PDA

View Full Version : Saeiane will be gone for a while

Saeiane
02-18-2009, 08:00 AM
Hey all, uh, because of the viruses that my computer some how picked up, I MAY be out of commission for a while- normally I'd just send a PM to the other admins but, the PMs are out. So anyhow, for anywhere from a day to a few weeks at a time, I may be gone. Just letting you all know because of my position in the school, which I wouldn't want compromised...

But yes, I've got a few VERY nasty trojans, as far as I know the Vundo trojan, MS Antivirus .. Virus ( a fake anti vir program ) and a bunch of other nasty stuff that has not only infected my documents, but my anti-spyware, virus and other like programs, my desk top, everything imaginable.. So I'll need to format my computer- which if nothing goes wrong should work. If it does, I'd rather not think about it. Even this site itself is a trouble to get to, I'm occasionally re-directed... <.<
So yes, this is just a heads up, I apologize sincerely for any inconvenience.

Best wishes, and good luck all.

bakeneko
02-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Hey,
I had this vundo crap before... and got rid of it without re-format all.
The most simple thing to try to get rid of it would be to use a vundofix program (turn the system recovery OFF before you run this). If it does not do the trick, I could look up what I used in the end.

S33k3R
02-18-2009, 08:58 AM
...One word...LINUX :)

Lady Dunsany
02-18-2009, 09:38 AM
I experienced the same problem two weeks ago. What a lousy two days. I hope everything works out and your computer is up and running very soon.

bakeneko
02-18-2009, 02:40 PM
...One word...LINUX :)

True... even though I am one of those who are still stuck with the beast haha.

Y Ddraig Goch
02-18-2009, 03:39 PM
back up.... FORMAT.... easiest solution....

redhand
02-18-2009, 09:53 PM
You will be missed in your absence (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=mcu&ei=I4OcSaGhCJmMsQOz2fmsAg&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=absence&spell=1)!