PDA

View Full Version : Seeing through closed eyelids

ormagus
02-13-2009, 06:07 PM
I've had this happen four times by now.
The first time I took nothing.
The second time I smoked DMT and took monoatomic gold.
The third and fourth times I didn't take anything.

I'm pretty sure my eyes were closed.
Yet I saw just as if my eyes were open.

I think it might have been my light or astral body becomeing active?

SWM
02-13-2009, 10:06 PM
I do this sometimes. Personaly? I think I'm seeing my erethric body.

SWM
02-13-2009, 11:05 PM
but what about me :P

ormagus
02-14-2009, 12:25 PM
So how do I do it again without taking anything like it happened spontaneously the three times it happened like that?

SWM
02-14-2009, 02:33 PM
stop doing the drugs and learn some meditation?

Magiër
02-14-2009, 03:16 PM
There is a scientific explanation to this, it is nothing supernatural, the original Occult Forums had a post about it with explanation in it, i forgot how it is called tho.

ormagus
02-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Learn some meditation. Fine. Just how do you do it? Just sit down and think of nothing doesn't do it. I can't 'will' this, it either happens or doesn't.
Now I understand in meditation the brain chemistry can change and this could induce this 'naturally' but meditation is a word with a broad range of experiences.

Magiër
02-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Ok, so let me repeat,

"There is a scientific explanation to this, it is nothing supernatural"

It has something to do with your brain thinking your eyes are still open and giving you a real looking mental picture as if you are looking trough your eyes closed, or from another point of view in your room or something like that.
Ive had this happening a couple of times when i try to get to sleep, it can happen to anyone naturally, no synthetics or whatever needed.
Its just i forgot the damn scientific name for this stuff, there's even a wiki entry if im correct on this.

ormagus
02-15-2009, 12:44 PM
I saw just like with my eyes open, movin reality, not still images but I saw people move in front of me and was walking in my garden with closed eyes.

PerfectCell
02-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Nothing wrong with taking hallucinogenic drugs to aide or just for fun. They've been used by our ancestors since the dawn of time..

If you rely on psychic or magic powers through only pure drug use... Won't work out for you.

Gazeeboh
02-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Hi, drugs are cool but they have agendas of their own. If you can use them and get what you want without succumbing to their will, good. However plants and chemicals (lab made) have spirits of their own and plans for you. They give you gifts but take what they want.

I see with my eyes closed all the time when I'm asleep. Sometimes when I'm just sitting there. You have to look beyond the usual visual distortions. It's like there is a thick black fog of colors and beyond are wonderfully vivid and sharp visions.

Bokeh
02-23-2009, 11:57 PM
I suggest some people read the question again. A few have jumped into anti-drug preaching mode. Keep in mind that shamans have been conducting legitimate, drug aided practices for millennia.

However, even Peter Carroll - a chaos magician who emphasises freedom over dogma, and considers black magic a necessary element of practice - recommends against using drugs. They make you messy. You wouldn't get drunk before running a marathon.

Anyway - Back to the question at hand. I have had this phenomena happen a few times myself. I find it interesting, as I usually have trouble visualising during meditation, and this happens without me even trying.

It's happened about 3 times in waking consciousness, and I tried it in a lucid dream the other night. Each time I've been awake I have been in bed about to fall asleep. I don't actually realise I have my eyes closed until I roll over and I see something out of place - eg a different coloured bedside table, with different objects on it. I then take stock that my eyes are actually closed. I can turn my head around and see as though they were opened, although it doesn't last long after I realise.
In the lucid dream, I cupped my hands over my eyes specifically to test it out. I could still see the garden I was in. Then I completely left the garden environment and had no body. All I could see was an endless flat grid of a single hebrew character, shimmering in black, grey and white. I thought that was pretty cool...

And before you ask which Hebrew character - it's a secret ;)

Sachiel
02-24-2009, 12:19 AM
All debate aside, I've had this experience before as well, accompanied by an energy strobe of my third eye.

If you want it to happen again under controlled circumstances, my advice would be to get into some energy work and focus on the third eye region.

To start, energy follows awareness. For a demonstration, take a narrow and sharp knife of any variety, and carefully point it right at your third eye, only a couple inches from actual contact. That area may experience sensations of tingling, burning, hot and cold, itching, or spinning. The theory is that the psychosomatic sensation is partially linked to your actual energy body, and work you do in this area (you don't need a knife) will improve your ability to see with etheric vision.

Starhead_Broderick
02-26-2009, 10:25 AM
I have experienced the same exact thing! But it freaked me out. But now it iterests me.