PDA

View Full Version : RPG Game

SWM
02-06-2009, 03:16 AM
I'm making an RPG video game, do any of you have any suggestions as to what the plot should be or what characters should be like? I already have a plan, but I can always make another one :D

isis
02-06-2009, 04:23 AM
lol good luck...

Fr_CV
02-06-2009, 06:16 AM
lol good luck...
Ditto.

Maube write a story, cut each few words away from the story, until you have a bunch of little words... fore xample one scrap says... "onc upon" and the other says " a time".... do that for the whiole story. So knows it all just words and phrases.

Here's the fun part.

Toss all those in the air, and randomlly rearrange them, leaving them where they fall.

Or try automatic writing.

Harlock
02-06-2009, 07:33 AM
most RPG evolve around a central conflict, for instance in Fall out 3 its been 200 years after nuclear bombs devastated the world, your father leaves you in a underground shelter city known as a vault, for mysterious reasons, upon exiting, you find only lawlessness, and that humanity is barely hanging on, and you are caught in the middle because all you wanted was something simple like finding your dad and asking why he left

and then amidst the central conflict theres always the side one, in fallout there is alot of crime, that you can either help in, or stop, or be neutral, your choice. and some odd love story gets put in there somehow. and usually each party member wants something else

so for instance

right out this

World history
"in the year 209 the barg army invaded and conquered the nation of orest,"

Central Conflict
what does the main character want
how is he/she going about getting it
who is battling the main character and why?

Side conflicts
<insert it here>

General Outline

and anything else you can think of but this should get u started

Lady Dunsany
02-06-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm making an RPG video game, do any of you have any suggestions as to what the plot should be or what characters should be like? I already have a plan, but I can always make another one :D

How about something urban, a demon fighter who lives underground with his army, and spends his days hibernating and his nights fighting demons. He needs no sleep no food to survive as he is half demon himself. This is the best I can do as I do not even know what a RPG video game.

Y Ddraig Goch
02-06-2009, 10:47 AM
How about something urban, a demon fighter who lives underground with his army, and spends his days hibernating and his nights fighting demons. He needs no sleep no food to survive as he is half demon himself. This is the best I can do as I do not even know what a RPG video game.

that is the same plot in Devil May Cry games... Dante the main protagonist is a son of a great demon Sprada and a human woman. and he keeps fighting demons... havent played the games for they are not for PC i think... but i remember the plot very well....

about RPG game ???? hm... i can think of something these days... and will try to make it unique. :) /cheers

SWM
02-07-2009, 06:16 AM
I have a beta set up.

"Dead Alone" Beta 1.0.

I chose a plot and topic that I both feel strongly about and have much experiance in. Zombies. I love zombie movies, games and music (see The Zombies on iTunes). Here's the plot so far.

Gatsby wakes up alone in a cave surrounded by Zombies. He has no idea where he is, no idea how he got there and no idea what to do. I have him fight some zombies and ext. I have yet to fill in fine details.

His dilema will be: Will he fight the Dead alone, or will he quest for others? My two main choices are a girl and her underground colony of humans, or a wandering gang of zombie hunters that takes Gatsby on as their leader.

He can always choose to trek alone, but this will almost certainly lead to death. I'm writing some diolouge as well as some questions and quests that other people will ask.

It should be fun, and take a while to make. I'm looking forward to seeing an end result, but it took me 3 days how to figure out the basics of the program, and 4 test RPGs to put to use all of the options/programing. It then took 6 hours to design the first level and 2 transition roads. I wasted a lot of time and scrapped a map that took an hour, and I lost a lot of time :S.

If you want I'll keep you updated. I'll find a way to distribute the beta's, or if any of you have any ideas on hosting in order to get some feedback, I would greatly apreciate it. Thanks guys :D

SWM
02-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Beta 1.1 is complete

level one is done, and so far its quite smashing.

SWM
02-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Just updating: beta 1.3 is done, and most if not all of the bugs from 1.1-2 have been fixed. Very smooth game play. ( I had 3 testers so far)

The file is too big to email or freehost, so unless I can find a way to host free games on the net, its a bit of a hassle to share with yall.

to do:
one more level developed
bugfix
animations
fine tuning

bug testing
player testing

edit

distribute