PDA

View Full Version : What is your job?

Fr_CV
02-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Please share;

I need ideas, of what to do.

Also list any major qualifications needed...

Thanks.

Harlock
02-11-2009, 04:34 PM
what are you looking for? what are your interests? simiarily what do you enjoy doing? we can list off a bunch of jobs probally but none of which may be good for your talents. dont let your career choose you, let you choose your career

Lady Dunsany
02-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Are you working now? Are you still in school? What resonates with you?

Fr_CV
02-12-2009, 03:47 AM
This ought to be fun.

Private Military Contractor for Aegis Security

A qualified candidate should have at least four years of military training in a specialized or special operations capacity. Must be willing to travel. Foregin languages a plus. Good physical condition a must. A borderline sociopathic ability to rationalize the taking of human life on a semi regular basis is desirable.
No thnaks, i'm already discharged from military service, i've done my part.. LOL

Now i need to know what to do next.. I do enjoy writing, and mostly reading.

isis
02-12-2009, 04:30 AM
i am in school right now to finsh up my medical dagree and hopfuly work in a OB clinc... and all i need to finsh is my EKG certication, Phablamy, and Coding...

Artemis
02-12-2009, 10:06 PM
I am a defects clerk in a warehouse for a women's catalog company. However I will be laid off by September or before, most likely, as we were bought out and they are moving the business to another state. So then my occupation will be unemployed.

Fr_CV
02-12-2009, 10:46 PM
I am a defects clerk in a warehouse for a women's catalog company. However I will be laid off by September or before, most likely, as we were bought out and they are moving the business to another state. So then my occupation will be unemployed.

Sorry to here that...

Hm, I still need to find a job. I was thinking maybe masonry or maybe something with writing...

Lady Dunsany
02-12-2009, 10:49 PM
I am a writer and co own two forums. I am sorry Artemis. I hope things work out for you.

Artemis
02-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Thanks Fr_CV and Lady Dunsany. I am sure it will all be good.

SWM
02-13-2009, 12:45 AM
This ought to be fun.

Private Military Contractor for Aegis Security

A qualified candidate should have at least four years of military training in a specialized or special operations capacity. Must be willing to travel. Foregin languages a plus. Good physical condition a must. A borderline sociopathic ability to rationalize the taking of human life on a semi regular basis is desirable.

Gun for hire? In one of the Model UN conferences I went to, we made legislation on privet military firms. Personaly, I think it would be fun. I want to be a NAVY diver, so swim swim swim for me. Think I have a use in a PMF?

Fr_CV
02-13-2009, 01:24 AM
I was thinking maybe with setting up band setups for theatres and such... like in music - getting the amps done, and sound tests and such....

Whata re those people called? haha

Fr_CV
02-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Maybe. It depends on the company. Pirate interdiction in Africa is a booming business, those are usually boarding actions though. That is one upside to being green collar. Right now I have job security. As a Navy diver though you could get on with salvage firms and shipping firms easy as a repair or rigging diver. Make about as good a living with a lot less getting shot at.

I think you're thinking of a Roadie there.

haha, hopefully those are in much need... lol

toadbile
02-13-2009, 02:15 AM
"Hm, I still need to find a job. I was thinking maybe masonry or maybe something with writing... " This reminds me of Buffalo Bill at the job counselor: "According to our tests you should either be a hairdresser or kill a couple of thousand buffalo." (some auld Far Side cartoon)

Bricklaying is good work if you don't mind conspiring to take over the world in your off hours. Once i have been unemployed for a few months i will apply to strangle puppies at the (In)Humane Society, so i could do masonary work, but i will not lower my standards by joining a union.

Fr_CV
02-13-2009, 02:20 AM
haha... very interesting.

Harlock
02-13-2009, 04:20 AM
the people that set up stages for band are stage managers they make great money and are always needed, military experiance is definitly a plus, check out youre local theatres and see what they got. i should also mention that job security is pretty good, but right now in these times that isnt saying much of course

and hope everything works out for you artemis, good news is by september there should be alot of aid starting to flow through the system so you may get lucky and find it easy to get a job who knows either way good luck