PDA

View Full Version : taoist talismans

yanatsu_petoryushu
02-06-2009, 01:00 PM
i am interested in taoist\onmyodo talismans...actually it's very hard to get some, frater mugen gave me some...

if anyone has some information about any talisman, even just one, you're welcome...i need them:D

thank you

Kouya
02-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Its actually very hard to obtain functional tailsmans from various Taoist lineages given they are firstly generally kept 'secret' as much as possible while those you may find around shown outwardly are quite 'low level' at best. Depending on what they are, they can also come with features such a capability to deactivate themselves when 'revealed'.

Fr_CV
02-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Welcome to Taoistsecret.com (http://www.taoistsecret.com/taoist.html)

yanatsu_petoryushu
02-06-2009, 01:45 PM
thank you...but the problem is that i cannot see clearly these images...

the few that i know really work (i have my own way of charging them, with mantras and sutras) but i am looking for more

i remember there was a chinese site with lots of those, but i couldn't read chinese...

Cartoon Character
12-04-2010, 09:48 AM
I know this is an old thread, but figured I'd see if anyone was still interested. Are you looking for existing, pre-made talismans, or do you want to make your own? I find that drawing talismans in the traditional manner helps me practice calligraphy, but I am not very skilled with written Chinese (especially fu, or mystical writing.) So, sometimes I'll write the bulk of the petition in English using more traditional tools/altar/ceremony/etc. and it seems to work pretty well, provided that I have properly charged and empowered what needs to be and the symbolism/intent is there.