tongue, scalp muscles, groin muscles, and tiny muscles around the eyes. Once this relaxation is achieved and the body's "armor" is released, it makes any technique so much easier.