PDA

View Full Version : Tools

Lady Dunsany
02-22-2009, 12:33 AM
I am curious does any one make their own tools for initiations and rituals. Before my first intuition I had to make my three wands my banners elements and six foot high pillars and it was not as easy as I thought. If you have any pictures of your Golden Dawn tools or any thing you use in rituals please show them here. Thank You.

orca2313
02-22-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't know much of ritual magick so if this sounds stupid i appologize. Couldn't you just focus your thought and will the objects into being? You could create them like a tulpa, only not sentient. Although, if your rituals require group, then this method wouldn't make sense.

Lady Dunsany
02-22-2009, 12:56 AM
Yes you can do that, but I am in an order, and i had to make my tools. I was raised in a magickal house which required the use of nothing but words. Magick is inside of us and is what makes us special. You are not stupid and do not sound stupid at all. It is just in GD orders we have to make our tools and it does not seem to be many ceremonial; magickians here. Hmmm.

orca2313
02-22-2009, 01:32 AM
Well, I find that it is easier to be polite and degrading towards yourself in order to avoid other people's comments like: shut the heck up!"
Its cool that you were raised around magick, i'm currently hiding my magick from my parents for fear that they'd think i'd gone crazy or was naive. As for there not being many ceremonial magicians, I remember that the origional OF had more ceremonials than chaotes, in fact the first beginner spell i learned about was a low magick healing spell. As far as making your tools goes, any object can be magickal, so if you have too, use cardboard.

Harlock
02-22-2009, 05:06 AM
i am crafty in hte wittling department so i make staffs and wands usually but other than that i tend to go to yard sales and use a keen eye to find stuff

Lady Dunsany
02-22-2009, 10:01 AM
And actually, Dunsany, there is a source I'd like to recommend for info on creating one's own tools. Ever read "Creating Magical Tools" by Chic and Sandra Tabitha Cicero? That's where I got all the info for creating my tools, although I did adjust and adapt as necessary.

Thank You. I have the book, it is a great resource, my first wand was a dowel with a cardboard top. When I made it the house was so charged with energy my animals were going crazy. Anything can be magickal even a gum wrapper, the magick is in us and in the universe, we just have to tap into it.

Lady Dunsany
02-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Well, I find that it is easier to be polite and degrading towards yourself in order to avoid other people's comments like: shut the heck up!"
Its cool that you were raised around magick, i'm currently hiding my magick from my parents for fear that they'd think i'd gone crazy or was naive. As for there not being many ceremonial magicians, I remember that the origional OF had more ceremonials than chaotes, in fact the first beginner spell i learned about was a low magick healing spell. As far as making your tools goes, any object can be magickal, so if you have too, use cardboard.

It is hard when you have different views than family. I think one of the reasons there are more chaos magickians here than ceremonial magickians to be honest, we are in orders so there is really not too much we can convey once we are accepted and intitiated, the secrets stay with us and only ones who are in our orders. The ones who are not in orders are more free with their information. The hardest thing I had to make was my robe, I can not sew. My pillars at six foot high were made from pvc pipe, and painting them was tough. Ah well.

Odin
02-22-2009, 12:08 PM
when we create the tools or the implements we put the energies into the the making and consecrate he tools we are creating our temple space and this brings the energies to you for the rituals that are going to be preformed

creating your tablets or tools enables you to make a stronger connection to the energies that we are invoking or evoking

mallock
02-22-2009, 02:47 PM
there is a rather old book by robert wang called the secret temple which contains photos of most of the golden dawn tools and instructions on how to make them
the book is on line at "scribd" and can be down loaded

Lady Dunsany
02-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Thank You. I have heard of the book but did not know if it was still around.

redhand
02-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Tools are actually astral anchors so there is a good reason for making and using them, as you progress the less you actually will rely on them because the physical tools become a part of you. You can actually perform better on the astral because you have actual physical experience with its physical counterpart.

Sachiel
02-23-2009, 06:28 PM
My first magickal experiences related to the air element and the energies of trees. I got to be connected to certain trees around my home.

One such tree, a willow which I especially associated with air, was struck by lightning. Before it was removed, I took a branch and made a wand. It was very small, and eventually snapped, but had, by far, the best sense of energy focus I've ever felt.

So I recommend something like that to anyone who is able. I have no other experience with making tools, save for scrying.